Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Strategy]

From the seaside to the city, HuaHin, Thailand, where the kings vacation

125 0
Post time 2024-6-22 18:28:11 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Sometimes traveling is accidental. When you don't even know you're going to travel, you suddenly have an opportunity to see the world, whether it's a vacation or an adventure. I thought that this year's annual leave would be a waste, but the boss gave me a nine-day vacation in a moment. After the vacation was approved, I was not feeling well and had a fever of 39 degrees. How could I think I could go out and have fun? Fortunately, God is considerate. With the help of various antibiotics and antipyretics, I finally recovered my health. Where can I go? Baidu searched where I could go with a Chinese passport. The most reliable answers were only two-Thailand and Vietnam.

In 2024, as my life vacation after leaving my job, I spent eight days in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, my first self-guided tour abroad. Thailand gave me the first impression of convenience, safety, comfort and comfort. It was easy to get around. That's it! Thailand is fine. Airasia on the phone decisively booked round-trip tickets to Bangkok. Since it was booked close to the departure time, the price was not favorable, nearly 3,000 yuan for a round trip. I guess many onlookers would pout at this price, but what I want to say is that sometimes the physical and mental pleasure that a vacation can bring to people really doesn’t need to be blocked by a thousand or two thousand yuan. Many times, we buy things on Taobao and they are gone. So for a sudden vacation, I believe that everyone is willing to spend more on this extra cost. Thanks to the Internet, we can make such a decisive decision. Similarly, the hotel is booked on the phone through Booking.

The reason why I chose Hua Hin is because a Thai friend has long introduced: "If you want to see the sea, go to Hua Hin. That is where our king vacations. There is a palace, white sand and blue sea." It is also rumored on the Internet that this holiday place near Pattaya but purer is worth a visit.

First stop after landing

The plane landed at Don Muang Airport. I must tell you that there are fewer people applying for visas on arrival for flights that land in the afternoon! If you wait until the evening, the visa window will be crowded with Chinese group tourists from several flights, including elderly people, so it will be much faster to go through customs in the afternoon.

Some friends will say: I didn’t exchange money in China, and I don’t have a registration photo. Don’t worry, just follow the VISA ON ARRIVIAL sign. There will be EXCHANGE and PHOTO shops along the way, but the prices may not be so affordable. But don’t worry, the prices are also within the affordable range. The money exchange is at SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK stores, so the exchange rate is basically fair. If you think it’s not cost-effective, you can only exchange about 2,000 baht and withdraw it at the airport ATM after you pass through customs. That is calculated for you according to the UnionPay real-time exchange rate!

Fill out the visa on arrival application form, the entry card given to you by the flight attendant, prepare 1,000 baht (currently in the discount period, the original price is 2,000 baht), photos, return tickets (electronic files are also acceptable), and passports, and queue up to get a number. The latest application form has Chinese added, so there is no problem for friends who are not good at English to fill it out, but you have to fill it out in English!

While waiting, you may also see friends from Taiwan and India. Yes, they also have visas on arrival. After waiting for your number, give it to the visa officer. After stamping it for you, you can go to the immigration channel!

Road to HuaHin

As before, there are staff on duty in the taxi area of ​​Don Muang Airport. They will ask you where you are going and help you fill out the destination form, but! You need to pay an extra 50 baht to the driver when you get off the car. This is a convention, don't panic!

There are three ways to go to Hua Hin. The first one is that if you land at Suvarnabhumi Airport, it's great! There are buses that go directly to Hua Hin. There are two information desks at Exit 8 on the first floor of the arrival hall of Suvarnabhumi Airport. You can buy tickets to Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Koh Chang.
The fare from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hua Hin is 305 baht/person.
Departure time from Suvarnabhumi Airport: 07:30; 09:30; 13:30; 16:30; 18:30;
Departure time from Hua Hin: 07:00; 09:00; 13:00; 15:00; 18:00.

The second way is to take a taxi to Hua Lamphong Railway Station. When you take a taxi, just tell the driver BANGKOK TRAIN STATION and he will understand. The train to Hua Hin air-conditioned car is 421 baht. If the journey is on time, it will take about 3 hours. The timetable will be on the big screen at the train station. Just choose the time you want!

The third way is the one I think is more reliable and affordable. It is also the one I use. Take a taxi to MO CHIT Bus Station. You can also tell the driver NORTH BUS STATION. The taxi fare is about 120 baht. Take a mini van, which is a van, 180 baht, and the journey takes about 3 hours. After landing, I asked a Thai friend I knew before, and he sent me a screenshot of a Google image. I just showed the driver the image directly, and the driver took me to the station.

HuaHin-From the seaside to the city, HuaHin, Thailand, where the kings vacation
Mo Chit bus station

Just note that the driver at Hua Hin Station will not tell you clearly that you have arrived. If When you see a market parked somewhere, it’s best to ask the driver, or check GOOGLE MAP yourself to see if the location is there. The bus condition is probably like this

Mini van

The entire bus trip takes about three hours. Because it is a model similar to a Chinese minivan, the seat arrangement is relatively compact. Therefore, the comfort level is not as good as that of trains and buses, but MINI VAN is more flexible.

