Return to list Post a new post

[Attractions]

St. Augustine Church, the ruling center established by Spanish colonists in the Philippines

221 0
Post time 2024-7-25 21:33 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Located in the heart of downtown Manila, Royal City was built in the 16th century and is the ruling center established by Spanish colonists in the Philippines. The most famous of these is the Cathedral of St. Augustine. This is the oldest stone church in the Philippines. Having experienced wars and fires, the Cathedral of St. Augustine is the only survivor in Royal City during World War II. Connected to it is the Museum of St. Augustine. I was not interested in its inconspicuous entrance, but in order to kill time, I spent 250 pesos to go in, only to find out that there is a different world inside.

It turns out that behind this small glass door is a huge square building. Like walking into Hogwarts, the stone brick walls are covered with mysterious oil paintings, the dim and distant corridors are full of statue floats, the yellow lights are flashing with the afterglow of magic, the towering dome is a condensation of sacred power, and the huge stone steps seem to lead to another world. Behind the small arch on the second floor is a "secret room" where you can overlook the entire church, and a huge organ and ancient music scores are placed, which looks like the place where the choir is located. I stayed here for a long time, like a Muggle who had just entered school. Everything around me was filled with the power of mysterious magic, and I was curious and excited.

Masses, weddings and funerals are often held in St. Augustine's Church, so the surrounding area is very busy. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my wand this time, otherwise I could learn some new spells.

Manila/Luzon-St. Augustine Church, the ruling center established by Spanish colonists in the Philippines
Manila/Luzon-St. Augustine Church, the ruling center established by Spanish colonists in the Philippines

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-7 16:23 GMT-8 Processed in 0.136877 second(s), 33 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list