Geoffrey Bertie Publish time 2024-5-25 21:47

Vung Tau, a small town in Vietnam, a coastal city 110 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City

I took a flight to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, in early March. It was only a six-day trip. I communicated with friends who had been to Vietnam before. My friend said: Although there are many people in Nha Trang, Mui Ne, and Dalat, going to Vietnam is still a good idea. I want to go there, after all, the scenery there is really beautiful. (I bought a round-trip ticket from Guangzhou in mid-February. I can only say that it is really cheap to book the ticket in advance. The round-trip cost is less than 500 yuan. Although it is a low-cost airline and a red-eye flight, I believe that as long as I get on the plane Now, when you see so many people with you, you won’t be afraid of anything. Low-cost airlines try to save the most on everything, but they don’t save the most on safety.)

I met someone on the plane. I went to Vietnam for business and chatted with him. He asked me about my itinerary. I really didn’t have any plans. My thought before going to Ho Chi Minh City was: Just stay in Ho Chi Minh City for six days. It’s a good time. Experience local life. When he saw that I had no plans, he said, you can go to Vung Tau, which is very close to Ho Chi Minh. The scenery there is good and there are few people. It costs two Days are enough.

Coincidentally, the owner of the youth hostel where I stayed in Ho Chi Minh is from Vung Tau. He enthusiastically introduced his hometown to me (although the language was not very fluent), so that I didn’t have to worry about how to get there by bus. place. In the morning when I set off to take a bus, he took me to the station on a motorcycle (actually it was not a station at all, just a few privately operated commercial vehicles).

We set off from the hostel, I really like this pink helmet

I live near Pham Ngu Lao Street, and it took about ten minutes to ride a motorcycle to the station. After arriving at the station, buy a ticket. There are luxury and regular cars to choose from. The luxury car seems to be about 40 yuan, so I didn’t ask about the price of the regular car. When you arrive in Vung Tau, tell the driver exactly where you want to go, and the driver will send you to your desired destination.

Another: This T-shirt was bought at the Ben Thanh Night Market in Ho Chi Minh City. The quality and workmanship are very good, and the color has not faded even after washing. The T-shirt says Ho Chi Minh City, which is a practical souvenir item.

On the way to Vung Tau, the driver would stop at a station halfway, so I got off the car and took a look. It is a small market with many snacks to choose from.

When you enter Vung Tau, the houses and shops probably look like this.

In the car, I saw a man lying leisurely in a hammock, guarding his home and shop, accompanied by a puppy. It was really leisurely. And simple life.

I saw a church while passing by. I didn’t expect that I could capture it so well in a car. Unfortunately, I don’t remember exactly where it was, and I didn’t go there afterwards.

Church

Accidentally discovered seafood shop

Because I didn’t see the map clearly, I I was a little disappointed that the accommodation I booked (actually it was a person's home) was not on the beach, but I also unexpectedly discovered a fresh and cheap seafood food stall. It was around here, I can't remember the exact name or exact location. After I arrived at the accommodation, I walked to the beach and saw a light box next to the store. It said that oysters cost 1 yuan each (well, this is my personal translation. It is actually a picture of oysters with 3,000 written next to it. Convert (It costs less than 1 yuan per RMB), I was surprised, and I wanted to eat there tonight.

On this street

Bill

The first night I went there, my phone was out of battery and I couldn't translate, so I couldn't communicate with the waiter. I was afraid I wouldn't like what I ordered, so I ordered oysters, boiled shellfish, and the beer they recommended. When I went there the next night, they already recognized me, communicated with them using a mobile phone translator, and ordered various different things. Overall, it's good. Maybe it's because I personally like steamed food. I find the roasted food salty and sweet, which I don't like very much. Oysters and blood clams are recommended. (I feel like when I eat so much food by myself, I just want to eat well and don’t even want to take pictures. Sorry, I don’t have a single photo of the dishes)
When I returned to my residence after eating and drinking, the hostess hugged me. While the baby was breastfeeding, the host told me what was going on, then took out a transparent lunch box for me, opened it and there was a huge lobster inside, and said he would give it to me. I said I had eaten a lot and couldn't eat anymore, so I asked them to keep it for themselves. But I was really touched because it was already very late when I went back, and I was a little scared for my safety when I checked in, fearing that they were bad people. It feels like there are still many good people!

Vung Tau Houtan Square

On the first day after arriving in Vung Tau, after settling in, I went out in the afternoon. It looked like I was the only one wearing a hat and holding an umbrella, but it was really sunny.
Following Google, I found a tribute tea shop on the way to Houtan Square in Vung Tau and bought a cup of tea. The taste is generally not as good as in China. You can see the flagpole standing in the square from a distance, accompanied by the sound of waves and sea breeze.

Vung Tau Houtan Square

Few tourist photos

You can go down from both sides of the square, the sea, here I come! ! ! The sand on the beach is fine and soft, which is very comfortable on your feet. There is no garbage on the beach and it is well maintained.

