Return to list Post a new post

[Attractions]

Intramuros, the old town of Manila, a beautiful and dangerous place

215 0
Post time 2024-6-3 03:49:59 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

One Sunday afternoon, I went to Intramuros alone. I happened to catch the Immaculate Conception parade on the first Sunday of December. The entire Philippine Catholic Church came to the Manila Cathedral for a parade. Then, in such a peaceful and pious place, my bag was ripped open, my wallet was stolen, my ID card, passport, money and credit card were stolen. I went through complicated procedures to get a replacement document. Such a dangerous place is so beautiful and full of historical heritage during the day. I mustered up the courage to go to Intramuros with my parents who came to visit me. This time, because it was daytime and there were many people, we went sightseeing smoothly.

You can consider walking from the Manila Cathedral along Luna St to Casa Manila. There are very beautiful Spanish courtyard buildings here, and there are also delicious Spanish dishes at Barabra’s heritage restaurant. The food is cheap and good, and the band sings "Sweet Honey", "The Moon Represents My Heart", and "Love Is Not Helpless" for you to listen to.

You can continue to go out to the St. Augustine Cathedral. There are local weddings one after another every weekend. You can also consider taking a horse-drawn carriage or tuktuk for sightseeing here, but we prefer to measure a city with our feet. Finally, you can consider going to Fort Santiago to see the appearance of the defensive fortress destroyed by war, earthquake and typhoon. There is a cellar in the fortress during World War II, where 600 corpses of Japanese soldiers were buried. As soon as I entered, I was frightened by the yin energy and the suffocating oppression at that time, and then I didn’t dare to go deeper.

You must pay attention to safety in the ancient Spanish city. Don’t stay there after dark, don’t bring important documents such as passports, just bring some cash and one or two credit cards, and put them in your pocket. Don't bring expensive bags and jewelry, and carry your schoolbag in front. In fact, as a Chinese face, it is easy to be targeted. I will continue to share with you posts about wallets being stolen in the Philippines and how to deal with them. If you are interested in any topic, please leave a message to tell me, what else do you want to know?

Manila/Luzon-Intramuros, the old town of Manila, a beautiful and dangerous place
Manila/Luzon-Intramuros, the old town of Manila, a beautiful and dangerous place

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright © 2001-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-1 19:15 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.163056 second(s), 27 queries .