Jesse Matilda Publish time 2024-5-20 02:45

Cebu, Philippines Cebu red light district nightlife guide, meet girls online

I love Cebu, both the island and the city. I could write a book about all the amazing things you can do here, from tanning on deserted white sand beaches to swimming with whale sharks.
But that's not what you want to know, is it?
What you want to know are places where you can party and if you are a guy, where you can meet hot local girls.

The good news is that Cebu City is one of the best places in the world for singles and probably the second best place in the Philippines after Manila.

Because it is the richest province in the country, it attracts thousands of young Filipinos studying or working, especially in one of the many call centers near IT Park. Since they are away from their families, these girls enjoy a certain degree of freedom and you will meet many of them every day in bars and clubs.

Even though Cebu City is a tourist hub, the number of foreigners is still very small compared to Manila or any major city in Thailand. The most visible community is made up of Korean students learning English, followed by the usual backpackers, teachers, executives and pensioners. To be fair, a lot of the guys I meet don't seem to do anything except chase girls all day long.

Nightlife in Cebu is pretty simple and you only need a few nights to get familiar with the best venues. The major nightclubs are almost all located in downtown Cebu, with a few also found in suburban towns such as Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue.

The main nightlife areas are Fuente Osmena Circle (Mango Square) and Mango Avenue (another name for General Maxilom Avenue). It's a lower-middle-class hangout area with a dozen bars and clubs lined up next to each other. It's your first time in Cebu and you'll probably find everything you need. It can get a little seedy at night, but with maids and freelance prostitutes chasing clients into the early morning hours.

As you head east of Fuente Circle, from Alaya Mall to Mandaue City, there are more expensive venues such as IT Park, Cyberpark, and City Time Square. There are more upper class Filipinos here including the most gorgeous girls.

There are other party areas, such as Colon, the local red light district. The latter doesn't have a very good reputation at night so I recommend staying awake.

Meet girls in Cebu

While there is widespread prostitution (and sex tourism) in Cebu, you also have hundreds of normal girls you can date fairly easily. Girls in clubs usually come with friends and may not always be receptive if you try to approach them. For this reason, I recommend you to go to dating sites and apps for girls.

Tinder works great and you get a lot of matches. I personally don't find the app very convenient to use because I hate typing on my smartphone. Instead, I prefer Filipino Cupid. It's free, but you should probably update to their premium version ($25 a month with the option to cancel anytime). It's the most popular dating site in the country, with thousands of girls online at any one time.

Picking up artists often employs a "pipeline" strategy. In the months leading up to the actual arrival, they would contact as many girls as they could on various dating sites. They slowly built up a familiarity with them through regular messaging and Skyping. Once in Cebu, they finally met the girl. By that time, she's usually ready to take the relationship further (oddly forgetting that the guy is leaving in a few days).

Best hotels near Cebu Nightlife

If you have never been to Cebu before, you may be wondering what the best places to stay near the nightlife are.

I recommend choosing a hotel between Fuente Osmena Circle/Mango Square (the center of nightlife) and Alaya Mall (more expensive area). By doing this you will be one kilometer away from most of the clubs listed below, but also from the city's best shopping malls, events and restaurants.

The following hotels are best for parties:

Budget (under $30 per night): S Hotel & Apartments, ABC Hotel, Pillow Hotel, Red Planet
3 stars (50$): Cuarto Hotel
4 stars (70$): Harolds Hotel
5 Stars (120$): Cebu City Marriott Hotel

J. AVE Super Club (formerly Juliana)

J. Ave is the most famous nightclub among foreigners in Cebu City. It is located in Mango Plaza, next to Ultra (see below). It was once a top spot for tourists and locals alike, but it has lost its glory over the past few years. You now have a lot of people (including 50% Korean) and 80% prostitutes (many of whom are totally interested in Koreans).

The club has only one large dance floor and is always packed. If you don't reserve a table, you may be pushed away. The music is commercial (nightclub and EDM).

Not stylish, but a fun place to end the night. It's pretty cheap too (beer is PHP 75, entrance is PHP 100).

Liv Super Club

Liv Super Club is an upscale nightclub located 15 minutes away from Mango Avenue shopping mall City Times Square. It has a small dance floor but lots of tables/couches and is designed to attract groups ordering bottles of alcohol. The proper way to enjoy Liv's is to reserve a couch in advance, take a few girls (why not invite one from FilipinoCupid.com?), buy as many bottles as you want, get drunk, and call it a day on Avenue J. If you live alone in Liv, you may not feel comfortable and you may have difficulty ordering a drink. At the very least, you should try to find a seat near the central bar area where you can more easily meet people. There are many gorgeous Pinay girls

at Liv, but they don't flirt that easily. Generally, they are other people's guests and they don't want to talk to strangers. Compared with the bars in Mango Plaza, freelance prostitutes are also more cautious.

The music is commercial EDM. About once every two months they have a more famous international DJ. Admission is Php 300 on weekends but free during the week. Open until 4 a.m. Wednesday to Saturday evenings. Only 10% or less are foreigners.

