Rae Shaw Publish time 2024-7-14 03:11

Hong Kong Travel, Locals' Secret Treasure Restaurants TOP 15 Recommendations

I have been back to Hong Kong several times recently, and I am still full of desire to explore this city. If I say what I miss the most, it must be the food. Today I will share a list of restaurants. There are favorites that I have eaten for many years, and there are also new favorites. I will share 15 treasure restaurants with you~

1. LPM

LPM, which I visited three times in one month, can be said to be one of my favorite restaurants. Although it is fine dining, the decoration is bright and natural, giving people a relaxing feeling, which I like very much. More importantly, the taste is very good!

The main dish is southern French cuisine, inspired by the Riviera. I especially like their seafood and seasonal fruits and vegetables, which are fresh and light. You must also try the Burrata, which is refreshing and appetizing. The cocktail list is also very interesting, and there are no blind spots.

LPM restaurant information:

Address: No. 1, 1/F, H Queen's, 23-29 Danley Street, Central
Tel: 28871113
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday 12:00-14:30; 19:00-0:00

2. MOYO

This is a small restaurant located on a cobblestone street in Central. The front looks inconspicuous, but you will be pleasantly surprised after trying it. MOYO serves modern Korean cuisine with some Italian flavors. The small restaurant is warm and lively. The atmosphere is great, suitable for gatherings with friends.

Remember to order the sea urchin rice!! The ingredients are generous, the sea urchin is sweet and rich, and the crab roe is crunchy, which is satisfying. Raw beef tartare, roasted pork belly and other dishes are very good.

MOYO restaurant information:

Address: Ground floor, 36 Aberdeen Street, Central
Tel: 28582777
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00-15:00; 18:00-22:30

3. Mott 32

When we lived in Hong Kong, Mott 32 was where we often went for tea. Now, whenever I come back and don’t know what to eat, I always go here. The space designed by Joyce Wang, the dark underground space is fashionable and interesting, full of Chinese elements.

After many years of business, the products are still online and maintain a high standard. Spanish black pork barbecued pork and truffle quail egg siu mai are our signature dishes every time. Of course, various sweet desserts are also delicious.

Mott 32 Restaurant Information:

Address: Standard Chartered Bank Building, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Central
Tel: 28858688
Business hours: 11:30-14:30; 17:30-23:00

4. CHAAT

CHAAT is an Indian restaurant that was hard to get a seat at when it opened. It was also known as one of the most difficult Michelin restaurants in Hong Kong. When you walk into the restaurant, you will be attracted by the rich aroma of spices.

At CHAAT, classic Indian street food is presented in a more elegant and refined way. The dishes are unique and the taste is very authentic.

Grilled chicken, lamb chops and various curries and masalas are suitable for those who like exotic flavors. Butter naan is also delicious. We couldn't help but order one more.

CHAAT restaurant information:

Address: 5/F, Rosewood Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: 52399220
Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday 12:00-14:30; 17:30-22:30

5. Da Domenico

Known as "expensive celebrity pasta", da Domenico is said to be the dining hall for the rich among Western restaurants in Hong Kong. It is indeed expensive, and it is indeed delicious. The dishes are very authentic and traditional Italian home cooking, not fancy or innovative, but each dish is very stable from the ingredients to the cooking level.

The signature red shrimp pasta is a must-order. The shrimp flavor is very strong and the pasta tastes just right. The fresh and juicy Burrata with tomato salad is also a must-try.

Da Domenico Restaurant Information:

Address: G/F, Oi Kwan Commercial Building, 32 Oi Kwan Road, Wan Chai
Tel: 28828013
Business hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00-14:00; 18:00-22:00

6. Fortune House

Fook Lam Moon needs no introduction. It is a well-known old Cantonese restaurant and the "rich man's canteen" frequented by countless celebrities.

The soups, dim sum and various dishes are all stable and excellent, and the environment and service are also above standard. The steamed fish is even better! (My top 2 are here and China Club), and I personally think the taste is better than the same door Jiaquan Qifu. Of course, this is also a matter of opinion~

Fulinmen Restaurant Information:

Address: 35-45 Johnston Road, Wan Chai
Tel: 28660663
Business hours: 11:30-15:00; 18:00-23:30

7. Pica Pica

The name Pica Pica means "a little bit of this, a little bit of that" in Spanish. The restaurant specializes in a variety of tapas, and the casual and lively atmosphere is perfect for sharing a drink with many people.

The dishes add some novel twists to the classic Spanish flavor. There is no fancy showmanship. The style of home cooking is simple and delicious.

Pica Pica restaurant information:

Address: Shop G-H, G/F, Kai Tak Commercial Building, 317-321 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan
Tel: 28119880
Business hours: Monday to Friday 12:00-23:00; Saturday to Sunday 12:00-0:00

8. Yardbird

Yardbird is also a small shop that I have been eating at for many years since I worked in Hong Kong. In my mind, Yardbird ranks first with Torijo in the list of yakitori in Hong Kong. The shop is not in the style of a Japanese izakaya, but has a simple industrial style decoration. The atmosphere is more casual and fashionable, which is very suitable for a drink.

The main dish is Japanese skewers. You can taste almost every part of the chicken here. In addition, some salads, fried foods, and snacks on the menu are also very delicious. Oyster, chicken meatballs, and corn tempura are recommended~

Yardbird restaurant information:

Address: Wing Seng Building, 154-158 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan
Tel: 25479273
Business hours: Tuesday to Saturday 18:00-0:00

9. SEP

SEP is a very stylish fine dining restaurant in Vietnam. I came here for a bowl of delicious pho! The top-grade Korean beef has a beautiful marbled texture. After being served, it is poured with hot soup and instantly cooked into a soft pink color. It looks light but has a rich flavor. It can be said to be an upgraded version of beef noodles.

