Owen Attlee Publish time 2024-6-15 06:28

How to make a Japan travel guide like a travel expert? Intelligence gathering

Have you ever been unable to figure out where to go every time you go out, and can only follow the usual itinerary? Don't want to just see the sights while traveling, and want to get to know the stories behind the attractions in depth? Want to know the most popular and exclusive information about attractions earlier than others? Kokomi recommends some travel magazines to help you solve the above problems!

Travel magazines take into account both timeliness and depth of content. Compared with travel books, they are more timely, and compared with single online articles, they have depth and completeness. They can be said to be a must-have for travel enthusiasts.

《d design travel》

Official website: https://www.d-department.com/

I translated their introduction using Google Translate as follows. I introduce only things that really move me from the perspective of "long-life design" as if I lived there. "Enduring things" and "characteristics of the land" rooted in each prefecture are selected and divided into six categories and published as "d mark reviews". This is not a travel magazine full of information, but a design travel guide series that introduces places with vitality that will last 10 years from now and information from the local area, as confirmed by D&DEPARTMENT.

This set of books currently has 33 volumes published, including 4 volumes in Hokkaido and Tohoku, 7 volumes in Kanto, 7 volumes in Chubu, 5 volumes in Kansai, 5 volumes in China and Shikoku, and 5 volumes in Kyushu and Okinawa. The price has also increased from the original 1,500 yen to 2,000 yen and to 3,000 yen. But with this unique content and the fact that it only publishes 3 volumes a year, the leader can still support it out of love. Several of the volumes have been published in Chinese.

"Travel Notes"

Official website: https://www.kotsu.co.jp/products/tabi/

"Traveler's Notes" is a Japanese travel magazine published by Traffic News. It bills itself as a "Japanese cultural support magazine" and not only introduces the fun of travel, but also conveys the beauty of Japan through the magazine. The magazine is a monthly magazine that is released on the 10th of every month. Each time, a special volume will be ordered to introduce special tourism in various parts of Japan, such as sightseeing trains, hot springs, flower viewing, historical sites, etc. Friends who like Japanese-themed tourism will definitely check it out. Hooked! At the same time, "Travel Notes" is mainly based on on-site visits and is undoubtedly the most suitable travel magazine for activist readers.

"Casa BRUTUS"

Official website: https://casabrutus.com/

"Casa" means home in Spanish. Anyone who has been to Barcelona must have visited Gaudi's buildings. In addition to the Sagrada Familia, the most famous ones are Casa Milà and Casa Batlló. Why is it translated like this? Because the original text is Casa Milà/Casa Batlló. So it is natural that Casa BRUTUS is a magazine with architecture as its theme. Why do I like it? Because it provides me with many reference destinations for travel.

Casa BRUTUS is a monthly magazine. Generally, monthly magazines are numbered and cost 900 yen per volume. Although it is said to be a monthly magazine, each issue actually has a theme, such as "100 Asian Destinations" or "100 Best Art Museums in Japan". But what attracts me more about Casa BRUTUS, or what is more valuable for collection, is the various special editions it releases from time to time. Generally speaking, special editions are more expensive than regular editions. Prices range from 1,250 yen to 1,600 yen.

《Discover Japan》

Official website: https://discoverjapan-web.com/

《Discover Japan》 is a magazine for rediscovering the good things in Japan. This magazine goes deep into every region and town in Japan to make the most authentic reports, and covers the representative cultural allusions, attractions, food, accommodation, etc. of each region to make a comprehensive explanation, so that the most complete and detailed information can be correctly conveyed. In addition, travel experts will be invited to explain the skills of successful travel. Each album introduction of different places will lead everyone into an unprecedented beautiful world. Don't miss this carefully cultivated collection of rediscovering the charm of Japan.

《るるぶ》

Official website: https://books.jtbpublishing.co.jp/

I translated its introduction using Google Translate. The following is a genuine travel information magazine that combines "seeing", "eating" and "playing"! A travel information magazine that introduces "seeing", "eating" and "playing" all over the country. In December 2010, the "るるぶ" series of books was certified by the Guinness World Records™ as the "Longest Series of Books - Travel Guide". Many photos, a magazine full of travel fun, the latest information carefully selected by the editorial department, easy-to-understand maps, etc., are full of useful information not only for travelers but also for locals.

Many years ago, I wrote a review of Rurubu, you can refer to it. What makes a good guide book good | Japan Walker Guide Rurubu Review .

《Japan Walker@HK》

Official website: https://www.japan-walker.net/hk

This magazine is the only one published by a Japanese company in Hong Kong. Japan Walker@HK presents the wonderfulness of Japan to readers from various angles such as tourism, food, shopping, entertainment, and culture. This magazine is rich in content. It not only introduces famous attractions in Japan, but also recommends some hidden places. And it is not just a simple introduction, but also a detailed introduction to the background, history and culture of each place, so that readers can have a deeper understanding of Japan.

In addition, Japan Walker@HK will also introduce the popular fashion of the season in Japan. Whether it is men's or women's clothing, the magazine will have detailed introductions and pictures, allowing readers to keep up with the latest trends in Japanese fashion. In addition, the magazine will also introduce various Japanese cultures, such as Japanese home style, traditional tea ceremony and Japanese cuisine, etc., so that readers can have a deeper understanding of Japanese life.

Where can I buy imported travel magazines?

The most common way to read Japanese magazines is to go to physical bookstores such as Kinokuniya, Tsutaya Bookstore, and Eslite Bookstore to buy them. Friends who can't go to these bookstores can ship them back to China through overseas shopping, and they are tax-free for less than 10 books. But the shipping cost may account for one-third of the value of the book.

If you travel to Japan, you can go and choose it yourself. Or you can order it on Amazon Japan, bookoff, and send it to the hotel to bring back to China. Although I like to visit Japanese bookstores, buying magazines is still quite expensive, and stacking them in the room also takes up space, so I will only go to physical bookstores to buy magazines unless I have to collect them.

Now, you can also use electronic magazine platforms to read Japanese magazines, such as "kono" in Taiwan or "magazine fan" in China.

Pages: [1]
View full version: How to make a Japan travel guide like a travel expert? Intelligence gathering