More information about the event:
Instagram: Liv Super Club Cebu
Facebook: Liv Super Club

There is also a branch in Cagayan De Oro: Liv CDO

Sentral - Hip Hop Bars and Clubs

I'm not usually into hip hop, trap and Rn'B but I had a great time at Sentral. It opened last August (2016) as a small New York style bar/club with different themed hip hop nights every day. Still quiet on weekdays, but full on Fridays and Saturdays. Many fashionable girls who like to dance. The bar setting also makes it easy to talk to them. There are very few foreigners. Free admission.

The only problem is the location which is about 20 minutes from Mango Avenue (at Norkis Cyberpark).

Alchology Club

Opened in 2012, Alchology is one of my favorite Mango Plaza clubs, firstly because it's cheap and secondly because you have the right mix of Filipinos and foreigners. It has two seating areas and a large dance floor where you can easily meet girls. The crowd consists mainly of young people. Music is commercial (EDM, Top 40).

Facebook: Alchology

Club hype

A basic, unpretentious nightclub located in Mango Plaza. Busy on weekend nights, but not as much as nearby J Ave or Alchology. commercial music.

Club icon

Club Icon is located in the heart of Cebu but is a bit isolated from the rest of the nightlife. It is only a few hundred meters away from Qingshan Hotel. It used to be called Roof Hyper Club but was renamed Icon last summer (2016).

Most of the customers are Filipinos and other Koreans. It looks like a high end place but the prices are quite affordable compared to Liv. There were a lot of hot girls, Pinay and Korean, but as usual in this kind of club it was hard to talk.

It's open until 6am every day of the week, with Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays being the busiest. The music changes daily depending on the DJ, but most people can expect your usual trap or EDM songs. Entrance fee is PHP100.

Club Holic&Mixx

Located on the second floor of Mango Plaza, this nightclub is open every night and is popular with young Filipinos because of its cheap prices (a beer in the Philippines costs 75 euros). There are no foreigners except a few lost souls. It's a friendly place: customers come here to dance, not show off their money.

There is no admission fee on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. One free drink for the remaining 100PHP per week. They have a ladies night on Wednesdays. Depending on the night, the music is EDM or Hip Hop. You can view the schedule on the Facebook page below.

Super club

Ultra Hotel is adjacent to Avenue J at Mango Plaza. Even on weekends, it's small and less crowded. Since entrance is free, you can always check to see if there's anything you like.

Lotus club

Lotus is a little out of the way in Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan Island, but it might be interesting for those who want to experience another area of Cebu. You can get there from Mango Avenue by taxi in about 30 minutes.

It consists of one main room, which isn't really modern except for a large, flashy LCD monitor. The crowd and concept are similar to Liv Super Club: lots of Koreans, Japanese and Filipinos, some working girls and some casual westerners. Their DJ will play commercial dance music.

Facebook: Club Lotus Mactan

Club bai

Club Bai is a local lounge/restaurant/bar/club with outdoor terrace located at General Mango on General Maxilom Street. During the week, it's a laid-back place where friends come to hang out and talk (Bai means "partners"). On the weekends it gets even more funky as they have DJs playing EDM, trap, hip hop and Rn'B. Prices are standard for the area: a keg of local beer costs PHP280.

The Distillery

The Distillery is a pub located in the heart of Cross Parks life, close to IT Park. It is part of the Makati, Bonifacio Global City and Quezon City branches.

This is a great place to have a few drinks after dinner. The music is generally good, the girls are pretty, and there's a good selection of imported beers. On weekends, don't go too late as it packs up very quickly. Happy hour is from 6pm to 10pm and all cocktails are PHP75.

Facebook:TheDistillery.Cebu

Morality and Malice

Morality and Malice is a new lounge and at the time of writing this is probably the most complex in Cebu (yes, I admit that's not the impression given by the photo above). They serve delicious cocktails and food from 4pm to 2am (3am on weekends). Gay friendly, these are the most beautiful girls you will see in Cebu.

Expat bar

Several expat bars/sports bars located near Mango Avenue are great places to mingle with expats, listen to live bands, watch sporting events, swimming pools, flirt with waitresses, and enjoy decent bar food. You can try this order: Howling Dog (update 2017: changed location to Juena Osmena Street), All Star Sports Bar and Marshall's Irish Pub. Alaya Mall also has a few other bars, such as The Social and Gilligan's. Japanese or Korean Karaoke

To be honest, I haven't been to any of them, but I couldn't resist the temptation to post some photos from several famous karaokes.

Many Japanese/Korean KTVs are located on AS Fortuna Street in Mandaue City. They follow a similar concept: there are private karaoke rooms, and a main lounge with 10-20 beautiful Filipinos in sexy outfits dancing or singing. To stay in the lounge, you pay a fixed price and you can enjoy as many drinks as you want for a certain period of time. For example, in Komachi, the all-you-can-drink buffet costs PHP600 per hour. You can ask a girl to accompany you and she will charge a commission for the drinks you buy for her + (ladies drinks are usually a bit more expensive, around Php 200 per drink). These girls are not necessarily whores, but some may be willing to do more than just sing if you pay them the right amount.

Here are some photos of karaoke girls in Cebu:

Pages: [1]
View full version: Cebu, Philippines Cebu red light district nightlife guide, meet girls online