Dean Carpenter Publish time 2024-6-9 21:05

Fried chicken, oyster noodles, stinky tofu. Taiwanese street food and marinated delicacies

I like traveling and food. Recently, I have been focusing on food in Taiwan and so on. I have written some articles for everyone to share~

You must not know that besides the dog-beating stick method, Beggars Gang , and "Beggars Braised Meat"

In Taiwan, I think the most popular food stalls are braised food stalls, followed by salted crispy chicken, oyster noodles, stinky tofu, etc. But don’t underestimate the stalls that are not stores but stalls. The stalls are also on a chain scale, such as Yi Tong Tian Xia, Beggar’s Gang, Jian Yi, Shangying House, Sangu Thatched Cottage, Malatang, etc., all of which are famous on the island. Of course, some are just Regionally. Among the above-mentioned chain braised food stalls, except Shangying Dawwu, which sells cold braised food, the rest all serve hot braised food. I like eating braised food very much, and what H&S would like to introduce to you today is Dazhi’s “Beggars Braised Food”.

Because I eat a lot of salt, I won’t comment on other braised food stalls, but I have eaten them all. Personally, I think "Beggars Braised Meat" is the best that I have ever eaten, and it is also very popular with everyone. favorite. But I would like to correct one idea for you, that is, there are many chain brand stores, and you will find that only one or two are particularly delicious, not all of them are delicious. The reason is simple. Many chains are franchisees. Just like the God of Food said: cooking is just a matter of heart. Have you put your mind on your career and correct your own attitude? If you just follow the same example, then of course the taste will be the same as that of other stores. Therefore, among the chain braised food stalls mentioned above in Taiwan, many franchisees have already collapsed. They were mushrooming at the beginning. A lot of heads popped up, and then the stalls were closed one after another after joining.

The "Gai Gang Braised Meat" introduced today is also very little left. Why is this restaurant in Dazhi still as stable as a mountain? That is because the boss is working hard, so it is still crowded. reduce. He didn't mean that there was a long queue, but there were always customers coming to the door, and my relatives also particularly loved eating "Beggars Braised Meat". In that alley alone, there were five braised mei stalls in just 200 meters. It shows how big the competition is.

This introduction is relatively simple. Everyone knows that the ingredients sold at braised food stalls are similar, mainly in the preparation of the marinade and the freshness of the ingredients. Many of the newly franchised chain stores have specially added their unique secrets, so everyone buys the same brand from that store. The secret of success is not that you join a big brand, but how much thought you put into seasoning and ingredients to satisfy customers and make their taste buds addicted. Then you will be successful. I have eaten braised food from other places, and the ingredients were too heavy and the ingredients were discolored. Just like I like to order shrimp balls, almost all chain braised shrimp balls turn into soy sauce-colored shrimp balls after the charcoal braise is cooked. Later I was surprised why "Gai Clan Braised Meat" doesn't?

If you like spicy food, the connoisseurs of Beggar’s Bang’s hot sauce will tell you that it is a unique recipe that they prepare themselves. It's both fragrant and moderately spicy. I asked the boss if he would sell it, but he said he didn't have enough for his own use. How could he have time to sell it to others? But he added, you can also tell that my hot sauce is unique. It is said that the preparation process of his hot sauce is complicated and not made casually. Because of this, I think it is no wonder that his braised sauce is so delicious. I have really eaten at too many braised food stalls. Some of them said that there was more marinade and I was reluctant to do so. It’s not that I’m caring, but the marinade is one of the secrets of the braised food stall. But I just said that I eat salty food. A little, so can there be more marinade? In Taiwan, everyone is basically willing to give it. After all, a basin of marinade is worth just one spoonful. I won’t say which restaurant it is, but at least I know that brand and sells many stalls. Because the ingredients sold at the braised food stalls are all the same, I think everyone knows very well that "Beggars Braised Meat" is run by a middle-aged couple. They are very enthusiastic. Although the boss occasionally frowns, it is because he is busy. When he is blanched, smoke will rise upwards, so at first glance he may seem serious, but in fact both of them are very talkative.

Finally, I would like to emphasize our focus again at H&S. Whether it is dedicated to reporting on daily necessities, food, clothing, housing and transportation, everyone's preferences must be very different. As for the stores we write and introduce, we base our reviews on universal values. That is, the more popular stores or vendors are those that can stand the test and have one of the highest ratings. But more importantly, we all tasted it and praised it full of praise. There are as many people writing about food in Taiwan as there are people crossing the river. Many of them go with friends, so they order a lot of dishes at once, but some of the dishes are basically bland. What I hate the most is the gene sequence reporting. It seems like I order each one and then say it’s delicious.

There are people in Taiwan who specialize in reporting on making money from food, which we call homework accompanying articles. This is one of my least favorite reporting methods. To me, it’s just nonsense. If you really want to find a restaurant that sells everything on the menu that’s delicious, it’s not impossible. It’s just insignificant. To put it bluntly, the world of Din Tai Fung He is famous, but is he really delicious in everything? ? There are two possibilities. One is like the karma-matching article I mentioned, and everything is said to be good. One is that he has never eaten anything better, or he is polite and does not want to offend the store, so he describes it in a calm and polite way. When I was writing about coffee shops in the early days, I felt that they were not on the list. Even if I went to shop there, I would not put them on the list. When asked to post it, I also made some negative comments or comments that could be improved based on my own opinions. After all, I am a consumer, and I also hope that the store will be better and better, so that I can have more delicious food to enjoy.

The only thing I don’t think is right about the "Gai Clan Braised Meat" introduced today is that in principle it is closed on Wednesdays, but maybe due to personal reasons, sometimes it is open on Wednesdays, and on Tuesdays or Four did not. Although it doesn't happen often, I asked the boss a few times when I met him. I felt that he didn't say much in his heart. He just told me that he could call me and ask before coming. It was obvious that he was hiding something. "Beggars Braised Meat" is about a 15-minute walk from the MRT station, which is acceptable to me. It is also good for my health as a workout. As mentioned in the previous article, "MAVEN Zhiyu Cafe" is also nearby, and a little further away is Neihu, a famous "Miramar Department Store", and the largest Ferris wheel in Taiwan, which is perfect for enjoying and enjoying together.

Business hours: Monday to Sunday AM:16:30~PM23:30
(Closed every Wednesday)
Address: No. 1-1, Lane 595, Beian Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City
Pages: [1]
View full version: Fried chicken, oyster noodles, stinky tofu. Taiwanese street food and marinated delicacies