Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Philippines | When you go to Dumaguete, don’t miss this small but beautiful place

333 0
Post time 2024-5-19 23:54 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

If you meet someone you can talk to, just play together. Traveling is that simple.

Cebu-Philippines | When you go to Dumaguete, don’t miss this small but beautiful place

Do you like the sea?Because I was too lazy, I read some guides sporadically before setting off, and only determined the approximate places to go and the time required. In fact, the only things you must bring are your passport, money, and cards. You can buy other things after you arrive, such as sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent, etc.

Now at this moment, I want to introduce one of my favorite places in the Philippines.

You can chase dolphins and have a beautiful sunset, everyone may not like it. This place is located north of Dumaguete, about an hour or two's drive away. It's called Manjuyod
Cebu-Philippines | When you go to Dumaguete, don’t miss this small but beautiful place

Going south is Dumaguete

It was an accident that I went here. I stayed in Dumaguete for three nights. The original plan was to go to Siquijor Island the next day, but I met a few new friends at the youth hostel the night before, three Filipinos, and another Chinese girl.

We got chatting well, so we made an appointment to have dinner together and chose a restaurant by the sea. Then we started discussing where to go tomorrow. It wasn’t appropriate to go to Tin Island in one day, so I chose to go with them to a place I didn’t know.

After waking up the next day, I had a leisurely breakfast. At ten o'clock, I returned to my residence to pick up the car, bag, and set off. I bought some food on the way. It was almost noon when I arrived. (Let me mention here, because I was on the boat all the time, I tried my best to buy delicious food and drinks at once.)

At first, I thought I was taking a boat to the island on the opposite side, but after the boat sailed for an hour, I felt like It's still far away from the other side. Later I found out that we were here to see dolphins! ! Looking at the boundless sea, I can't say any other words except praise.

What a cute dolphin

It was so hot at noon that even the dolphins hid. Fortunately, we still saw a small number of dolphins. Although we didn't see them spinning and jumping, we were still fascinated by their cute swimming postures because they were really cute.

When I was chasing dolphins but didn't see them, I searched around with my eyes and sighed to myself. However, for me, who had no expectations in advance, seeing dolphins was already a surprise! !

I wonder if we can see more dolphins if we go earlier.

Looking for a dream? Hold a long pole

If you stay on the boat and are constantly entangled with expectations and disappointments, you will also suffer from aesthetic fatigue. After watching the dolphins for a while, we sailed to the wooden house on the water. The water there is not deep, about 1.45 meters deep. The water quality is relatively clear, and the small fish in the water can be clearly seen with the naked eye.

The whole Philippines is about playing in the water. For me who can’t swim or dive, my favorite is the life jacket/life jacket! Whether you are swimming in the sea or diving, it is indispensable. If it’s not water-based, don’t worry about it so much and just wear it!

The sea water is so salty that it feels bitter, and it is inevitable to take a few mouthfuls of it. Fortunately, there are boats selling water here, so you can take a few sips to dilute the saltiness of the sea water. On the other hand, it is understandable why Filipino dishes are salty, especially soups.

Playing around the water wooden house is nothing more than swimming and diving, which is also a kind of fun. In the meantime, I saw many local people diving at the second house. I was eager to try it, and with their encouragement, I tried to jump a few times. It was great! A local aunt took me and jumped off the railing of the house. The collision between my body and the water caused a certain amount of pain, but I got better soon.

After the jump, a group of people praised me in the water, which was very embarrassing. The water was neither deep nor high, and I was wearing a life jacket. Just think, when you do something for the first time, it is a noble virtue to have someone cheer you on and praise you after you finish it!

I enjoyed it very much at the moment. Later, they gave me a glass of beer, and I felt comfortable after drinking it.

Still smoking in the sea

Dive here. You can jump from rocks, jump from the railings of wooden houses, and jump from boats. There are various types of diving. The more you try, the more you will discover new patterns and find the correct posture for falling into the water (which can reduce pain).

Then get on the boat to rest, wash your face with pure water, and then sit and wait for the sunset. After watching the sunset on the boat, in my opinion, the blue and pink sky is the most romantic.

Looking from a distance, it was almost time to sail back. With the sunset, I thank nature for its gifts and praise this place again. Therefore, if you go to Dumaguete, I recommend you go here. It is best to go with a partner. It is best to have someone to share transportation, photography, and fun.

The most beautiful thing is blue with pink

This is our ship photo by: Juan

There is a time to get together, a time to part, and a time to see each other again. Travel, encounters and partings are common topics, just enjoy every moment. People who are truly destined will naturally meet again, some relying on luck, some relying on hard work.

That is all~

My plan is no plan. I am the kind of person who watches while walking, and my plans can only be until tomorrow at most. But I still have a general direction in mind, and with a stable goal in mind, the process in the middle is relatively casual.

Some practical information for reference only:

1. Rent a car in Manjuyod for 2,200 pesos and charter a boat for 3,000 pesos.
2. Recommend a restaurant in Dumaguete: hukad (on the first floor of a shopping mall, you can search on Google Map for details); the cheese scallops are delicious, highly recommended, and the fried chicken is also delicious.
Actually, there is a good restaurant on the seaside in downtown Duma. I can’t remember the name. It’s probably right in front of the nun statue. You can sit and enjoy the sea view. It’s not bad.
3. There are two piers here. The Dumaguete pier goes to Tin Island, and the boat to Cebu is 1200P, which is slightly more expensive. You can go to Sibulan pier to Liloan pier, and then take a bus to Cebu City. area, very convenient and reliable. In addition, there is a departure tax at the terminal, but it is not expensive.
4. There are many mosquitoes, so bring mosquito repellent. By the way, I have brought a lot of drops, and people who have used them say they are good.
5. Regarding tipping, I think it can be given appropriately, 20 to 50P depending on the situation. Of course, no one will mind if you give 100P.
6. Regarding safety issues, as far as my personal experience is concerned, nothing that threatens safety has happened. However, whether it is safe or not is a relative concept. In short, safety comes first when going out, so I often wear a life jacketCebu-Philippines | When you go to Dumaguete, don’t miss this small but beautiful place
7. In fact, there is not much "strategy" information I have written down here. Many questions can be answered through the hotel front desk Got the answer, but feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Picture from the Internet

PS: This is only a small part of the Philippines itinerary, and the rest will be added later.

My total itinerary is 10 days, 1 day in Manila, 2 nights in Cebu, 1 night in Moebao, 4 nights in Dumaguete, and 2 nights in Tin Island; during this period, I also went to Oslob to watch whale sharks (really not recommended, except The veil of animal protection and humanitarianism is indeed meaningless)

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-19 08:11 GMT-8 Processed in 0.330176 second(s), 30 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list