Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Strategy]

Train to Busan: A nanny-level literary travel guide, it feels like you are in Korea at home

12 0
Post time 3 day(s) ago | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

To be honest, when I first traveled to Korea, Seoul was the first place that came to my mind. As the largest city on the Korean Peninsula and the capital of South Korea, it is often more attractive to tourists. But after visiting Seoul, taking a walk around Gyeongbokgung Palace, overlooking the entire city from the Seoul Tower, strolling around the streets of Gangnam Style, experiencing the culture in Hanok Village, and broadening my horizons at Dongdaemun, for tourists, punching in and eating is just one way to play. I thought that Korea was just one way to play, but after visiting more, I realized that the ways to play in bustling cities are similar, but what is missing is the elegant scenery and atmosphere that can enjoy a leisurely vacation. With this mood, I was thinking about finding a city in Korea with unique scenery and suitable for a slow-paced vacation, so the word Busan came to my mind.

When I mentioned Busan, I first thought of the movie "Train to Busan". Although the whole movie didn't reach Busan in the end, I had been looking forward to Busan since the beginning of the movie. I was looking forward to what the place I finally arrived at would look like. Thinking of this, I went to look through the introduction of Busan: Busan, the largest port and second largest city in South Korea, has always been a link and bridge for cultural exchanges between the East Asian continent and the ocean.

Looking at such a dry introduction, I still have no idea about Busan. After carefully reviewing the ways to play in Busan, I found that the scenery of various cultural villages is not only worth visiting but also has stories, which can satisfy more than just simple shopping and eating needs. The "Yingdao" connected to the Busan Bridge by Taejongdae has lush pine forests nearby and the sea is connected to cliffs. You can see the scenery similar to Jeju Island here. In addition, the port city not only has a port, but also has high-quality beaches derived from its abundant seawater resources. It can be said that all the scenery that meets your vacation needs is available. In addition to the beautiful scenery, there are also delicious foods. In addition to the popular Korean food in Korea: bibimbap, fried rice cakes, barbecue, cold noodles, fried chicken, kimchi, fish cakes, there is also the most authentic pork soup rice in Korea. Among the above-listed delicacies, cold noodles and fish cakes are different from those in other places. They can be said to be delicacies spread from Busan: Busan wheat noodles with a similar taste to cold noodles, and Busan fish cakes (the place where Korean fish cakes were first born).

After reading such recommendations, I can no longer resist the idea of ​​going to Busan for vacation. The Busan trip plan is divided into two parts: coastal sightseeing and inland sightseeing (coastal sightseeing mainly refers to beaches, islands, etc., while inland sightseeing refers to Busan city, historical sites, etc.). The plan expands from inland to the coast, so after arriving, the two major cultural villages became the first place to check in on the Busan trip.

Gamcheon Culture Village: Santorini in Busan

I often see many beautiful urban villages in Korean dramas, with colorful buildings gathered together, and local patterns or logos can be seen on the beautiful graffiti walls, which have unique representative significance. I remember watching the popular Korean drama "My Love from the Star" that year, in which there was an episode where Jeon Ji-hyun filmed in the Falan Village in Seoul. The magical appearance of that cultural village at night has always been imprinted in my mind. But when I actually came to Gamcheon Culture Village, I found that the scenery here is comparable to Falan Village, and it is worthy of its title of "Busan Falan Village".

Busan/Jeju-Train to Busan: A nanny-level literary travel guide, it feels like you are in Korea at home

If you don't know about Falan Village, you must have heard of the name of Santorini Island in Greece, right? The white houses with blue roofs and blue sky are built on the mountain, which is extremely beautiful. Gamcheon Culture Village can be said to be such a place, so it is also known as the "Santorini of Busan".

Busan/Jeju-Train to Busan: A nanny-level literary travel guide, it feels like you are in Korea at home

Many people who come here can't wait to find the legendary statue of the little prince and the desert fox, but I advise you not to rush. Your meeting with him after overcoming all difficulties will be more meaningful.

Gamcheon Cultural Village is very large. How to save time to play around the village? It is recommended to first buy a map from the guide of Gamcheon Cultural Village (2,000 won per map, available in Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc.), then follow the stamp route to find 9 attractions including the photo gallery, the Night House, the Sky Ridge, the bookstore cafe, the Peace House, the Light House, the art shop, the community center, the Gamcheon Harmony Center, and the village museum, and collect the visit stamps. Among them, the Sky Ridge and the community center, the Gamcheon Harmony Center, can exchange postcards printed with Gamcheon scenery. Friends who like to send postcards must not miss it.

