Horace Frederick Publish time 2024-6-6 23:47

A guide for Chinese people traveling to Taiwan. Hotels, food and local politicians

Since I have relatives in Taipei and I traveled there casually, I don't have any particularly detailed guides, so I'll just talk about some of the places I visited. If you have other questions, you can leave me a message, and I will answer them if I know the answer.

Taiwan Pass: Take your ID card to the Exit and Entry Administration Office where your household registration is located, and then you just go in and follow the process. There will be almost no problems. After a while, go home, and about a week, you can receive your Taiwan Pass. ps: I encountered an abnormal problem, that is, he said that my appearance is different from that on my ID card, and it doesn't match, so I have to take a new photo of my ID card = =. But this has nothing to do with Taiwan, I guess this is the case with everything = =.

Taiwan Entry Permit: The Taiwan Entry Permit must be handled through an institution such as a travel agency, and you can't do it yourself, so what you have to do is find an institution to help you. You can search for one on Taobao, but I recommend this platform, http://www.go2tw.cn/ Taiwan Free Travel. He will help you get the insurance you need, and also give you a 4G WIFI sharing device, and then you can visit this website on your mobile phone and submit the materials, because on the web page you must prepare all the materials and upload them in a package. The first time you get a lot of materials, you may be confused, but on the mobile phone, there will be step-by-step prompts, you just need to follow his prompts and take photos of the materials with your mobile phone and upload them.

However, there are some things that need to be prepared in advance, such as proof of financial resources and emergency contact information, which need to be processed or printed in advance.

Another must-have is a or . Both of these can be ordered online or directly at the airport. I think it would be more convenient to go directly to the airport, because if you make a reservation, you may have to find their service point for the things you ordered. You can buy them directly after you get off the plane, and there is no difference in price.

WIFI sharer: When you apply for an entry permit on a free trip to Taiwan, you will get a WIFI sharer, but there is only one.

Phone card: Then I was afraid that I couldn’t make calls, so I booked two phone cards. Later, I was sad to find that my phone automatically connected to the signal of Taiwan Mobile when I arrived in Taiwan. If I just want to make a few calls and contact others, there is no need to apply for a phone card. It is recommended that everyone check whether their mobile phone number can be used directly in Taiwan before going.

Because it was during the Chinese New Year, I bought a transfer ticket, which was 1700 yuan round trip. I left in the evening, slept in Quanzhou, Fujian, and flew again the next day. If you have a limited budget during peak hours, you can choose this option, but it is not recommended, because even if you leave in the evening the day before, you will always be worried about leaving today, and it will still be uneasy all day. P.S.: Many airlines have transit accommodation services, you can contact them first.

I stayed at my aunt's house in Taipei half of the time, and stayed in homestays in Taichung and Jiufen for the rest of the time, all of which were booked on airbnb. You can also look at Dayu Self-Guided Tour, which is a travel accommodation platform specializing in Southeast Asia. Some coupons will be given for the first registration. Because I booked late, the places I wanted to stay were all booked, so I didn't use them.

Go to a convenience store or station to buy an EasyCard, which can be used in many places in Taiwan, including the MRT, bus, train (not the high-speed rail), and convenience stores. It is a Taiwanese version of Alipay.

By the way, a high-energy Taipei MRT map is attached. With it, you can basically go anywhere you want to go in Taipei.

▲▲ Taipei

Taipei 101: Nothing to see, queued for hours, and after going up, it was the same as any other high-rise building, and there was no particularly good scenery. There were only fireworks on certain special days, but there was no need to go up to see them.

Taipei National Palace Museum: If you want to see it properly, half a day is not enough, but you can also take a quick look. I don’t know why, but I feel very tired walking around inside. I felt very tired after visiting two museums. It may have something to do with the fact that there are too many people inside and the air is not good. It is worth a visit. I like the jade and porcelain museums the most. They are so beautiful that I can’t walk!

