Enid Dulles Publish time 2024-6-22 18:10

$2,000 Thailand travel record, from day to night, from city to countryside

Because I haven't traveled abroad for several years, I finally got a chance and decided to go to Thailand before the Chinese New Year this year. The itinerary was set relatively late, so a large part of the cost this time was the airfare. After the trip, I roughly calculated that one person did not exceed 2,000 US dollars (including a lot of taxi fares and several expensive restaurants, bars and nightclubs). Before departure, I was very much looking forward to this free travel. Of course, I was still very satisfied with it overall, except for one day of the itinerary. I will tell you a few thunder points later.

Itinerary Air Tickets
January 29-February 3: Hong Kong-Bangkok
February 3-February 6: Bangkok-Chiang Mai; Chiang Mai-Bangkok
February 6-February 7: Bangkok-Hong Kong

Expenses
Total: 2,000 US dollars/person
4 flights: 400 US dollars/person
Accommodation (Airbnb+Booking): 300 US dollars/person
Cash exchange: 300 US dollars/person
Taxi , high-cost restaurants, miscellaneous expenses: $400/person
Bar and nightclub consumption: $600/person

Software
Grap-The first APP, Thailand's taxi software, very convenient, and the service attitude is very good, and it can be linked to mobile payment
GoogleMap-Mark the places you want to go and the check-in points on the map, very convenient, clear at a glance, and you can quickly plan a route
GoogleTranslate-There is a very useful function, direct voice dialogue, can translate Thai into other languages, very useful

Bangkok Streets

January 29-February 3: Hong Kong-Bangkok

January 29
The round-trip ticket from Hong Kong to Bangkok was booked on Jordanian Airlines. We arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport at about 11pm on the 29th. Maybe because we arrived late, there were not many people queuing for visas on arrival. The total time was within 1 hour. Follow the airport instructions. There is a designated taxi pick-up point. Find the staff and tell them your accommodation information. He will tell the taxi driver and write a note for you.

There is the driver's information on it, so that you don't lose your belongings in the car. For this, you have to pay the driver an extra 50THB, which is still recommended. On the first day, we arrived too late, so we booked a hotel close to the airport but it was very ordinary, so I won’t recommend it to you.

January 30-February 3

Part 1. hotel

The entire Bangkok itinerary is put together, and the recommendation of merchants and stores is the main focus. The 4-day Bangkok itinerary, except for the brain cramps that decided to go to the attractions, which was very bad, the rest were very nice, and I recommend them to you one by one.

Hotel: IR-ON Hotel Infrared Hotel
The location is in the "Sukhumvit District". The hotel is good overall, the waiters are very friendly, and the rooms are American industrial style. You can search on Booking. The hotel is also in a good location. There are many bars and check-in stores that you want to go to nearby, which are all within walking distance.

IR-ON Hotel

Hotel: J No.14 Hotel is located in the south of Bangkok city, away from the main The city is separated by the Mekong River, so it's not convenient to go to the city, but it's also very convenient to the stores we want to go to (so in the end, we didn't even go into the city center once, because the places we wanted to go were all outside the city). The hotel environment is very comfortable , very quiet, with various animal specimens collected by the boss

Lobby

Porch

Stairs

Room

Looks like the boss’s car

My car is on the left

Part 2 Bar

#FindTheLocerRoom#---IR-ON Hotel is a 10-minute walk away. The entrance is very hard to find, but once you find it, you will feel like you are in another world, because this shop is really hard to find. The entrance is a very small alley, and at the end of the alley is a locker. At that time, I thought the door was pushed and pulled open, but I almost took it off, so everyone remember to pull it horizontally! After entering, it is really a different world. After entering, there are only a dozen seats, very leisurely and hidden, very suitable for chatting. The female boss is also very friendly, you can ask her to recommend cocktails to you, and the bartender will also chat with you

This is the alley!