If you don't want to visit the village in such a routine way, you can start from the entrance of the village and first arrive at the village museum, followed by the art shop, photo gallery, night house, etc. In the art shop, you can buy small gadgets and small jewelry with village characteristics; the night house allows you to feel the tranquility surrounded by darkness. Following the colorful fish-shaped sign, you will soon reach the roof of the Sky Ridge located in the village information center, where you can see Longtou Mountain in the distance, the towering Busan Tower, and turn around to see Busan Port and Gamcheon Port.

But no matter which way you choose to explore, you will meet the little prince, snuggle up to him and whisper to him, tell him your secrets, and then make a wish, leaving them in the most beautiful overlooking place in the whole village, aged in the morning and evening glow, the sun, the moon and the stars, and you just need to guard life and wait for it to come true.

Many people take photos with the little prince from the back, but few people know that taking photos from a different angle will create a different mood. Does the little prince from the front look like what you imagined?

In addition to the unique scenery in the village, the greatest fun of visiting Gamcheon Cultural Village is actually browsing shops. Various different shops sell different handmade or Korean-style figures. If you have time, you can find a small shop here to stay for a long time and experience handmade games.

It is recommended to go to the Gamnaegol Happiness Power Plant and Gamcheon Harmony Plaza. There are many interesting projects to experience in this area, such as ceramic crafts (ceramic cats, little princes, desert foxes, mackerel necklaces, Gamcheon Village, cups, keychains, flower pots, etc.), metal crafts (Gamcheon House, landscape production), comic crafts (T-shirts, eco-friendly bags), wood crafts (fish, clocks, pen holders, clips, etc.), jigsaw puzzles (desert foxes, happy fish, etc.). These projects need to be booked in advance on the website, and some projects only support telephone reservations (Korean communication is more convenient).

I came across a fat statue of a Marvel hero, and it was as if I saw myself staying at home after the New Year. Hahaha, I posted this to encourage each other.

Okay, after introducing the fun activities, let’s talk about the most authentic Korean culture in Gamcheon Culture Village.

For tourists, Gamcheon Culture Village is a popular destination for sightseeing and checking in. The colorful houses and colorful light can even make dreams at night colorful, but for local villagers, this is their home.

In Gamcheon, since the houses are built along the slope, there are many stairs and narrow passages inside. If you are interested, try to get off the main road and really walk into Gamcheon. You will find that each of these small houses exudes a full breath of life.

There are three things on the roof of almost every household: a plate-shaped signal receiver, a kimchi jar, and a clothes hanger or clothes hanging out to dry.

Since the building was built from top to bottom following the terrain of the mountain and the house was built relatively early, with the advent of the Internet age, the demand for the Internet in every household has increased. Therefore, this type of house can only have cables pulled vertically from the "sky" into the house, forming a tangled spider web.

In my opinion, Gamcheon Village is most beautiful when night falls. After watching the sunset illuminate the sky red and the lights come on, Gamcheon gradually disappears into darkness. This is the place most worth exploring.

The number of tourists gradually decreased, and Gamcheon was no longer noisy. The light leaking through the small windows had a certain warmth. Cats began to appear in the streets and alleys on tiptoe. This scene reminded me of the cartoon "The Cat Returns". Perhaps, this place really is a cat kingdom after nightfall.

There are countless paintings of cat scenes on the walls. Perhaps these paintings are the village’s unique notebooks, recording the stories of the invading cats and humans living in harmony.

Don't disturb them, just let this night come so quietly, and then welcome the morning glow so quietly.

Appendix: Gamcheon Culture Village website: https://www.gamcheon.or.kr/

Transportation: Take subway line 1 and exit at Toseong Station Exit 6, walk straight to the front of the Pusan ​​National University Hospital Cancer Center and transfer to Sobasa 1-1, Seo-gu 2, Seo-gu 2-2.

TIPS: There are usually a lot of people at the Little Prince photo location, and the average queue is 1-2 hours, which really makes the queue two hours and the photo shoot two minutes.

White Shoal Culture Village

There is another cultural village in Busan, and the scenery is more like Santorini than Gamcheon Culture Village. Its name is White Shoal. The origin of this name is a bit romantic: it comes from the water flowing down from the foot of Penglai Mountain, and the way it meanders to the sea looks like snow falling, so it got this name. But this is indeed a veritable "picturesque village on the cliff by the sea."

Compared with Gamcheon Cultural Village, it has less commercial atmosphere and fewer tourists. The village is also built on the mountain and faces the sea. Here you can drink coffee and wait for the sunrise, or eat instant noodles and wait for the sunset. If you can come with your lover, the tranquility and beauty here is really a paradise on earth.

