Teresa Acheson Publish time 2024-5-13 06:50

13 days of free travel in Indonesia to experience local halal food and rural life

The flight was delayed due to heavy rain, and it was already late to arrive in Jakarta. When crossing the border, the border inspector asked some questions: What are you doing here, how long will you stay, what is your occupation, and where do you live? Seeing that I only booked a hotel for one day, I asked why I only had one day and wanted to see other hotels. I replied that I didn’t know where I was going, so I didn’t book. He let it go directly.

When I was transiting in Fuzhou that day, I booked a hotel, which is located near the airport, Chilia Jakarta Airport Hotel. 100 a night, and it also has a swimming pool, which is relatively good.

After collecting your checked baggage, exit the terminal. Immediately, a taxi came up to greet me. The black car was not a regular taxi, it was just a black car. He was very enthusiastic to help me carry my luggage. After explaining the location, the other party quoted me 360,000 and had to pay immediately. It was only five or six kilometers away. Isn't this robbery? Dragging my luggage a little further, there were many taxis, and the price was finally reduced to 120. It rained heavily all the way, and the driver parked the car on the side of the road several times and asked for an increase in fare. I was more determined and would never increase the fare. I couldn't stop it. Because of the heavy rain, the car took a detour through the shanty town, which was full of potholes. After arriving at the hotel, I gave him 200,000. I saw that he had no intention of changing the money for a long time. No, I asked him for change.

Let’s take a short rest, change into cooler clothes, and go out to find food. The donkey meat we brought back home is too unpalatable, and we can’t bear to throw it away, which is bad luck. After looking around, there was nothing to eat, and there was no fruit either. It was all dark and dark. I was about to go back when I stumbled upon a small shop. I went in and saw instant noodles and eggs, so I ate this. The taste was okay. I ate two packs of instant noodles and four eggs in total, which cost 35,000.

I woke up in the morning and didn’t know where to go. My two friends were arriving the next day. It was too far to come back, and it was too close for them to come and play again. After hesitation, I decided to go to the west of Java Island to see Krakatoa volcano. After making the decision, first find a barber shop to get a haircut. You have to have a good hair style when you go out to take photos of hair ties, right? Then I started looking for a barber shop. The traffic volume during the morning rush hour was a bit heavy, and there were so many and fast motorcycles that it was a bit nervous to cross the road. I walked around the shantytown opposite the hotel, but I couldn't find a barber shop. Instead, I encountered many cats, thin and dirty, with their tails cut off. I also came across a small community supermarket

I happened to meet a young man and asked him how to get to Krakatoa. He told me to take the 04 bus to the bus station and then take the bus.

Store some of your things in the hotel and then set off, walking a while first. I passed by a durian seller, a fruit seller, and a small three-wheeler, so I took a few pictures before talking. I didn’t dare to buy it because I had never eaten it.

We got on the 04 bus. It was a small bus with two benches inside and the door was not closed all the way. This was a bus. There's a bit of a traffic jam on the road, so I walk very slowly

The bus is still open all the way, and there are some artists along the way, accompanying them with ukuleles and guitars, and singing, and some of them are pretty good.

After the bus arrived at Kaduperasi, four or five people suddenly got on the bus and surrounded me. I was a little nervous. It took me a long time to find out that they were motorcycle drivers. If you want to take a motorcycle to Carita Beach, they charge 200,000 for the ride. They tried to trick me again. Let me have a meal first and take a breather. After eating, I felt refreshed and started bargaining, and finally the deal was made for 70,000.

Then the little brother sent me to Carita Beach. He was dishonest and sent me directly to a hotel. It seemed like a one-stop service. I wanted to go to the beach, OK? After arriving at the beach, a group of people came over and surrounded me. Krakatoa volcano, chartering a boat for 4,000,000, asked me to take a break. I gave 100,000 to the motorcycle guy and I didn’t give any change. Could you please be more conscious? Four or five people surrounded me and started haggling consciously. They wanted me to settle down and pay immediately. You guys shouldn't be so impatient to rip off customers. I want to be fooled, so you have to live up to your expectations. It should be possible to cut down from 4,000,000 to 2,000,000. It’s not interesting for me to do it alone, so I won’t cut it down. The weather is nice, I want to watch the sunset, haha

This is the first time I have seen such a beautiful sunset at sea. I have seen it before, but the weather was not so good. gorgeous

After slowly enjoying the sunset and listening to the pastel reflections, it really suited the scene. Next to me, there were a dozen Chinese young people with their families having a barbecue on the beach. I asked them if they were going to the volcano and we could form a group together. They said they were just here for a camping trip and would go back soon. They live in Bandung. I asked Can they give me a lift? I was refused. There are too many people and there is no room. Okay. Pick up my flashlight and catch a crab. There are relatively few people on this beach and there are so many crabs. It’s not easy to catch one and pose for a photo and then make a sound.

Suddenly I want to walk aimlessly and just leave. From time to time, motorcycles, motorcycles and black buses would come up to me and ask me where I was going, but I would always refuse them. Some would also honk their horns to scare me when they passed me. The fucking road is getting darker and darker as we go, and everyone is getting darker and darker as we go, so hurry up and hold the flashlight in your hand to be safer.

It was too dark after walking for a while, and I was afraid of ghosts. What if something came out and wanted to eat me? No, I had to find a way to find a place to spend the night. There happened to be a police station. God helped me, so I stayed here tonight. After I entered, I said I wanted to live here. There were four police officers trying to shirk each other. One said the other was the supervisor, but I didn’t care, I wanted to live here. It's up to you to shirk it. A policeman wanted to check my luggage, so I took out my sleeping bag, raincoat and the like and showed it to him. Of course, I didn’t take out the money. Otherwise, with so much money, it wouldn’t make sense to go to the police station without staying in a hotel. The policeman was really nice. He just let me stay overnight, found a place for me to live, and gave me instant noodles and water. It was really nice.

I couldn't sleep well at night, it was hot with the door closed, cold if I left it open, and there were mosquitoes. There are four geckos on the roof. One is hiding far away, one is concentrating on eating bugs, and two are having sex, and they can actually make a sound. Can you two bastards consider me? At four or five in the morning, my brother started praying. He is a Muslim and very pious. They offered to take me to the station after dawn, but I declined. It would be nice to take a walk.

Pages: [1]
View full version: 13 days of free travel in Indonesia to experience local halal food and rural life