Nigel Church Publish time 2024-5-12 18:25

No one wants to travel to Jakarta, right? Poverty and wealth are separated by a wall.

When I returned to China at the end of the winter vacation, I had no choice but to go to Jakarta because I didn’t have a suitable ticket.
Most of the inertial evaluations of this city come from the Internet: a super city with a population of 30 million, terrible traffic, dirty and messy, poverty and wealth are separated by a wall, speeders touch their mobile phones, and there are even stinky original underwear sold in packages... Just It feels like, well, I can practice here before going to India.
At the same time, Jakarta is also the fastest sinking city on earth. It will become a contemporary "Atlantis" in 2050. Just because of this name, let's go shopping. To sum up: it is more interesting than imagined, but not much.

Picture ①: Kuningan City
The parking lot on the sixth floor at Gate 1 is currently the best spot for auction houses in Jakarta, perfectly reflecting the characteristics of this city.

Picture ②: Jakarta History Museum
It is a Dutch heritage building in 1707. Most of the exhibits in the museum are from the 17th to 19th centuries. The area is small and the content is relatively hard-core. Many students will come to visit and they are very enthusiastic. Ah, to be healed by their smiles.

Picture ③: Kuningan City
Rotating parking lot.

Picture 4: Jakarta Cathedral
Gothic cathedral in 1891, the third largest Catholic church in the world.

Picture 5: Istiklal Mosque
I went there on Friday to pray and didn’t go inside. The window grilles are all made of stainless steel and are unique.

Picture ⑥: Cafe Batavia
A century-old coffee shop, opposite the history museum, the food is average, you must go to the toilet, you know.

Picture ⑦: Gaya Spa Wellness Wolter Monginsidi
The Mashaji restaurant most recommended by domestic bloggers, you can visit it together as a couple. It cost about 900rmb for two people, and the technique was good. I was pushed to sleep. After pressing the button, meals will be included on the second floor.

Picture ⑧: Bundaran HI
The bus station has the best seats. There is no subway in Jakarta, so it mainly relies on buses.

Picture 9: Pasar Barang Antik
Surabaya Antique Street has a lot of strange things.

Picture ⑩: Giyanti Coffee Roastery
The coffee shop across the antique street, ranked ninth on the Asian Coffee Top50 list, the only one in Jakarta. I think the coffee is okay, and I think it tastes better.

Picture ⑪: HW Phoenix Bar PIK
Don’t go to other seaside beaches in Jakarta, it feels like the 1980s. PIK 2 near the airport is not bad. It is known as Little Bali and is relatively trendy. At this phoenix, you can eat, drink, listen to music, and recommend cocktails 🍸.

Picture ⑫: Twelve Chinese Dining Restaurant
The 12 zodiac themed restaurant, the decoration is very flashy, the Chinese food tastes good, Australia comes back to save the Chinese stomach.
Pages: [1]
View full version: No one wants to travel to Jakarta, right? Poverty and wealth are separated by a wall.