Baeksang Culture Village is located on Yeongdo Island. It is actually more well-known than Gamcheon Culture Village, but it has not been over-developed for tourism, so it is not very famous to tourists. If you are a fan of Korean movies, you should be familiar with this place because thousands of movies were produced here.

Here is a little knowledge point to share. The Baekshoan Cultural Village was built by refugees from the Korean War on the southernmost coastal hills of Busan. It is also the same way that many of Busan's "old looks" are left on Yeongdo Island (today, when you stroll around the village, you can see the villagers planting vegetables for BBQ at their doorsteps, which is very much like the life of old-school Busan people).

Korean movies like to be shot in such places, especially those with "Busan movie" elements: "rough port and men's life" are the two themes that are most likely to appear. The White Shoal Cultural Village, as the hometown of the characters when they were young, or the place where they struggled to realize their dreams, often appears in movie plots. This is especially true for scenes of poor life and growing up in friction with friends and neighbors. The movie "변호인 (The Attorney)" was filmed here, and the Korean national variety show "Infinite Challenge" was also filmed here.

The changes in Baiqiantan Cultural Village started in 2011. Many new shops and creative ideas emerged here, and it became a place where artists’ inspirations were born, and the most dazzling spark produced in the process of cultural collision. Therefore, in Baiqiantan Cultural Village, you can find many interesting shops, whether they are cafes, milk tea shops, restaurants, handicraft shops, or shops with alternative cultural characteristics.

Among them, I came across a store that I particularly liked, called: gallery y. This is a shop with a very unique decoration. There are many puppets, some artworks and paintings in the shop.

The proprietress is a painter. She usually teaches people to paint or spends her time painting alone. She also performs marionette shows. It can be said that her life is very "literary".

The owners of these shops are not averse to tourists coming in to take pictures. If you choose a shop with a style that suits you and go in to take pictures, you can get a lot of unexpectedly good photos.

The colorful houses are reflected against the backdrop of the sea and sky, and a winding coastal promenade extends at the foot of the village.

Touch the Gaudi-style decorations on the stone fence and look out over Songdo Island across the way and the Namhang Bridge connecting Yeongdo Island and Songdo Island.

Walk up the rainbow stairs, take a stroll with the docile cats and dogs, and enjoy this extraordinarily pleasant visual feast to the sound of the ship's whistle. Here is one of the most popular check-in spots for couples in the village: this cave called Huin-yeoul Coastal Tunnel, which is located near the Rainbow Stairs.

At the entrance of the cave, there are couples taking photos. Couples usually face the entrance of the cave and their backs to the sea to take photos. On weekends or holidays, many couples line up here to take photos, and the queue time is about an hour.

After entering the cave, there is a lighted promenade, and the interior features famous sights of Busan such as Taejongdae and Gamcheon Culture Village.

Walk to the center of the cave, there is a Touch Love screen for couples to press their fingerprints. When each person presses a handprint, a magical scene will appear.

Yes, Baiqiantan Cultural Village is a great place to watch the sunset and the sea, don’t miss it.

Transportation tips: Get off at Nampo Station (남포) on Subway Line 1, exit from Exit 6 and walk toward Lotte Department Store. Cross Yeongdo Bridge and walk to the right to find the bus stop. Take bus No. 7/9/71/85 to Busan Health High School.

If you have time, you can walk south along the road from the cultural village and you will come across beautiful temples and churches.

Taejongdae

Another scenic spot also located in Yeongdo is the famous Taejongdae.

Taejongdae is a park at the southernmost tip of Yeongdo Island. It is surrounded by the sea on three sides. The dense pine forest and the 100-meter-long cliffs on the seashore complement each other. It is a place with beautiful mountain and sea views. Sinseonbawi is the representative landscape of Taejongdae. It is said to be the product of the last dry ice age of the fourth period about 120,000 years ago. After the last dry ice age, the Busan area rose, and Taejongdae took its current shape. Therefore, Taejongdae is not only a tourist attraction, but also has a high reference value in understanding the natural history of Busan.

Legend has it that King Taejong Mu-yeol of Silla loved the lush forests and surging waves here very much. After unifying the Three Kingdoms, he came here to visit and practice archery, so the scenic spot got its name. According to the "Donglae ​​Prefecture Chronicle", in ancient times, whenever a severe drought came, people held a rain-worshiping ceremony at Taejong Terrace, and the rain that fell on the tenth day of the fifth lunar month every year was called "Taejong Rain".

