Lawrence Alcott Publish time 2024-6-28 17:26

Cebu, Philippines, come and see where Columbus sailed

Come to Cebu, Philippines for a trip, the island Columbus once visited.

1. Transportation
You can fly directly from Hong Kong to Cebu, and from other places you can transfer in Manila to Cebu. The local customs are pretty good and there is no random tipping. After landing, you can use Grab, and you can pay with credit cards or cash. Then you can go to Peir 1 Pier to take a boat for 800p/person to Bohol. You can buy tickets on the spot or buy them through Klook.
When you are almost late, there are many local black people who can help you buy tickets and get you on the boat, about 1100p/person.

2. City Walk route
SM Mall (a very ordinary mall, I personally feel that there is nothing special). Church of the Holy Child, Magellan's Cross, you can take nice photos of the beautiful bridges on the way. Grodo Museum (200p/person if you want to see all three museums, including a tour guide), Fort San Pedro (walking out is Independence Square), Independence Square (really just a square). Colon Road, you can walk through it in one day, but it is really sunny at noon, you can get up early the next day to go shopping.

3. Cebu local food
house of lechon
The suckling pig is very famous. It opens at 10 am. It is recommended to eat at noon. It is often sold out at night. You must go early, otherwise you have to queue. The seafood is also delicious.
jollibee
The local McDonald's feels better than the stores in Hong Kong and Macau
Others
The local drinks are very sweet. Even the coffee of McMahon is so sweet that I can't drink it. The coconuts on the road are delicious, 45p each, but they are just coconut milk poured into a plastic bag, without a straw

4. Cost
I changed my money in advance in Hong Kong, but it was gone on the first day, so I had US dollars to change. Some money changers do not accept RMB, and there are ATMs in the local area.

5. Safety
There are still many local security guards. I didn't see any cases of snatching mobile phones or stealing things, but there are many people sleeping on the ground. I was often startled by people lying on the ground when walking on the roadside at night.

Pages: [1]
View full version: Cebu, Philippines, come and see where Columbus sailed