Edward Carpenter Publish time 2024-7-16 02:19

What is your impression of Hong Kong? What expectations did I have when I went to this city?

The Cantonese with English in Hong Kong dramas, the unique streets and food, all seem to have been shrouded in mystery due to the need for entry and exit. Is it because it has lost its original flavor now, or I have too high expectations for it? Alas, I am used to blaming myself for the problem. Perhaps, it was also because of the cloudy days without rain that suppressed the charm of this city.

The reason for the failure was that I underestimated the walking distance of Hong Kong and was unclear about the purpose of the trip, the focus of the tour was biased, and I ignored many scenery because I was in a hurry. I didn't see any scenery that surprised me, and most importantly, I didn't eat any special snacks that surprised me. In Hong Kong, even snail noodles have sprung up. Where is my Hong Kong-style tea restaurant? I was very disappointed. Later I realized that I had found the wrong direction. I must make a good strategy next time! !

On the way, I still selectively ate some local food, including egg waffles and Japanese rice balls recommended by my friends, and a beef brisket noodle shop picked by my childhood friend. Overall, I found that Hong Kong food is a little heavier in taste, very salty and very sweet. I guess it has something to do with its historical development.

It's a rice ball with a good filling

And I was looking forward to McDonald's. I remember that McDonald's products in Hong Kong a long time ago were delicious and unique. This time, I ate a pancake that is not available in the mainland, and the other things are not much different. Even the fries are terrible! I went to McDonald's to eat a bag of it when I returned to the mainland. The strawberry-flavored milkshake is not the taste of my childhood memory.

Moreover, imported goods seem to have lost their tax-free competitiveness. In addition to the exchange rate difference, the price will be lower. Ordinary goods are really not much cheaper. Going to Hong Kong, including the tolls and food expenses, is almost the same as buying on Taobao, and Taobao also delivers to your door. As a result, my full desire to buy was poured cold water.

Others, it is not as Hong Kong-style as I imagined. Many commodity stores are also inland.

Although the sidewalks in Hong Kong are narrow and there are many traffic lights, I still want to praise the transportation. The flashing red taxi is the most Hong Kong-style symbol. In addition, I have to call the minibus to get off by myself. Because I don’t have enough change and I don’t have Octopus, I have to credit 1.4 Hong Kong dollars. Thank you uncle driver! The subway is noiseless when entering the station, which is really good! It’s so comfortable to sit. I dare not say other places, but the vibration of the Guangzhou Foshan subway is so strong that even the surrounding residents can feel it. Dingding car has no air conditioning, but it is also full of Hong Kong style.

Ding Ding car that always reaches the destination

It is so happy to take the ferry in the evening. The slowly moving ferry gently floats the layers of water waves, so softly. The sunset touches my face through the layers of dark clouds, so gentle. The right breeze, can time stop here? I really want to catch this beautiful moment.

Maybe I have gotten used to traveling alone, meeting different cities, and experiencing different things. Then don't let me down next time, Hong Kong.

Pages: [1]
View full version: What is your impression of Hong Kong? What expectations did I have when I went to this city?