It was the rainy season in Thailand, and the weather changed rapidly along the way. The sun was still shining brightly when we were still on the highway in Bangkok, but as we drove outside the city, the dark clouds on the sky became denser.

Bangkok scenery on the highway

After the car drove out of Bangkok, it started pouring rain, but the driver’s speed was still around 100 yards, as I was sitting The people in the car are all Thai locals. Although everyone doesn't understand the language, they still smile and nod to each other wherever they look. When I traveled to Thailand for the first time, I felt that even though I was a completely unfamiliar foreigner in this country, I was illiterate in Thai and could only communicate in English on a daily basis, but I had no fear at all, walking in an unfamiliar place. Cities and neighborhoods still have a sense of solidity. I think these details of being in the car with strangers are the reason why I feel brave to explore this strange part of the country.

The weather changes rapidly

Three and a half hours later, we drove to a market. At each market, I would ask the Thai people around me, "Huahin? Huahin?" I wasn't sure if they understood the Thai place names I pronounced in English, but they would always shake their heads in response, probably because they guessed where I was going.

A sister friend in the car opened Google Map and started to drive me to the hotel with navigation. We chatted on the way. I was not good at talking and did not deliberately find any topics to get close to her. I just talked about the time when we were in Chiang Mai, the owner of the homestay drank and drove us back to the hotel. After chatting, I learned that drunk driving is actually quite common in Thailand. If you are caught by the police by accident, you can solve the problem by giving a few hundred strains privately. You know, this is unimaginable in China. My sister's home is not near my hotel. On the way to the hotel, she had already passed by her home. I didn't know how to thank her at the time. Many moments I wanted to give this sister some money as a reward, but after thinking about it carefully, I still felt that there was something wrong, so I gave up. The hotel is hidden in an inconspicuous alley. Google Map is a bit tricky. I drove a lot of wrong roads. Finally, I turned around and got to the hotel gate. I sincerely thanked this sister, but I regretted that I forgot to ask her name. I hope she has a happy life and good health!

A Night Alone in Hua Hin

After receiving help from God, I arrived at the hotel and was shocked as soon as I entered the door! This is a hotel hidden in an alley with a pure Thai-style garden. Someone in the lobby is playing an instrument similar to the Chinese dulcimer, which is full of Southeast Asian flavor. The staff brought me the welcome beverage and took me to the front desk. The welcome beverage is worth mentioning. It is a refreshing drink with lemongrass flavor. The check-in procedure was completed in ten minutes. The staff led me to my room and introduced the general situation of the hotel and Hua Hin (this hotel does not have Chinese service).

Hotel Lobby

This is not an advertisement, but as a personal preference I still want to talk about this hotel. Wora Bura Resort & Spa has a rating of 8.7 on Booking.com. Built on the long coastline of Hua Hin, it also has a public white sand beach. Looking out from the hotel's courtyard is the blue sea of ​​the Gulf of Thailand. But the price on Booking is only over 600 yuan! Just think about Sanya or even Dali in China. You should have an idea of ​​what kind of hotel you can book at this price. Many people will tell you that the Hilton is the most famous hotel in Hua Hin. I passed by it when I was going to the beach in Hua Hin. It is right next to the authentic Hua Hin beach. However, in fact, the authentic Hua Hin beach is quite dirty. , and there are more people. The beach near Wora Bura is relatively quiet and has fewer people.

Wora Bura Resort&Spa

Room interior

Hotel bathroom

Hotel Balcony

When we arrived at the hotel, it was already dark after seven o'clock. The color of the coast looked like mint, with a hint of coolness and the sea breeze blowing. Instantly, we had a feeling for this seaside. Small town love.

The coast of Hua Hin in the evening

Because it was too late when I arrived and I was too tired after traveling all day, I didn’t go to the night market to look for food. I ordered a paella and a glass of watermelon juice at a restaurant on the beach, which was actually a bit expensive, plus the service fee, it cost more than 400 baht. But being able to watch the fishing fires in the distance in the sea breeze and at night is still worth the price.

Hotel restaurant on the coast

Dinner facing the sea

Watching the sea alone

There are not many Chinese people in the hotel. Except for the Chinese family who had to share two tables with each other in the restaurant, basically all I saw were Europeans and Americans. I was on a family vacation with my wife and children, alone. It was a bit lonely and boring in the hotel. There were no Chinese people to chat with you, or even a single foreigner to chat with you. So I simply went back to the room, turned on CCTV4, listened to Chinese programs, and took selfies on the balcony.

I have said before that I am satisfied with this hotel, and the balcony in the room is indeed the classic place where I am most satisfied. The wooden Thai pattern eaves and railings, and the small platform next to the railings, can be used for sitting or lying. I have watched the Thai costume TV series "Lady of the Garland", and the hotel's staff's clothes and decorations are really 90% restored.

After a day of tossing and turning, I didn't look for any clubs, nor did I make an appointment for spa and massage. I took a shower and went to bed early. The bed in the hotel is still quite comfortable. The sleep quality is good all night, and I wake up naturally.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-3 20:42 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.140303 second(s), 31 queries .