The people on the beach are all locals. They are all playing together in a very ordinary afternoon, and the scene is very enjoyable.

I (crouching) originally wanted to take a picture of this little boy, but after he found me, he suddenly ran over, picked up the drink in my hand and took a sip. Judging from his expression, he must have been sour! (Hahaha, I bought kumquat and lemon)

Those who are ready to go to sea

Shamelessly let Someone took some photos for me

Walking along the coastline to watch the sunset

Personally, I think it is from Vung Tau Houtan Square to the southwest Walking in the direction, that is, Thùy Vân Road and then turning to Hạ Long Road, is a good route to watch the sunset, and the time is just right for me.

Coastline Map

There are many good restaurants and hotels on Hạ Long Road, and the seaside is on the left. Some people are running, some are fishing, and some couples are dating. Most of the residences on the right are villas, and there are many temples built on the hills, too many to count.

Vietnam was a French colony before, and Vung Tau played an important port role during the French colonial era. Hotels and restaurants built on the seaside may have a more French style. Regarding the sunset I saw, I can only say that what I saw with my eyes was much more beautiful than the photos. The meaning of photos to me is more that they can evoke my merriories and feeling at that time...

French style

Jesus Mountain

is far away You can see the statue of Jesus towering on the mountain. He opens his arms facing the sea, as if to accept everything. It was closed when I passed by it on the first day. When I went there in the afternoon the next day, I saw the sign saying it closed at 5:30, but I couldn't remember clearly.

Jesus Statue

This is a hill. It takes about twenty minutes to climb up. You can climb up the stairs and overlook the sea and the city. When you reach the mountainside, there will be a pavilion for people to rest, and sometimes there will be a statue about Christianity on one side of the steps.

This looks like a lake, quiet and blue. I personally like this photo. Every time I open the album and see this photo, my mood becomes brighter and brighter.

Before climbing to the top of the mountain, there is a long flight of steps with rose-red plants on both sides and in the middle. The bougainvillea is beautiful against the blue innocence. But it doesn’t look very good when taking pictures, so I don’t have a picture. After detouring around the statue of Christ, there is a small entrance. You can climb up to reach the two sides of Jesus' open arms. Before entering, you need to take off your shoes and put some sundries aside. Sleeveless and shorts are not allowed inside. Climb up the spiral staircase. The stairs are very narrow and can be easily passed by one person. If you meet another person going downstairs, you have to turn sideways very carefully. Looking out from the window on the side of the stairs, the view suddenly becomes clear.

Narrow stairs

Finally came to both sides of Jesus’ arms, arms It is about one meter wide, and nails are driven into one side, presumably to prevent climbing. The sound of the wind is in my ears, bringing bursts of coolness to the hot weather. Viewed from this perspective, the small island in the sea is really not worth mentioning. I think if it is truly viewed from the perspective of God, everything in the world is really just a drop in the ocean.

I took pictures of this island while walking along the coastline

Hard-working Fisherman

While walking along the coastline, he found an abandoned house that had collapsed. , there are fishermen standing on the nearby rocks preparing their fishing nets to go into the sea for fishing. My curiosity arose, and when I was shopping on the first night, I wanted to go to the reef to have a look (I even saw someone taking photos there on the first night).

Reefs on the sea

I saw them when I was on the shore. When I walked in, I saw that the fishermen were sorting the fishing nets. After sorting them, , he pulled the fishing net silently towards the sea. When he finally stood on a rock in the sea, the waves roared in and headed towards the fishermen without any hindrance, and he could only stand firmly on the only rock on which he could rely. . His companion stood where he was, following the fisherman closely. I think the scene I saw might just be an ordinary fishermen going fishing in the sea in an afternoon. Full of affection.

Fishermen are arranging their fishing nets

Fishermen go to the sea

Fishermen stand in the sea On the rocks

His companions looked in his direction

Self-Happiness for Half an Hour

Walking through some The reef, this is where I want to climb. From this angle, it looks very small. I guess I can step on it, but when I walked in, I saw that it was much taller than me. And after climbing up, I was not disappointed.

View from the small house

I saw someone fishing on the left

I really like this scenery. I walked around this small place many times with an umbrella, and I was determined to leave some for myself. a photograph. I carefully studied how to take selfies from a distance, and then found a suitable place and angle to place my phone. It was really not easy. I didn’t hold an umbrella for a while, and I felt like I was drying out in the sun. When I returned, I found that my skin was also tanned.

Put your phone away, put it into selfie mode, and then keep shouting "take a photo" and "take a photo". I really feel a little embarrassed. Why did I shout? Because I didn’t know it at first, so I said “take a photo” in a pretentious way, but when I saw it, there wasn’t even a single photo. I'm really going to faint. In the end, I still left a few personal photos.

On the day I left, I originally planned to get up early in the morning to watch the sunrise. I was just too lazy and a little tired, so I just left it alone, which is a regret of mine. I will go to Vietnam again, hoping to see more different and beautiful things.

Pages: [1]
View full version: Vung Tau, a small town in Vietnam, a coastal city 110 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City