Return to list Post a new post

[Attractions]

Explore the origins of Intramuros and admire the ancient architecture of Casa Manila

314 0
Post time 2024-7-25 21:38 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

After many transfers in Manila, I finally entered the city of Manila. I went to Pasay/Intramuros/BGC in one go. I felt very safe, but it is better to be cautious. It is recommended to only take Grab and roadside taxis when Traveling, and only go to crowded places. Important Tips: Traffic jams in Manila are a big problem, and the itinerary needs to be planned‼ ️

Conrad Manila

Located in Pasay, it is very close to the airport and the distance to Intramuros is acceptable. The hotel is connected to Mall of Asia, which is convenient for eating, drinking and shopping. In the evening, you can enjoy the sunset view of Manila Bay directly from the hotel room (P18)

Intramuros

Intramuros is the oldest district in Manila. The Spanish landed in the Philippines here in 1571 and established the city of Manila.

Casa Manila P1-4

Casa Manila was originally the residence of the upper class in the Philippines in the 19th century. It is the most worthwhile place to visit in Intramuros. The courtyard is very chill and photogenic, with coffee shops and restaurants. The museum in Casa Manila restores the living environment of the owner at that time. It is quite interesting. You can feel the local culture that combines Chinese and Spanish styles.

St. Augustine Cathedral P5-6

One of the world cultural heritage sites in the Philippines, it was completed in 1607 and is the oldest building in the Philippines. There is a small museum in the church, but it was during the lunch break when I went there, so I missed it. Walking from the church to Fort Santiago, you will pass by the World War II Memorial P7.

Fort Santiago P8-9

The original site was a fortress built by the Spanish, and it has survived many wars. It used to be a fortress and a prison. Now the city wall and artillery are in ruins. Now it is more like a leisure park.

Rizal Park P10-11

It is a little far from Wangcheng District. I took a taxi from Pasay to Wangcheng District and took a look. There is nothing special about the park. It mainly commemorates the Philippine independence hero-Rizal.

🍽️Eat and drink

➡️ Barbara's P12-13

An atmospheric restaurant hidden in Casa Manila, offering a buffet with Filipino and Spanish flavors at noon, with band performances, and you can order Chinese songs with tips😂, but the taste is just average.

➡️ Manila Hotel P14

You can also go to the Manila Hotel built in 1912 for lunch or coffee.

➡️EMILIA P15

A fine Filipino restaurant, not too far from Wangcheng District (ignoring traffic jams), close to the Presidential Palace. I found that Filipino food is delicious, highly recommended!

➡️Ilustrado P16

A Spanish restaurant that combines local flavors, located in Wangcheng District, tastes good, and the wine is delicious!

➡️Yardstick coffee

Once shortlisted in the top 50 in Asia, the taste is normal, but there are a lot of people.

Manila/Luzon-Explore the origins of Intramuros and admire the ancient architecture of Casa Manila
Manila/Luzon-Explore the origins of Intramuros and admire the ancient architecture of Casa Manila

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-10-17 19:59 GMT-8 Processed in 0.146564 second(s), 39 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list