Although I had already missed the tenth day of the fifth lunar month when I arrived, the January drizzle was still falling. The weather at Taizongtai was not good, and there was a thin mist on the sea surface. However, standing on the observation deck and lighthouse towering on the long cliffs, looking down, the white passenger ship, the flocks of seagulls at the stern, the slightly trembling sea and the lighthouse standing in the sea, the movement and stillness made the seascape more beautiful. If the weather is fine, you can use the telescope on the observation deck to clearly see the distant Ikushima Island and Goroku Island. If you are lucky, you can see the distant Tsushima Island of Japan.

There is a mermaid statue under the lighthouse. Its shape is very unique and I always feel that the designer wants to express a lot of meanings.

When you reach the lighthouse, if you have the energy, it is recommended that you climb the spiral staircase to the "Yingdao Lighthouse" (the spiral staircase is plain white. If you take pictures upward before climbing, you can take abstract photos from a very different angle). After reaching the top, you can see farther through the glass fence. The glass windows on the lighthouse are bluish in color, and taking pictures of the sea view through it adds a unique filter.

If you don't want to climb to the top, there is a rest area on the platform where you can order regular latte and buy instant noodles. The window seats have a wide view and you can see the sea view. It's a good place to daydream.

It is said that this lighthouse was the first manned lighthouse in Busan built in 1906. In 2004, it was renovated into a comprehensive marine cultural space where you can enjoy the sea view. Yeongdo Marine Cultural Space has facilities such as the "Seaside Observation Deck" and the "SEE&SEA" gallery, the Marine Image Museum, and the Natural History Exhibition Room, which can be viewed freely. It has become another important marine attraction in Busan and even in South Korea.

When you come to Taejongdae, you can choose to walk around or take the Danubi train. The first stop of the train is Pebble Beach.

Yes, the reason why this beach is called this name is because the pebble beach is full of pebbles, and this kind of beach is rare in the world, attracting many tourists to check in.

As for the pebble beach on the coast of Taejongdae, there is a story to tell. Once upon a time, this was where the female divers made their living by fishing. Every day, you could see the bustling fishing scene on the pebble beach. Although it can no longer be seen nowadays, you can see many people piling stones here.

This kind of stone pile used for making wishes is somewhat similar to the Mani pile in China's Tibetan area. It is said that this way of making wishes comes from the wishes of the female divers, who hope that their lives can be more prosperous.

There is a long stone staircase leading to the pebble beach. It can be seen that the staircase has been repaired countless times, but one can still imagine the hard life that the divers once lived.

There are some stacked pebbles beside this stone staircase. When you walk closer to look at them, you will find that many of them have faces painted on them, some happy, some sad, or some funny, but you can see the emotions of the painters of these stones.

There is a food stall that looks a bit shabby on this beach (you can understand why from its appearance), which sells fresh seafood, including conch, squid, abalone, clams, etc. The female divers process the seafood on the spot, and all of them are eaten raw. No water is provided, but chili, garlic, sesame oil, chili sauce and other dipping sauces are provided. Those who are brave enough to like to eat live octopus should not miss it. You can bargain!

There are small restaurants in all major scenic spots of Taejongdae that offer coffee, juice, smoothies, ice cream, seafood noodles, noodles with soybean paste, steak, etc. The price of a freshly prepared drink is about 2,500-5,000 won per cup. After eating and drinking, take a walk on the 3km Jeoying Coast Road and listen to the sound of pebbles rolling after the waves recede. Life is just like this.

Scenic spot information: There is currently no entrance fee to Taizongtai Scenic Spot.

Danubi Circular Train Ticket Price in the Scenic Area: Adult Ticket 1500 won/person, Child Ticket 600 won/person

Operation Time:

March-October (9:30-20:00) Ticket Sales Time: 9:00-19:00
November-February (9:30-19:00) Ticket Sales Time: 9:00-18:30
Danubi Circular Train Route: Starting Point-Pebble Beach-Jiuming Temple-Observation Tower-Yingdo Lighthouse-Taejong Temple-Starting Point
Sea Cruise Ticket Price: Two-story cruise ship, 4500 won/person, the cruise time on the sea is about 40 minutes.

Transportation Information:

There is no direct subway to the location of Taejongdae, and it requires a combination of subway and bus to reach. Take the subway line 1 to Nampo Station, exit 6, turn right and walk about 100 meters to take bus No. 8, 30, 66, or 88, and get off at the terminal station, Taejongdae.

If you take the airport bus, take the Airport Limousine Bus (Seomyeon/Busan Station Line) to Chungmudong Seogu Office Station, then transfer to bus No. 8, 30, or 66 and get off at the last stop, Taejongdae.