Hoi An Crispy Chicken, Lemongrass Honey Acorn Pork and other dishes are refined based on the methods and ingredients of traditional Vietnamese dishes, and they taste very good. For friends who like pho like me, Brass Spoon and Co Thanh are also my favorites.

SEP restaurant information:

Address: 19/F, H Code High Block, 45 Pottinger Street, Central
Tel: 21165433
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00-15:00; 17:30-23:00

10. Carbone Hong Kong

I remember a few years ago, when Carbone, which was very popular in New York, opened in Hong Kong, it was a hot topic in the city. The Hong Kong store is owned by the cousin of the famous chef Mario Carbone, and is managed by his cousin Louie Carbone. Now it is fully booked almost every day.

The retro leather sofas and brass decorations are full of gorgeous "Godfather" style, and the artworks on the wall are also carefully selected. The environment and taste are both online, which is a good choice for Italian food in the city.

Every traditional Italian dish is very authentic, especially the spicy Rigatoni Vodka, which is great. You must try it.

Carbone Hong Kong restaurant information:

Address: 9/F, LKF Tower, 33 Wyndham Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central
Tel: 25932593
Business hours: Monday, Wednesday to Saturday 12:00-14:30; 18:00-22:30; Sunday 18:00-23:30

11. Samsen Thai Noodles

Samsen is already a senior internet celebrity in Thai cuisine. From Wan Chai to Central, there are still long queues every day. Chef Adam Cliff used to work at NAHM in Bangkok. Samsen's style is more street-style and casual.

Boat noodles, Pad Thai, and pork neck are all signature dishes. I was surprised to find that my favorite Khao Soi was available for lunch this time. Coconut ice cream and Thai milk are also worth a try.

Samsen Thai Noodle Restaurant Information:

Address: 68 Stone Channel Street, Wan Chai
Tel: 22340001
Business hours: Monday to Thursday, Sunday 12:00-15:00; 18:00-22:00; Friday to Saturday 12:00-15:00; 18:00-23:00

12. Fiata Pizza

Fiata Pizza is said to be ranked eighth in the Asia-Pacific list of 50 Top Pizza last year and first in Hong Kong. I came here specifically for the reputation, and it is indeed well-deserved. The freshly baked pizza tastes amazing. The edge of the pizza is crispy and has a strong wheat aroma, while the crust is moist and soft, and it is filled with tomato sauce and cheese fillings, just right, and it is satisfying in one bite. However, there are relatively few dishes other than pizza. There are not many seats in the store, so it is recommended to make an appointment in advance.

Fiata Pizza restaurant information:

Address: Ground Floor, 2 Staunton Street, Central
Tel: 60326626
Business hours: 12:00-14:30; 18:00-21:30

13. The Aubrey

A Japanese izakaya hidden in the old Mandarin, The Aubrey was ranked 17th in Asia's 50 Best Bars last year. With shochu, awamori and plum wine as the base liquor, various Japanese-style cocktails are very unique.

We just wanted to have a drink, but the food was so delicious. It was a creative new Japanese cuisine. Different dining experiences are provided at different times throughout the day. The nostalgic European environment is very elegant, and the view of Victoria Harbour and the Ferris Wheel from the 25th floor is also very good.

Information about The Aubrey Restaurant:

Address: 25/F, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Road Central, Central
Tel: 28254001
Business hours: Lunch 12:00-14:30; Cocktail Party 12:00-1:00 (Sunday to Thursday); 12:00-2:00 (Friday to Saturday); Dinner 18:00-22:00; Brunch 12:00-14:00 (Saturday to Sunday)

14. The Classroom Building

The large banquet hall where you could always walk in to get a seat is now really hard to book...But every time I have the chance to eat there, I still marvel at the chef's profound skills and his control over the original flavors of the ingredients.

In fact, I never really got the charm of the famous chicken oil Huadiao steamed red crab with Chencun noodles, but the other dishes were very pleasant surprises. Charcoal barbecued pork and Longjing chrysanthemum smoked pigeon are worth trying. From home-cooked stir-fries to difficult ancient dishes, the products are all excellent, delicate and without losing the flavor of the wok.

Dabanlou Restaurant Information:

Address: 3rd Floor, 198 Wellington Street, Central
Tel: 25552202
Business hours: 12:00-15:00; 18:00-23:00

15. Sushi Zo Hong Kong

I have eaten a lot of sushi in Hong Kong, but my favorite is Sushi Zo. Walk through a dim bar to Banqian. There are only 12 seats in total, so make a reservation in advance.

The omakase for lunch and dinner is priced at 1500 and 2500 respectively, including 10 sushi rolls. The dinner has more food and wine, which is good value for money. The ingredients are fresh, the seasoning is just right, and the creativity is integrated, and the products are very stable every time.

Sushi Zo Hong Kong restaurant information:

Address: LG1/F, 01-LG103, Police Headquarters Building, Block 1, Tai Kwun, 10 Hollywood Road, Central
Tel: 28840114
Business hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00-14:00; 18:00-23:00

I have shared 15 favorite restaurants with you in one go, and I hope it can also serve as a reference for everyone when traveling to Hong Kong. If there are any other travel destinations that you would like me to share tips on, you are also welcome to leave me a message in the comment area!
Pages: [1]
View full version: Hong Kong Travel, Locals' Secret Treasure Restaurants TOP 15 Recommendations