These are the emperor’s hat beads

Beitou Hot Spring: Since I was supposed to go to Hualien but it rained and I couldn’t go, I had extra time to go to Beitou Hot Spring. It turned out to be really worth it! A Taiwanese introduced me to come here to enjoy the Sichuan soup. The public soup costs NT$200. If you want to eat, you can choose to eat for NT$400 and get a bath coupon. There is a hot spring, a cold spring, a hot spring, a spa facility similar to a waterfall, and bathing facilities. The outside of Chuan Tang looks quite bourgeois, but Dazhong Tang is a bit old at first glance, and there is a lot of water inside. Most of them are middle-aged people, but they feel very comfortable after taking a dip! Because the hot spring is below the ground and surrounded by woods, it feels very good! This is the most comfortable hot spring I have ever soaked in (probably because of the cold spring)!

For dinner, NT$400 actually doesn’t amount to much. I only ordered a bowl of clam tofu soup and a portion of fried rice with shredded pork. The taste was quite good and the portion was huge. I couldn’t finish it by myself. It should be suitable. If you come as a family, you can order many dishes. But they charge a 10% service charge for eating here (rolling eyes). I obviously ordered 420, but they charged me 460 (rolling eyes).

Private soup is 800 for two people, including 800 dining coupons. In fact, the price is the same as the public soup, but it is limited to 40 minutes. It is definitely not enough for an enthusiast like me. I soaked for about 2 hours.

My Sichuan soup

420 NT dollars meal, huge Servings

Baoquan real product: Taichung famous snacks, including pineapple cakes, sun cakes, etc. The local pineapple cakes have a very special taste and the filling is sour. It's sweet and sour, and the skin on the outside is creamy and fragrant. You can try it, but this store is available in Taichung, Taipei, and the airport, so you can just drop by and buy it. You don't have to buy it specially.

Jia De Pastry: In a time-honored pastry shop in Taipei, the taste is not bad, but the day I went there was the first day it opened after the New Year, so I entered the store. I took pictures of the store for a long time, but some things didn’t need to be made fresh. Their specialties are the pineapple cake with cranberry flavor, and their favorite nougat cake!

▲▲ Taichung

Tunghai University: A university with a nice scenery. I wouldn’t go there if I didn’t have more time, but there are A small dairy shop that produces dairy products made from the milk of its own cows. It is very fresh and tastes very mellow. Nothing else is special. But the milk tastes so good hahahaha

Miyahara Ophthalmology: This is simply one of the most recommended places during my trip to Taiwan. It is actually a place that sells Taiwanese souvenirs, plus there are The more famous ice cream. But what they do is very stylish! The waiters were all beautifully dressed, wearing Chinese cheongsam. They all looked like ladies from the Republic of China period. They also smiled when meeting everyone and had a great service attitude. I only bought a few small things, and they kept introducing them to me. . And the packaging of the things inside is very beautiful, some are made into CDs, some are made into books, and they have all kinds of literary and artistic atmosphere + wealth.

Support Alipay payment

Fengjia Night Market: A very large night market with many snacks that should satisfy anyone People have the desire to eat and eat. Recommend what I have eaten.

Black tea stinky tofu, not smelly, but very delicious, most recommended

Golden right leg, delicious but too big for me to finish , I heard that there is still a left leg

The large intestine wraps the small intestine, and I can’t eat it

▲▲ Taichung City>Nantou County

Cingjing Farm: I was quite disappointed. I imagined there would be a lot of sheep, soft and cute, but in fact there were only about 10 sheep in total, and they were quite dirty because I went there in winter. , the lawn is also bare and feels so desolate.

You can buy a round-trip ticket (round-trip bus + Qingqing Grassland ticket + shuttle bus ticket) at Taichung High Speed ​​Rail Station for NT$600. This is the most cost-effective way I have seen. Leave early and one day is enough for a round trip.

Package

We set off at around 8 o'clock in the morning, and then had lunch at 7-11 there at noon. I have to say, the lunch there was really delicious. . . . My mother and I had curry rice and kimchi vermicelli pot. They were both really delicious, so delicious that I wanted to take a few boxes back. . . .

