Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Formosa Boulevard, Taiwan: Eat night market food in Kaohsiung and go diving to see turtles in Small Ryukyu

236 0
Post time 2024-6-6 23:51 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

First of all, there is no need to say much about safety. At least there is no problem with "people". The biggest risk factor may be the motorcycles speeding on the road. In addition, it is a Chinese-speaking place, and the barrier-free communication reduces the possibility of encountering risks. And because the main island is small, the various tourist gameplay designs are relatively mature, and there are very few places that require complicated ways to get to. Even if you use public transportation, you can have a good time alone. The whole city is very friendly to solo tourists, especially solo women. (From personal experience, when most people hear that you are traveling alone, the reaction is "Why don't you come with friends? You are so brave" instead of "It's dangerous to be alone, are you okay?")

It was already night when we landed on the first day. The immigration was smooth and we went to the hotel. The hotel was near Liuhe Night Market, so we went to show off after putting our things away. As netizens commented, this night market is super bad.

After eating, I thought about where to go shopping. As a college student who has been working in the fields of literary anthropology, sociology and folklore for many years, I am more interested in human culture, so I went straight to the only Tanga authorized store in Kaohsiung, which is also the largest adult shop chain in Taiwan, r-xing 阿性 (Formosa Boulevard Store)

Taiwan-Formosa Boulevard, Taiwan: Eat night market food in Kaohsiung and go diving to see turtles in Small Ryukyu
Taiwan-Formosa Boulevard, Taiwan: Eat night market food in Kaohsiung and go diving to see turtles in Small Ryukyu

The price is twice as expensive as in Japan and China, so I only bought some lubricants of Taiwanese brands.

The next day I set off for the outlying island of Xiaoliuqiu. I originally found a chartered car on Klook to take me to the port, but I missed the bus because I misjudged the public transportation (Taiwan’s buses are not like Japan’s! They will be late! A lot late!), so I had to go to the port by myself. It’s not too troublesome. There is a direct bus at Kaohsiung Station, and you can get it at half price by swiping the EasyCard.

Kaohsiung Station is similar to the Shinkansen station in Japan, and there are many convenience stores selling souvenir bento.

I received a message from the owner of the B&B on the way. PS Taiwan basically uses Line to contact. Some shops that receive many tourists may use WhatsApp or WeChat. Just in case, it is recommended to prepare a Line.

When I arrived on the island and was walking to the B&B, I met the owner. She picked me up on her motorcycle. Then I paid. I thought I had already booked and paid online, but that was just a deposit! ! ! The boss reminded me that all cash is accepted on the island. I excluded the room fee and felt that it was enough for two days, so I didn't withdraw extra money. As a result, I only had NT$100 left after paying the room fee, which was not enough for meals that day, let alone playing!

When I tried to withdraw money, I was told that there was only one ATM on the entire island, and only Taiwanese local cards could be used! ! ! !

In desperation, I decided to try to find a motorcycle for transportation, and eat at convenience stores (convenience stores can use Apple Pay), and just stay there for two days.

Then I found a car rental company with a store on Klook and asked them if I could use the car in advance, because online reservations must be made one day in advance, and I couldn't rent a car on the same day, so I could only make a reservation for tomorrow. Then I told the boss about the tragedy that I didn't bring enough cash, and then I suddenly had an idea and asked her if she could help me change some money privately. I paid her with Alipay, and she said she would ask the (real) boss for me, and the answer I got was yes! ! ! !

I was embarrassed to change too much, so I changed 2000nt, and my trip was lit up all of a sudden. I am very grateful

Then, in theory, you need an international driver's license to rent a scooter, or at least a scooter or motorcycle license (it depends on the region. Taipei and Kaohsiung are strictly checked, but in small places like Xiaoliuqiu, there are no restrictions). I have an international driver's license, but because I am short and the scooter is too big, my feet can't touch the ground, so I rented an ordinary electric car. The only difference is the speed limit, which is enough.

Then we started playing. Xiaoliuqiu is a place to see turtles. The core of various marine activities is to find and see turtles.

Underwater activities are affordable. Compared with Okinawa, Japan, snorkeling in Okinawa is 300+, while Xiaoliuqiu is 80. Diving in Okinawa is generally 600+, and Xiaoliuqiu is 300+ and you can even take photos.

We ended the original route and returned to Kaohsiung. We stayed in Yancheng. Later, I learned that this was considered the old street of Kaohsiung.

I didn’t have any plans. Normally, when I travel, I sleep until I wake up naturally and then get up to play. However, there are so many delicious foods in Taiwan that I feel it’s a loss to skip a meal. So I get up every morning to eat breakfast. I would rather take a nap than get up to eat a bite.

I will definitely buy any snacks I see on the road, and there is also the local menu of Starbucks, which is a must-try when traveling.

Alishan tea and so on

Then I just wandered around every day, not very obsessed with checking in at scenic spots, but focusing on the experience.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 11:28 GMT-8 Processed in 0.167012 second(s), 30 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list