Return to list Post a new post

[Food]

A comprehensive collection of Hong Kong restaurants, with a diverse food culture renowned around the world

682 0
Post time 2024-5-29 16:06 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Hong Kong is a veritable food capital, and its diverse food culture is world-renowned. Whether it is simple street food or high-end dining, Hong Kong will definitely give discerning diners a genuine high-scoring answer sheet.

Hong kong-A comprehensive collection of Hong Kong restaurants, with a diverse food culture renowned around the world
Hong kong-A comprehensive collection of Hong Kong restaurants, with a diverse food culture renowned around the world

So in my opinion, it is a great pity for a foodie to only eat Feijie braised food and Tsui Wah butter pig after a rare trip to Hong Kong. Looking at the food posts on everyone’s Hong Kong trip, it always feels like a food exhibition in a fourth-tier city in the mainland. I decided to post an article immediately to correct the name of Hong Kong, a paradise for diverse food!

In Hong Kong, you can find food from any country in the world. It is easy to taste super high-quality ingredients and cooking. Without further ado, let's go! Let's go eat something delicious right away!

【Caliente】Mexican cuisine

Colorful and spicy, Mexican food is just like the people of this country, passionate and energetic. One of the best Mexican food in the city is in Caliente. A mouthful of margaritas that will touch your heart, a bite of crispy and delicious nachos, isn't that the right way to start the happy hour after get off work?

Whether it is street food or restaurant dinner; whether it is a family gathering or a party with friends. Mexican food always finds its place, which can satisfy your taste buds and your stomach. When you see tacos, you always have no idea which flavor to choose. At Caliente, you can choose a combo combination and try them all at once.

Crab meat and avocado salad, with plenty of crab meat and real ingredients.

Fried squid rings, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

I highly recommend the Quesadilla Burrito. The Quesadilla here is indeed the best quality I have ever had in the city. It is perfect whether paired with salsa or guacamole!

How can we forget the classic, beef and cheese nachos!

And the margarita cocktail will keep you energetic throughout the meal.

After a good meal, let's have a portion of Spanish dessert, churros, also known as churros (mainly popular in southern Europe and Latin America). Isn't it because of the good luck of the name that everyone should have one?

Address: 3/F, 6 Knutsford Terrace, Tsim Sha Tsui

【Ho Lee Fook】Creative Chinese cuisine

Hou Lee Fook is definitely the best Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong in the eyes of Westerners, not only because of its funky pronunciation, but also because its food and atmosphere perfectly reproduce any Chinese restaurant in Chinatown. It is a good fortune and auspicious, which is the Chinese meaning of Hou Lee Fook, and the Cantonese pronunciation is Hou Lee Fook, which is a homophonic to Holy Fuck.

Kou Li Fu is a typical Chinese restaurant in the memory of foreigners. The menu must have Sichuan flavor, roast duck, fried rice... The mahjong at the door seems to announce to passers-by in the most straightforward way: Hey, I am a Chinese restaurant! The restaurant chef is from Taiwan, and Kou Li Fu's creative Chinese dishes are created by him. Unique, bold and heavy, this is my evaluation of the food here. Although I am one of the few Asian faces in this restaurant, I also like the taste of the food and dining experience here very much.

Here are some dishes that I always order. First is the red oil dumplings! Maybe wontons are too difficult for foreigners to understand, so the main character of this dish has become Dumpling.

The cauliflower fried with XO sauce tastes a bit like dry-pot organic cauliflower.

Minced meat lettuce wraps. The flavor is very different from Thai style, the minced meat here is more like Sichuan cuisine.

Roast goose! The roast goose at Kou Li Fu is the best roast goose I have ever eaten in Hong Kong! Very very very delicious! Juicy and plump!

Fujian fried rice. This is also the best Fujian fried rice I have ever eaten in Hong Kong, better than any big restaurant.

Of course, when it comes to Chinese restaurants in Chinatown, we can’t forget Fortune Cookie, a Chinese food invented by foreigners. I have to admit that the process of opening the fortune cookie is really fun.

Address: 1-5 Elgin Street, Central

【Feast】Japanese Okinawan cuisine

It is really surprising to be able to eat the unique local Okinawan cuisine in Hong Kong. Whether it is the continuous island folk songs, the Orion lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and the authentic island cuisine, Leyan has truly restored the authentic Okinawa izakaya. !

I really like Okinawa food, and I have recommended Ishigaki Island travel guide to you before. So when I can't travel to Okinawa for the time being, I will choose to come here to satisfy my cravings. Here are some dishes that I think are good. Island-style squid cakes with salad dressing.

Fried noodles with squid ink and pork, very delicious!

Grilled chicken wings with plum sauce.

In addition, you can also try the local fresh fish sashimi directly supplied from Okinawa Island.

Squid ink custard egg. The most delicious custard egg I have ever eaten in my life, absolutely delicious.

Address: 12/F, Everlight Centre, 28 Tang Lung Street, Causeway Bay

【22 Ships】Spanish Tapas

Tapas is the essence of Spanish cuisine. You can translate it literally as small dishes. In Spain, there are tapas in restaurants and bars of all sizes. At 22 Ships, tapas has become the chefs' imaginative artistic creation of food. If three or four people gather together and want to taste different dishes, then tapas is definitely the first choice.

