Colbert Juliet Publish time 2024-6-28 17:18

Dumaguete wild sulfur hot spring, Basley hot spring, undeveloped nature

One of the most worthwhile attractions in Dumaguete: Basley hot spring. This attraction is a wild hot spring that has not been developed and may not be known by locals. It is located in the Basley area. In fact, I feel that Basley is more like a mountainous area, and the hot spring is part of this mountain. Locals say that there are several other hot springs in Dumaguete, but I think they are all similar, so this one is enough.

How to get to Basley? Every time I travel, I choose to go off the beaten path, explore on my own, and enjoy the unknown on the journey! So this time we came to Basley Hot Springs without chartering a car or taking a taxi, but taking a bus and a motorcycle! However, babies who don’t like tossing are not recommended to go this way, and you can charter a car to go there.

Bus: Take tutu from the center of Dumaguete to the bus terminal. Note that it is the bus center in the Robinson area. After arriving, find the bus to Dauin and tell the driver to get off at Basley, which is about 15-20 minutes by car.

Motorcycle: After getting off the bus, we couldn't find a tutu car with a suitable price. A local on a motorcycle happened to come and was very enthusiastic. He wanted to be our guide. So we made a deal with three people and two motorcycles for 600p, including round trip, to take us into the mountains to find the hot spring. The motorcycle takes about 20 minutes to reach the entrance of the mountain. If you want the contact information of the motorcycle, please PM!

After arriving at the entrance, you need to walk a mountain road to reach the hot spring. There is a small waterfall if you walk hard inside. Most of the mountain roads have stairs, but the handrails of the stairs are in disrepair for a long time, so you still need to pay attention to safety!

Pages: [1]
View full version: Dumaguete wild sulfur hot spring, Basley hot spring, undeveloped nature