Byron Clement Publish time 2024-5-24 22:27

Traveling on a budget for 5 days and 4 nights, South Korea is really more interesting than imagined

Maybe it’s because I’ve watched too many Korean dramas and Korean variety shows, but I haven’t had much enthusiasm for Korea.
Because of a 600 yuan direct flight ticket to Seoul, I decided to break the boring stereotype and come to South Korea alone to experience it for myself. 5 days and 4 nights including flights and wine all-inclusive cost less than 3,500 yuan and 200 US dollars, so I declare: South Korea is really It's more interesting than expected

Hike up Namsan Mountain for a panoramic view of Seoul, and watch a romantic sunset on the hillside behind Itaewon.
Experience the cinematic seascape in Busan, and the little prince stories from fairy tales everywhere. Koreans are so good at creating a sense of atmosphere. Even an ordinary street will have a special Korean filter. When the weather is sunny, you want to eat ramen by the Han River. When it snows, you want a fried chicken. Pair with beer

5 days and 4 nights Seoul + Busan route
D1: Arrive in Seoul in the morning-Dongdaemun-Green Road-Han River-Hongdae
D2: Myeongdong-Manga Street-Namsan Tower-Itaewon-Hongdae
D3: Gyeongbokgung Palace-Gwanghwamun-Samcheongdong-KTX to Busan-Gamcheon Culture Village-Jagalchi Market
D4: Cheongsapo-capsule train to Mipo-Haeundae-Oryukdo Island
D5: Return to Busan Airport in the morning

Recommended routes for daily themed roaming in Korea
Hiking in Seoul: Myeongdong—Manga Street—Namsan Tower—Itaewon
Seoul Cultural Street Sweeping: Gyeongbokgung Palace - Gwanghwamun - Samcheongdong - Bukwu Hanok Village
Busan sea view stroll: Haeundae-Gwangalli-Igido Park-Oryukdo Island

According to the current consumption situation in South Korea, hotel accommodation prices in South Korea are generally higher, especially in Seoul hotels on weekends.

Accommodation: So if you are on a tight budget, you can choose to stay in a youth hostel like me. A bed will cost about US$20 a night. In popular business districts such as Myeongdong and Hongdae, prices for hotels and restaurants will be relatively high.

Eating: Korean restaurants are also more expensive, but what is more friendly is that they have many delicacies for one person, such as various soups and rice, the price is about 10,000 won, barbecue, fried chicken, etc., the average price per person is about 30,000 won. The barbecue set meal for two is also suitable for one person.

Transportation: You can directly swipe your T-money card on subways and buses in South Korea. A single ride in the city is basically around 1,500 won, which is not cheap. If you are not in a hurry to go to the city from Incheon Airport, it is recommended to take the ordinary subway that stops at every station. Compared with Arex, which goes directly to Seoul Station, it is half the price but only less than 20 minutes slower.

Payment method: It is very convenient if you have a visa card. Except for some small vendors, almost all purchases can be made by credit card, so you don’t need to prepare too much cash. I exchanged 100,000 won, and finally only used 30,000 won to recharge the transportation card. The rest was paid with a visa card. If you don’t have a visa card, you can consider bringing RMB to the local place to exchange for Korean won or withdrawing Korean won from an ATM. There are also cards like wowpass. Such stored-value cards and transportation cards can be purchased and used

Pages: [1]
View full version: Traveling on a budget for 5 days and 4 nights, South Korea is really more interesting than imagined