Marlon Browning Publish time 2024-6-17 21:19

I had a Chinese breakfast on the streets of Krabi, Thailand

When AirAsia opens new routes, there will be a super low-price launch promotion, so I bought a round-trip ticket from Macau to Krabi for NT$300. I didn’t know much about Krabi before. Many people mistakenly think that Krabi is an island. In fact, it is a province in Thailand, similar to a province in China. Krabi travel can be roughly divided into three areas: Krabi Town, Ao Nang, and outlying islands.

Krabi town is very small, there is not even a large shopping mall. The so-called largest shopping mall, Vogue Shopping Center, is just a three-story department store, which only takes about ten minutes. You can walk all the way and buy nothing.

My friends and I gave up shopping and had no choice but to start shopping for food. The overall quality of Krabi’s food is not as good as that of Bangkok. I can’t say it’s delicious, but it’s not bad either.

When I came to Krabi, Dianping also "failed". Several of the top-ranked stores all received five-star reviews in exchange for discounts from merchants. I recommend everyone to try its street food, including the improved Cantonese morning tea with a Thai flavor, a unique Thai noodle shop, a porridge shop that is only open in the early morning, durian sticky rice flavored ice cream...

Krabi Town Street Food Map

TipsThe shops in the article do not have addresses. Please search for the corresponding shop name directly in Google Maps. (Except the content in brackets), business hours can be viewed directly on Google Maps.

Radcharod dim sum (morning tea)

Radcharod is really called "morning tea". It opens at 6 o'clock in the morning and closes at 12 noon. It was not available for two days in a row.

Thai snacks are very small, two in a cage, but the ingredients are fresh. The raw meat is placed at the door after it is cooked, and is freshly picked and steamed directly to the table.
The taste is a bit different from Guangdong. It should be modified according to the taste of Thai people. The overall taste is sweeter, but it does not affect the deliciousness. Chicken feet have a slight medicinal taste, which is very special. The shrimps in the siomai and quail egg shrimp balls are very fresh and sweet. Unfortunately, the shrimp dumplings are sold out. If you want to go, be sure to get there early.

Ko Suang (Hainanese Chicken Rice)

My favorite The street food in Bangkok is Hainanese chicken rice, and Bangkok’s Samai Seik and Bun Tang Ket are both very good. The facade of Ko Suang looks like a canteen and is very friendly. When you step into this restaurant, you don't seem to have to worry about the price and can just order directly.

The boneless chicken at this restaurant is very tender and smooth, not bad at all, and the chicken skin is thick but not greasy. The boneless chicken even has some tendons attached to it, which tastes particularly good. Unfortunately, the chicken rice is inferior and some parts of it taste hard. Overall it’s still delicious, I just lament that it’s not easy to find the perfect Hainanese chicken rice!

มิตรโอชา (香美)

Xiangmei is located at the corner of the Riverside Night Market in Krabi Town, near the afternoon Almost no one, except for a few stall owners, was preparing materials and tools for the night market.

From the old photos on the wall, the words "香美" and retro radios and other objects, you can probably guess that this small shop has a bit of history. The small round wooden table from the old days and the carved high stools common in Thailand have both Chinese traces and Thai charm here.

This old teahouse serves toast, various coffees and teas. The drinks may give you a taste of your childhood. The French toast is tepid and slightly sweet. A pot of chrysanthemum tea and several teacups will be served on every table, as if to tell you that there is no need to rush.

A sleeping tabby cat has been lying on the wall under the table, changing sleeping positions from time to time, and kicking its feet as if dreaming. Although Xiangmei is not a delicacy, it feels like time has stopped here.

ก๋วยเตี๋ยวโกเด้ งข้าง (Chicken Leg Noodles)

A street stall near Vogue Mall , the voices of local people are shouting, and the seats are packed. We were attracted, walked to the Hebin Night Market, and then walked back.
The stall has no name, you can choose from thick or thin noodles, with fish balls, beef or chicken legs, or double. The chicken thigh meat is tender and smooth, with a suitable salty and sweet taste, and the brine is mixed with a faint aroma of medicinal herbs. The chicken feet fall off the bone as soon as you eat them, and the store even thoughtfully provides a bone plate.

ทิพย์โอชา (Tip ocha Krabi)

This fast food restaurant only has a Thai menu, and the staff speaks English. It's not very good. It is recommended to order by looking at the pictures on the wall or directly opening the pictures on Google Maps.

The pork trotters in the pork trotter noodles are full of gelatin and are very easy to take off the bones. They have a sweet braised meat flavor and a little medicinal flavor of bak kut teh. Just right.

The satay meat skewers are also quite delicious. The meat is chewy and you can’t help but eat skewers one after another. The price is also cheap, with eight or nine skewers only costing 40 baht.

The last thing worth mentioning is its Ice Tea. It is not an ordinary lemon tea, but has the taste of ordinary tea itself. It is not too sweet and is just right.

โจ๊กเหมี่ยวหลัน (porridge)

Very popular among locals The popular late-night snack and breakfast stalls open at 2:30 every night and only open until 10 a.m. during peak hours. You have to wait for a table.
This 50-year-old restaurant specializes in porridge and noodle soup. Locals must order pork porridge with salted eggs and pork bone soup with rice. The small, soft fried dough sticks become especially delicious when dipped into the thick porridge.

โรตี หน้าโวค (pancake)

Krabi town internet celebrity The Pancake specialty store was rated as "2019 Krabi must-eat restaurant" by the Thai review website Wongnai. The small store has no shops and just sets up a stall outside the Vogue Mall in Krabi Town. It opens at 5 o'clock in the evening.

To be honest, Thai drinks and pancake-like foods are too sweet and difficult to adapt to. But this pancake is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and the heat is controlled just right. It can also be made into a crispy piece according to personal taste. If you don't like condensed milk, you can also sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder. This shop can be called "Variety Pancake"! Tea is also provided here to relieve fatigue~

ส้มตำเจ๊อ้วน (Northern Thai cuisine)

Northern Thai food stalls frequented by locals are typical "fly restaurants" that are cost-effective and delicious.

The pork neck is not greasy, the grilled chicken is tender and juicy, the fried macaroni has a refreshing taste, and the tom yum soup base is richer than other restaurants. The portions of this store are large and the prices are not expensive. It is worth a visit to Krabi Try it, but note that the opening hours are only until 7:30 pm.

DQ Sticky Rice Durian Ice Cream

I believe many guides recommend you to experience DQ in Thailand, the price is lower than domestic More than half cheaper. The recently released durian glutinous rice has an even more amazing taste. After the glutinous rice is mixed into the ice cream, the ice cream becomes very chewy. Friends who like salted eggs can also try the crispy salted egg durian ice cream. There is a branch on the first floor of Krabi Vogue Mall.
Pages: [1]
View full version: I had a Chinese breakfast on the streets of Krabi, Thailand