Angelo Commons Publish time 2024-8-19 02:13

Sinkhole, Awesome and Purple. A guide to nightclubs and bars in Seoul

I went clubbing in Seoul for two consecutive days on the weekend and returned to the hotel at 4 am every day. I went to Hongdae/Gangnam/Itaewon. Hongdae is the most recommended, it has the most people and is the most fun, and there are a lot of people on Saturdays and Sundays.

- Sinkhole: Free admission, the music is a bit old, but there are a lot of people (relatively more foreigners)
- Awesome: I agreed with the solicitor at the door that I could enter for free, and there were always a lot of people queuing up, and the music was good
- Awesome Red: You have to order alcohol to enter, but you can get free admission if someone brings it in. When we went there, it was already very late and the DJ had gone off work

- Purple: Free admission, only Asian faces are allowed in, and the music is very good. There are so many people but the location is a bit difficult to find (the googlemap location is wrong, we asked for a long time before we found it)

Gangnam:

Jack Club: 20,000 won tickets, divided into hippop and ordinary, hippop is not open, it’s super boring downstairs, there are few people and the songs are bad, the ticket comes with a glass of wine, basically no alcohol, all Red Bull, it’s not worth it! Because the nightclubs in Gangnam are scattered, we were afraid of making mistakes again, so we went directly to Itaewon.

Itaewon (Sunday):

There is a bar street. Because it is Sunday, there are very few people, and there are many foreigners who are having fun. But I went to Itaewon on Saturday before, and it was actually very lively. Many bars also offer free tickets.

To summarize:

The nightclubs in Hongdae are the most dense and fun, with a lot of young people. The songs are also very exciting, and most of them are free. If there are solicitors at the door, you can negotiate for free tickets, and they will agree. You can go to each bar early to queue up for your arm stamp, otherwise the fun bars will have a long queue of about 20 or 30 minutes after 1 o'clock. The bars in Gangnam are very scattered, and you have to buy tickets to enter, which is easy to make mistakes. Not recommended. There are too few people in Itaewon on Sundays, so it is recommended to go on Saturdays, and many bars also offer free tickets.

This time, I was in a hurry, and it was a pity that I didn't go to several nightclubs in Apgujeong. I heard that you can meet celebrities. I go to bed at 5 am every day recently, and I have to go back to catch up on sleep. I will come back next time.

Pages: [1]
View full version: Sinkhole, Awesome and Purple. A guide to nightclubs and bars in Seoul