Lunch

Then there is the Cardboard Kingdom and the Swiss Garden down there, both of which are not interesting. The Swiss Garden costs more, and you need to take a shuttle bus to Qingqing Grassland. We were at that time At noon, the shuttle bus took a break, so we shamelessly stopped a passing car and asked them to take us to the entrance of Qingqing Grassland. Then, I saw a small hillside with a few bleating sheep on the hillside. There was also a small market at the bottom of the hillside, which sold some hot stir-fries, snacks, and fruits. It had a very local flavor, so you can try it.

Important reminder: Never buy goat milk products from hillsides! ! ! ! I bought a bottle of goat milk to try, it smells like goat! It felt like I was kissing a smelly sheep, and I felt like vomiting after just one sip =. =

I am a fool and a fairly clean sheep Bie Mea

The scenery is pretty good, but what I want is the sheep Bie Mea. ah! It’s not the kind of mountain scenery that can be found everywhere!

▲▲ Jiufen

Jiufen can be said to be the place I most want to visit during my trip to Taiwan! Because the Chinese part of a Korean drama "On Air" that I loved when I was a kid was filmed there. At that time, I thought wow, this place is so beautiful. I like it so much. I must go there. At that time, the scene where the hero and heroine walked around the winding mountain road at night and walked towards each other under the flickering lanterns has always stayed in my mind. That kind of beauty is not the dreamy beauty of the sea of ​​flowers in Provence, but a very distant and real beauty.

Then I watched "Spirited Away". I also really liked this imaginative cartoon. Every scene was so gorgeous and special. It is said that "Spirited Away" The scene inspiration for "Xun" also comes from Jiufen, and I really want to see what the real Jiufen is like.

Pictures found online, imaginary night scene

Jiufen is really interesting. First of all, Jiufen has a lot of delicious food, including various kinds of taro balls (actually they all taste the same, but I can’t get enough of them), crispy salted chicken, various kinds of meatballs, and my favorite beef gizzards. Pie hahaha, just look at the picture.

Grandma Lai’s taro balls are better than ordinary taro balls

Fish balls that have been interviewed by many Taiwanese variety shows

It is said that little S’s favorite pig blood cake is so delicious!

Old friend taro balls

Fried drumstick mushrooms, good

Peanut ice cream roll, not delicious. Because the peanuts are peanut candy, not peanuts, they are too sweet, and the ice cream is too cold

Although it rained when I went there, I didn’t see the most beautiful night view, so I just walked around the old street and ate, and then tried my best to After searching for an hour how to get to the observation deck, we finally returned to the B&B. But when I walked around during the day, I felt that Jiufen was more like a scene in "My Neighbor Totoro" because there are many paths in it that you can walk through. You have no idea what kind of new world you will enter after passing through this hole. . Then I discovered that the observation deck I had been looking for for an hour the night before was right at the top of the old street. You can see it by just walking along the old street. The scenery there is indeed beautiful, and the night view should be even more beautiful.

The long pictures I took are beautiful

The lunch boxes on the Taipei High Speed ​​Rail are pretty good, costing NT$100. They include meat and vegetables, and they taste much better than those on the Mainland High Speed ​​Rail.

Taiwan’s convenience stores have a lot of delicious food to explore

I also participated in the Ningbo Association in Taipei. Taiwanese politicians are very interesting, and they are very similar to those from mainland China. It was different. I would personally visit my fellow villagers, tell some wisecracks, and hand out red envelopes, which gave me, a person who is not interested in politics, new experience and enthusiasm.

Current Chairman of the Chinese Kuomintang Hong Xiuzhu

My biggest feeling when I went to Taiwan this time was that Taiwan may not be so advanced in terms of economy and technology, but the quality of their people is very high. Including one's own taste in life and attitude towards others. Anyway, it’s worth a visit~
Pages: [1]
View full version: A guide for Chinese people traveling to Taiwan. Hotels, food and local politicians