Molly Price Publish time 2024-6-5 15:22

[Recommended Bangkok Attractions] A Leisurely Vacation for an Artistic Girl

When it comes to Bangkok, it is nothing more than the golden temples, bustling markets and bizarre nightlife that come to mind. It seems that there is no place for young artists to stay!

Should young artists skip Bangkok and go to Chiang Mai and the sea to find peace?

Actually, it is not the case. I like to disguise myself as a young artist from time to time and visit those places in Bangkok that are full of artistic atmosphere or strong cultural background. Although those are not popular scenic spots, they often bring me a sense of super satisfaction and comfort, and also allow me to discover another fresh face of Bangkok.

Okay, stop talking nonsense, the following is my summary of the most suitable places for young artists to go:

1. National Museum

The largest museum in Southeast Asian countries. Built in 1782, it is the site of the royal palace of Rama I of the Bangkok Dynasty. The museum displays precious unearthed cultural relics and carefully preserved royal supplies, allowing you to fully experience the cultural charm of Thailand.
Unlike the bustling streets and alleys of Bangkok, there is no noise in the museum, but it is shrouded in a quiet and somewhat solemn atmosphere, which makes people calm down and immerse themselves in it in an instant.

Tips: The opening hours of this museum are only from 9:00 to 16:00 on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so friends who come on weekends will miss it~

“Here, you feel like you are in a time and space tunnel, witnessing it with your own eyes It tells the historical changes of Thailand.”

2. National Gallery

Across the road from the National Museum (Chao Fa Road) is the National Gallery of Thailand. So I visited both places at once.

Here are traditional and modern artworks created by Thai artists from the 17th century to the present. Thai art has its own characteristics. It not only inherits its own unique national style, but also is influenced by Western Impressionism, so the works are usually brightly colored, bold and novel.

“Escape the crowds and enjoy the time alone with art.”

3. Bangkok Art and Culture Center

This is an art center full of freshness and fashion! From the graffiti-covered walls to the young artists sitting on the floor and painting, every corner is full of young artistic atmosphere!
Here you can not only appreciate the wonderful works of art, but also visit various creative shops. Especially the famous Icedea ice cream shop, it is really wonderful~!

Tips: Please note that you cannot take photos in the exhibition halls on the 7th to 9th floors, and you cannot use flash or tripod to take photos in other exhibition halls. No food is allowed in all exhibition halls.

“Trend! Creativity! Passion! This is the artistic character of contemporary Bangkok!

4. Chulalongkorn University

Chulalongkorn University is the oldest and most prestigious university in Thailand. Because Chulalongkorn University is right next to MBK Shopping Center, some tourists would like to come and see the glory of Thailand's first university.

The Chulalongkorn campus is shaded by trees and retains many historical buildings, which can definitely leave a lot of beautiful photos. There are also open library centers, science centers and art centers on campus, which you may want to visit. In addition, the canteens and cafeterias on campus have very authentic and cheap Thai food, which you can buy with cash.

But these are not the main points, the real point is! This is a concentration camp for tall, rich and handsome men and beautiful women in Thailand, and it is also the cradle of various stars!

5. Suan Pakkard Palace

Some people translate this as Cabbage Garden Palace. Although it is a palace, it is completely opposite to the bright style of the Grand Palace. Suan Pakkard Palace is a low-key, quiet, pastoral beauty.

This was originally the home of the royal family. Now there is no royal family living here, but it still retains and collects a large number of royal supplies and classical artworks, becoming a city of classical art.

Looking at those antique things and seeing the small tables and chairs used by the little princes and princesses in the past, it feels like a time travel~

6. Bangkok Sculpture Center

This is a place that is not widely known. It is actually a private collection center that gathers a large number of excellent contemporary sculptures. It is rare to have the opportunity to appreciate so many 3D art at one time. This time is a great experience! But if you are a friend who likes sculpture art, you must not miss this place~

It is also worth mentioning that the owner said that the reason why he made his collection public was because he was full of confidence and hope in Thai art.

Pages: [1]
View full version: [Recommended Bangkok Attractions] A Leisurely Vacation for an Artistic Girl