I've had the famous Xiangxi skewers in Changsha. The portions are small so diners can try all kinds of skewers. Spanish tapas is a bit like this. At 22 Ships, tapas are exquisite dishes with small portions, and all kinds of combinations are full of novelty. And the portions are not as small as skewers. Cheese cauliflower salad, with walnut sauce and pistachio sauce, has a strong nut flavor, and the cauliflower is cut into snowflake-like thin slices.

Of course you can’t miss the Spanish rice Paella, covered with a thick layer of Spanish ham!

Roast suckling pig with pineapple and red pepper, highly recommended!

Karaage octopus served with ink mustard sauce.

The following is a must-order black truffle, quail egg, and Spanish ham sandwich! A perfect combination that will subvert your taste buds.

Don't forget to drink Sangria, the national drink of Spain. Let's start with a glass of white Sangria.

Followed by a glass of red Sangaria. Perfect!

Address: 22 Ship Street, Wan Chai

【Potato Head】Indonesian cuisine

Enjoy traditional Indonesian ingredients, in-depth cooking techniques, hand-carved Toraja hanging from the ceiling, custom-made tableware from a Balinese ceramics producer, and walls adorned with Indonesian art and textiles. Dining at the Kuam themed restaurant from Bali is a resort-style relaxing experience.

Indonesian food culture has characteristics of Southeast Asia, but it is also unique. It has similarities with Thai food, Vietnamese food, and Indian food, but there are significant differences. If you want to experience the feeling of spices dancing on your tongue, you must come to Kuam to try the Indonesian style cuisine here. As an appetizer, you must have the lime and grapefruit tuna tartare, which will excite your taste buds instantly.

Pan-fried snapper with turmeric sauce.

Braised beef with Sumatran spices, served with crispy purple potato chips.

Crispy roast duck, served with sweet and spicy durian sauce, is my personal favorite.

Potato Head's drinks are amazing. I'll introduce them in detail later. The picture below is a tropical Negroni.

Address: 100 Third Street, Sai Ying Pun

【Bibo】French cuisine

Bibo is the embodiment of light luxury. A dynamic modern art space. A restaurant that combines street art with exquisite cuisine. In Bibo, in addition to enjoying the best French seasonal cuisine, you can also appreciate the original works of world-renowned artists such as Banksy, Obey, Kaws, and Yoshitomo Nara.

First, let's take a look at the artworks inside the restaurant. The Super Mario Princess on the wall is a replica of the work of French street mosaic artist Invader. The restaurant is also decorated with other works of Invader.

The picture below looks like Mickey Mouse at first glance, but a closer look reveals that the huge sculpture of a skull is a classic work from graffiti artist Kaws. Kaws always uses the same set of images to create his art. This cute and sad image is also highly sought after by art collectors and young people, and has also collaborated with Uniqlo on T-shirts.

Careful friends can also study the graffiti on the right wall. They can see many works of masters. It is said that the picture below is a self-portrait of Invader. You need to use a mobile phone camera to see that it is a portrait, and it is quite in the style of Italian painter Modigliani.

The background of the picture below is a giant relief by Portuguese street artist Vhils. This hardcore artist who works with an electric drill has also seen his value soar in recent years. In addition, there is also an original work of his in Urban Bakery at Landmark Plaza.

Works by American artist Obey Giant. There are several of his Angry Face series works in Central and Causeway Bay.

The picture below is Obey's most well-known and world-famous work, which was once featured on the cover of Time magazine.

When I saw the menu, I thought Bibo's dishes would be simple. Because the menu only recommended seasonal ingredients, and the descriptions were easy to understand and very straightforward, such as "fish", "wagyu", "scallops", "pigeon" and other words related to ingredients. As for how to cook, leave it to the chef. First, let's have the French oyster appetizer, paired with crispy seaweed. Simple.

However, when it came to the main course, the imaginative combinations opened my eyes. First, there was dried pufferfish with miso mustard sauce. A bowl of miso soup was condensed into a small spoonful of miso sauce, which doubled the deliciousness. The preparation of dried pufferfish reminded me of the fish fillets I often ate when I was a child, but the fish fillets made from fresh fish were obviously fatter and more natural in taste. It brought back childhood memories and was very novel.

Bibo's fish, served with fresh asparagus and sea urchin, is sprinkled with a sauce made with chrysanthemum petals. Fresh and delicious.

Baked pigeon, served with small cabbage and pickled whitebait. The red sauce has the flavor of foie gras, which neutralizes the saltiness of the whitebait and enhances the meatiness of the pigeon.

There is also squid that looks like rice noodle rolls.

Black Truffle Celeriac Mango Rice

Many people think French food is expensive and not filling. At Bibo, customers can choose a 6-course meal for HK$858. This price is not expensive for high-end French food, after all, you can enjoy the original works of top artists while dining. You should know that a one-day ticket to the Basel Art Fair costs HK$300!

After dinner, let’s enjoy the masterpiece of the great artist Banksy. On the stone is engraved a quote from Picasso: The bad artists imitate. The great artists steal. So Banksy simply crossed out the name of the original work “Picasso” and engraved his own name Banksy instead. Isn’t this the most perfect plagiarism? !

At the end of the meal, even the candles burned down to become a work of art. The unique art restaurant Bibo creates a feast of food and vision for people who love beauty. Recently, it has been favored by the international fashion luxury brand Gucci. Gucci's latest watch campaign chose Bibo as its shooting scene and marked the cooperation with Bibo on the official IG account.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 10:54 GMT-8 Processed in 0.134825 second(s), 32 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list