Osborn Clare Publish time 2024-6-19 15:45

Boracay Food Landmark, D'talipapa Seafood Market Sweep Guide

I have been a seafood fan since I was a kid. I am a seafood monster who eats all kinds of seafood. I used to have my mother by my side, so I could always eat the freshest ones. When I grew up, I always had to deal with people who were always cheating. Only then did I deeply understand a truth: it is useless to know how to eat but not how to choose. You will always suffer the consequences! So before I set off for Boracay this time, I did my homework very hard (of course, I bribed my mother in various ways to find the dry goods). I thought that there must be friends who love seafood like me but have no idea about choosing, so I decided to share my little strategy~

D'talipapa Seafood Market

D’Talipapa: It is a traditional market in Boracay, located between S2 and S3 piers. It takes about 15 minutes to walk from the main road to S3 from dmall. There are signs at the intersection. It is recommended to take a tuk-tuk for convenience. Not far from the entrance to the intersection are some Chinese restaurants. Opposite the restaurant is the seafood market. Not only seafood is sold here, but also various beach equipment, cheap jewelry, snacks, souvenirs, clothing and other stores are gathered here.

Extracurricular helper: D’Talipapa means wet in the local language, which implies that everyone who enters the market will come out wet (because the seafood is so fresh and always jumping around, so people coming and going will get splashed).

Boracay is an island, but! The seafood in the D'talipapa seafood market, or even the seafood on the entire island, is not caught locally in Boracay. Because the Philippine government has clearly stipulated that fishing is not allowed within a few miles of Boracay, there is no fishing port here, and the seafood and fish on the island are all shipped from other islands.

There are only two or three stalls selling fish here, and the others sell seafood that is very expensive (shellfish, lobsters, prawns, etc.).

NO.1 Lobster (Palinuridae/lobster)
Price: Green dragon (medium size)--2800P/KG;
Red dragon will be relatively cheaper by a few hundred pesos

NO.2 Prawns
Price: Large (live) -- 450-500P/piece; Small -- 300-350P/piece; Dead (including freshly dead) -- 800P/KG; Frozen (may be mixed with long-dead ones, not recommended) -- 900-1000P/KG

NO.3 Crab
Price: 700P/KG

【Things to note when shopping【A little preview~】】

1. There is no official price for seafood here, it all depends on Xiaohei's mouth, so bargaining is a must (just bargain to the death). Price fluctuations mainly depend on the number of Chinese tourists.
2. Of course, the most important thing is to be careful of vendors switching, keep an eye on the type of shrimp and crab you buy, and don't let them replace it with other species. It is best to weigh and inspect before processing to avoid tampering.

Pages: [1]
View full version: Boracay Food Landmark, D'talipapa Seafood Market Sweep Guide