Sandy Michael Publish time 2024-9-15 14:27

Railway Cafe Street, Long Bien Railway Station and Hanoi Old Quarter. 9 must-see attractions in Hanoi

I like the messy Hanoi much more than Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. I have been to Vietnam three times, three times to Ho Chi Minh City and twice to Hanoi. I have traveled from south to north, and I still firmly like Hanoi much more than Ho Chi Minh City. Most of the things you can play in Ho Chi Minh City can be replaced in China, but many other countries you can't find replacements for things you play in Hanoi. If you come to Hanoi for the first time, it is recommended to arrange a trip of at least three days and two nights.

✅About entry and exit
I have not encountered any tipping in Vietnam three times. When I left the country, I encountered a tipping in Nha Trang and I refused it seriously. I also urge everyone not to tip. Although the money is not much, it is unfair to treat differently. If you want to save money, it is recommended to apply for an electronic visa by yourself, and exchange it for another paper visa after landing for 25 dollars.

✅9 points not to miss in Hanoi

1. Railway Coffee Street
This is my favorite place in Hanoi. The train will pass by me less than 20 centimeters away. If you go in during the day, you will be asked to spend money in the coffee shop. A cup of coffee costs 40K (this price is normal and acceptable). No one will stop you at night. Recommended coffee shops here: Railway Cafe Tuan, it has the best location.

2. Long Bien Railway Station
This is a suburban station built by the French. Next to it is the Long Bien Bridge, which is known as the "Eiffel Tower" of the railway. It has been more than 100 years old and is still in use. Serein Cafe & Lounge is not recommended. The price is 3-4 times that of ordinary coffee shops and the cost performance is extremely low. There is not much difference between the balcony and the station.

3. St. Joseph Cathedral
4. Turtle Tower at Hoan Kiem Lake
5. President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum/Temple of Literature/Thang Long Imperial Citadel (optional)
6. Tokyo Gijuku Square (next to the cafe is good)
8. Hanoi Old Town (accommodation is recommended in this area or nearby)
9. Pub Street (search this to find it)

✅ Recommend 6 coffee shops and restaurants

1. Quán Ăn Ngon (Vietnamese restaurant is recommended to make an appointment in advance as there are many people)
2. Kem Trứng Bà Khanh
3. Plateau Coffee (Hanoi Guansheng Store)/Vietnamese version of Starbucks chain, this store is the best and most comfortable by the West Lake
4. Tiệm Mỳ Hùng Ký (tile barbecue street, open only at night)
5. Café Aguri (next to the Temple of Literature, good coffee)
6. Phuc Long Coffee & Tea

Pages: [1]
View full version: Railway Cafe Street, Long Bien Railway Station and Hanoi Old Quarter. 9 must-see attractions in Hanoi