Rose Ackerman Publish time 2024-7-21 23:55

Hyperbaric Oxygen Massage Salon - Relaxia for Travelers (Mercure Hotel Sapporo)

I have a very defensive body, so every time I go abroad and want to go to the sauna, the result is that my whole body becomes more and more tense and sore (because when the masseur massages, I will also follow the strength... the harder the masseur massages, the harder I follow...)

This time when I came to Sapporo, my friend recommended a very special hyperbaric oxygen relaxation massage salon - Relaxia, located on the 2nd floor of RECOLTE SAPPORO next to the Mercure Hotel Sapporo near Susukino Station in Sapporo City

When you enter Recolte Sapporo, you will see an escalator leading to the second floor, and there is a clear sign next to it saying Relaxia is on the 2nd floor!

In the middle, we passed the passageway connected to Mercure Hotel Sapporo. I heard that when Relaxia chose to settle down, it felt that the style of Mercure Hotel was very similar to the atmosphere that Relaxia wanted to convey. In addition, Mercure Hotel has a lot of travelers as guests, which is very consistent with the services provided by Relaxia!

As soon as I entered the store, I saw a cute masseuse (I later found out that she was the store manager!)

Then I saw two very special looking machines.

After asking, I found out that this is a recovery weapon that is very popular in foreign sports circles: hyperbaric oxygen capsule!

Hyperbaric oxygen was first used to treat diver's disease and carbon monoxide poisoning. It pressurizes oxygen into the blood to increase the blood's oxygen-carrying capacity. Later, hyperbaric oxygen was used in sports treatment. Its main effects are to relieve stress, restore physical strength, reduce edema, expel lactic acid, reduce muscle soreness, help sleep, etc. It is very helpful for recovery after exercise!

This long-standing recovery weapon was introduced to Japan ten years ago. There are 3 to 4 hyperbaric oxygen capsules in Sapporo, and Relaxia is one of them! In addition to the high-pressure oxygen capsule service, Relaxia also provides acupressure massage and essential oil massage services.

The lovely store manager brought us the menu and consultation form as soon as we entered.

Although the store manager doesn't speak English, my friend can speak Japanese (yeah~), and there is an English menu in the store. The store manager also specially recommended several combinations that are more suitable for travelers:

1. Body care 30mins

2. Body care 60mins

These two are the more familiar acupressure + foot bath. The choice is mainly based on the time available during the trip.

3. Aroma Oil treatment 60mins

Aroma oil massage takes more time and is more suitable for travelers who don't have a special schedule next. You can relax and enjoy it slowly. There are 12 kinds of essential oils to choose from in the store, and you can choose up to 3. You can also choose the "Monthly Limited" in the store. You need to change clothes before the massage, and the store will provide paper underwear for you to wear.

4. Facial treatment 40mins

Facial treatment will start with washing and removing makeup, then the masseur will start the massage, and the essence mask will be applied to the face at the end of the massage. It is very suitable for girls who are tired after a day of shopping to come here for a facial spa~

5. Reflexology 45mins

It is a foot massage.

The above items can be combined with "hyperbaric oxygen capsule 30 minutes", and the trial 60mins combination feels very cost-effective! Only JPY 5,500 can experience the hyperbaric oxygen capsule and acupressure massage, which is very suitable for travelers who want to relax after a full day of travel!

It is important to note that if you have brain or skin diseases, asthma, or high blood pressure, please inform the store in advance!

In addition, to avoid danger.

‧ Massage and hyperbaric oxygen capsule services are declined for pregnant mothers.

‧ Heart disease patients can use the hyperbaric oxygen capsule but decline the massage service.

If there are any areas of the body that you don't want to be touched, you can also fill in the consultation form to let the masseur know~

Without further ado, since you have chosen Trail 60mins, start with the hyperbaric oxygen capsule experience!

Actually, I have a little claustrophobia, and I was a little nervous when I was about to enter, but after entering, I found that the space is actually quite large. Basically, I won’t touch the capsule even if I lie down. The masseur also said that many foreigners will read books, use their mobile phones or sleep in it, but you should pay special attention to not bringing flammable things (such as lighters) or bottles, because the pressure in the cabin will start to change, and there is a risk of explosion (shaking)

After the cabin door is closed, there will be a very clean smell around you, which will immediately relax your body, start to breathe slowly, and close your eyes unconsciously... Then you will start to have tinnitus (deng leng)

Because the masseur is slowly adjusting the pressure in the cabin, don't panic at this time, just swallow your saliva slowly and adjust the pressure balance in your ears~ If you are still very nervous, you can always press the phone ring in the cabin to contact the outside!

After adjustment, set the time (30 minutes), the masseur will spread towels outside the cabin for the guests to have a good rest (of course, it is also okay if you don’t want to). At this time, you can start to enter your own world and have a good rest!

After 30 minutes, the masseur will slowly adjust the pressure in the cabin. You will feel that the air around you is becoming less dense. Continue breathing slowly and adjusting the balance in your ears to allow your body to slowly adapt to the change in pressure. Then you can change clothes and go into the massage room.

The room is elegantly decorated, private and quiet. As soon as I entered the room, I could smell a faint fragrance, which made me feel more relaxed after just finishing the high-pressure oxygen capsule.

Change of clothes has been placed on the massage bed, and there is also a shower room in the room for guests to wash off the essential oil after the essential oil massage (but we only had acupressure today)

There is also a small closet next to the table where you can hang your clothes and place your bags. After changing, you can pick up the phone on the table and call the front desk, and the masseur will come in! First, start with washing your feet!

The last part is the shoulder and neck massage. After the massage, the masseur will give you a menu to choose the tea you want to drink.

When I was about to check out, I found a magical O2 water at the counter. The store manager said that many customers would buy it and drink it. It is said that as long as you drop one or two drops into water (or juice or tea, but not drinks containing citric acid, because it will not be effective), you will feel refreshed after drinking it! (But 100ml costs JPY 12,960, which is quite expensive!)

There are also 30ml small packages available here, which are very suitable for buying as gifts~ You can also take a look!

Because Japan pays great attention to etiquette between men and women, most female customers do not like male masseurs, so Relaxia employs professional female masseurs (a total of 8), most of whom have attended specialized beauty schools or have relevant experience. Those without experience will also learn with experienced masseurs at the beginning. The store manager said that Relaxia pays great attention to the experience of the five senses (eyes, ears, mouth, nose, and heart), and hopes that customers who come here for massage can be healed by the environment and service here.

After a series of massages, I can better understand the feeling that the store manager said. The atmosphere in the store, the color and style of the decoration, and the service of the masseur can give travelers a lot of energy during their busy journey~

Relaxia massage and stress relief are by appointment. You can directly enter the following website to make an appointment for the Relaxia Sapporo store:

Relaxia currently has only three branches in Japan, located in Roppongi, Ginza and Sapporo. The great thing is that it is open from 11:00 am to 4:00 am the next morning (Roppongi is open from 10 am to 5 am the next morning), which is really suitable for relaxing after a full day of travel! Recommended to everyone who comes to Hokkaido!

Pages: [1]
View full version: Hyperbaric Oxygen Massage Salon - Relaxia for Travelers (Mercure Hotel Sapporo)