Rachel Ellis Publish time 2024-6-19 03:59

A guide to more free island hopping in Hong Island, Krabi

This is my second time to go island hopping in Krabi, but it has been 7 years. Last time I also went island hopping, mainly to Phi Phi Island and Lipe Island. This time, taking advantage of the peak season, I plan to go island hopping to Koh Haa Island for one day, Koh Hong Island for one day, and Bamboo Island for one day. Regarding the transportation methods of Koh Hong Island, I searched a lot on Xiaohongshu, but I didn’t see any content about free travel to Koh Hong Island. After all, I just want to lie on the beach, and don’t want to hop on several islands in one day, and then I can’t play well on any one and feel tired. I’m here for vacation, not to be a special forces soldier. When we arrived in Ao Nang on the first day, we accidentally found Long Tail Boat Service next to Reeve while walking around, and share it with everyone.

👉🏻From Ao Nang Beach to Koh Hong
There is a small house called Long Tail Boat Ticket next to Reeve Restaurant. You can buy a round-trip boat ticket to Koh Hong Island here for 500 baht. The time is from 8 am to 4 pm. The long-tail boat will sail when it is full of 6 people. However, you still need to pay an island fee of 300 baht to go to the island, which will be collected by the captain on the boat when you are about to arrive at Koh Hong Island.
If you want to charter a boat or go to other islands, you can refer to the price list in Figure 2 to plan your trip yourself (updated on 2024.02.07).

👉🏼 Hongdao Suggestions
Before coming here, I saw mixed reviews about Hongdao on Xiaohongshu. I think going out to sea depends on the weather, and the weather determines the experience. The weather was very good when we went to Rock Island and Hongdao, so I personally recommend it. There is a 360-degree viewing platform on Hongdao. The stairs to climb up are quite steep, and they can basically be called vertical. You can enjoy the scenery around Hongdao at the top and along the way. The capable children must rush, everything is worth it. The water in Hongdao is also very clear. There are many small fish on the shallow coast. There are also many people snorkeling in the shallow sea with snorkeling equipment. It is recommended to wear beach shoes to protect your feet. The beach is very fine white sand, but the small stones in the shallow sea are really painful.

In addition, my suggestion is to lie on the beach, find a good place under the tree to cool down, lay out the beach towel, find a stone or use a bag to press the four corners, prepare sunscreen (the banana boat spray version for the beach, spray it once on the beach, and spray it again after each time you go into the sea, so as to ensure that you don’t get sunburned too seriously), and then open a book, put on headphones to play your favorite music, or close your eyes and take a nap, this is the way to start the Holiday Vibe.

👉🏽 Return to Ao Nang Beach from Hong Island
Generally, four o'clock is the last boat from Hong Island to Ao Nang Beach. But it mainly depends on the time agreed by the captain and everyone. Be sure to remember the boat number and time, and return on time. Try to return five minutes in advance, otherwise the captain may not wait for people. We met a very good captain. After leaving Hong Island Pier, the captain sailed into Hong Lagoon and stopped the boat here for about 10 minutes so that we could get off the boat to the lake. The water was very shallow, about knee-high.

Pages: [1]
View full version: A guide to more free island hopping in Hong Island, Krabi