Remember to open the door horizontally

The cocktail recommended by the female boss

# Rabbit Hole#

After finishing the last one, we went to another one 5 minutes away. It is said that the owner of this shop, ChaCha, is the champion of the cocktail mixing competition. The entrance is also difficult to find, but compared with the above This one is already very good

Rabbit Hole

Part.3 After talking about drinking, I must introduce places to eat and eat~

First, I would like to recommend a restaurant and the place where the restaurant is located. They are both worth visiting and eating~#The Never Ending Summer#. This restaurant was the most expensive meal we had during our 10-day trip, 2300THB for 2 people, but the curry soft-shell crab was really delicious! And the place where the restaurant is located is a creative park transformed from an old factory, so mind everyone to go on weekends, you will catch up with creative markets, performances, etc. We were very lucky and happened to run into a music festival. Luckily, we watched a band live~, Creative Park Location: THE JAM FACTORY

The Never Ending Summer

It was so delicious that I cried!

Market

Live

Faceless-By Mandy

Aritist

The boss said: I have collected thousands of your works

#Ratchada Train Night Market#

It is one of the three attractions I visited during my trip to Bangkok. It was mostly full of tour groups and Chinese people. The food was actually pretty average, especially the popular spareribs. I turned around and left when I saw the queue. But it was still okay to choose a good place to take photos~

Ratchada Train Night Market

Gay Bar, the DJ plays Trap hh

As mentioned above, the Bangkok itinerary only visited 3 attractions. In addition to the night market, the other two were Mae Kung Market and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Mae Kung Market was actually not bad. We set off at 8 o'clock in the morning, took a taxi to Bangkok South Station, and took a Mini Bus for 60THB/person. The most disappointing thing was the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. First of all, there was no Mini Bus willing to take tourists from Mae Kung Market to Damnoen Saduak. Later, I asked a store owner and the reason was that the driver did not understand English. Secondly, after spending 350THB to take a three-wheeled vehicle to the floating market, a boat cost 1000THB, and finally bargained to 800/1H. After getting on the boat, we asked to return after 10 minutes. The small commodities sold on both sides of the river were also free. If you want to ask how bad this itinerary is, you see, I didn't take any photos, which proves how bad it is.

Part 4. Regrets

There are two regrets in this trip to Thailand. One is that we spent too little time in Chiang Mai, and the other is that we spent too little time in Hua Hin. Hua Hin is about 3 hours away from Bangkok. We chartered a car to go there and then took a bus back. The price of the chartered car was 399RMB; the bus was 100THB/person; you can book tickets on Qunar.com

Hotel: Thai House Resort
Similar to a resort, it is 15 kilometers away from the city of Hua Hin. Although the location is relatively remote, the resort is very comfortable. Everyone has a small villa. If you can come with your family, it would be very comfortable~

Thai House Resort

#Cicada Zen Creative Night Market#

We were very lucky. Without any travel guide, we caught up with the Cicada Night Market which is only open on weekends. This is probably the most comfortable, cleanest and tastiest night market I have ever visited in Thailand~ Most of them are handmade and artistic items. You can find nice T-shirts~

Food area

Luggage Sticker

Mojito Day

#Banburi Mangrove Forest Park#

Let me say, why In a tight schedule, I squeezed in a day to go to Hua Hin, actually just to go to this place. The moment I got there, I felt for the first time that this trip to Thailand was worth it. From the hotel we stayed in It takes about 10-15 minutes to ride a motorcycle. No tickets are required. Just follow the GoogleMap navigation

Overhead shot

Mangrove

Part 5, finally, I will mention a few points for your reference

(1) 7-11 can be found everywhere in Thailand, and the food there is really delicious!!! Especially the bread and Oreo ice cream, which can only be found in Thailand!
(2) The cost of living in Bangkok is not low. The average price per person in shopping malls or good restaurants is about the same as that in Shenzhen
(3) If you want to save money, the noodle shops on the street are also very delicious~ and the price is not expensive
(4) I visited a few cafes, but after I went to Chiang Mai, I forgot about these cafes and would not recommend them
(5) Scenic spots, but scenic spots. If you must go, remember to go to Taobao to sign up for a half-day tour, otherwise don’t go
(6) The next article will write about the 4 days in Chiang Mai. The thing I regret most is that I didn’t spend enough time in Chiang Mai!!! It was so comfortable!
(7) Finally, I'll attach a few photos. I found the beach by accident while riding a bike in Hua Hin. It was so comfortable.
(8) I strongly recommend that you take the BTS or MRT in Bangkok. The traffic jams in Bangkok are unimaginable!

Hua Hin Small Beach (Why is it a small beach...)

Thailand's unique public transportation: Songthaew

Pages: [1]
View full version: $2,000 Thailand travel record, from day to night, from city to countryside