Self-driving route: Transfer from Gyeongbu Expressway to City Expressway, turn off at Busan Bridge, arrive at Yeongdo District Office, and then follow the road signs to reach Taejongdae Scenic Area. You cannot park at will in the scenic area, and you need to park in the parking lot at the entrance of Taejongdae.

Yeongdo Food Recommendation

When you come to Busan, you must not miss eating fish cakes, and if you come to Yeongdo in Busan, you must not miss finding a long-established fish cake shop: Samjin Aimo Ke.

Everyone knows that Busan's fish cakes are very famous because the place where Korean fish cakes were first born is Busan. Click to add image description (up to 60 characters)

This is just like the famous Lanzhou beef noodles in China. The place where it was first born was in Lanzhou, so the most authentic and delicious noodles are also in Lanzhou! The same is true. Fish cake was born in Busan, so the most authentic and delicious fish cake must also be in Busan. If you want to eat authentic Busan fish cake, you must find the most authentic old store in Busan, so Sanjin Aimo Ke is a must-see.

Samjin Aimo Ke is an old fish cake shop located in Yeongdo, Busan. It was founded in 1953 and was the first to introduce the "baked store" to Korea, changing the structure of the fish cake industry. Today, it has successfully opened 9 stores overseas and is the most popular fish cake brand in Busan.

Fish cake is a national side dish that appeared on the table as a nutritious food during the Korean War. It is delicious and nutritious and is loved by everyone. Sanjin Aimo Hakka uses fish cake made of healthy aquatic protein. It tastes chewy and is a rare and delicious dish. Another signature snack that you can't miss is the golden fish ball, which is fried fish balls wrapped in bread crumbs on fish cake. There are many flavors such as cheese, potato, and fresh shrimp. It's so delicious that you can't stop eating it!

In the store, Sanjin Aimo Hakka has also set up a fish cake experience hall, where you can not only learn about the history of the development of Busan fish cake, but also experience the process of making fish cake. Professional teachers will teach you step by step, and you can master the essentials of making fish cake in minutes.

During the experience, your imagination and hands-on ability can be fully mobilized. DIY your own fish cake, which will taste better! This delicious and fun fish cake shop is especially suitable for school trips and children~

Experience content features recommended:

Weekend

A corse

Difficulty: 5 stars

Experience content: grilled fish cake rolls + fish cake pizza

B corse

Difficulty: 4 stars

Experience content: fried fish cake sticks + fish cake pizza

Weekdays

C corse

Difficulty: 3 stars

Experience content: drawing fish cake + fish cake pizza

D corse

Difficulty: 4 stars

Experience content: drawing fish cake + fish cake sticks + fish cake pizza

Main store address: 36, 99-gil, Taejong-ro, Yeongdo-gu, Busan (the second floor is the Experience and History Museum)

Jeongran Pavilion

After eating fish cakes in Yeongdo, go to Jeongran Pavilion to digest the food and drink a cup of red date tea.

I don't know if you have seen the MV of "Night Letter" by Korean star IU. The atmosphere and scenery of Jeongran Pavilion and IU's singing create a hazy visual beauty, which also makes Jeongran Pavilion gain more and more attention. Many people come here to take a photo of IU.

I thought Zhenlan Pavilion was very big, but in fact it is just a small house. It stands out among very modern buildings.

After you step into the house from the steps, you will feel like you are in Japan. Don't doubt this illusion, because it is the real building in the courtyard that creates this illusion. The wood, glass and other materials used to build it were all shipped from Japan. So there is a sense of old Japanese style mixed in, and you can take a lot of beautiful photos.

Today, the first floor is a lounge and the second floor is an inn. The house is free to visit, but if you want to enter the pavilion, you must buy a drink before you can rest on the first floor. The boss also sells some souvenirs.

Business hours: 9:00-18:00, more crowded on weekends and holidays.

Tea: All drinks are 4,000 won/cup, red date tea is recommended, the taste of red dates is so indulgent. The handmade cookies given as a gift are also super delicious.

Address: 75 정란각, 부산 동구 홍곡로 (Korean pronunciation is the same as Chinese, no problem getting a taxi)

168 Stairs

Not far from Jeongran Pavilion is 168 Stairs, which is not a tourist attraction in the strict sense, but the high stairs here are specifically pointed out as the climbing monorail installed later.

168 Stairs is a representative staircase in Monogatari Street, Dong-gu, Busan. It is also the highest staircase in Dong-gu, Busan. It has 168 stone steps in total. The slope of nearly 45 degrees is very high and difficult to climb. People living above this block have to climb such high stairs to and from the street every day. As the people living here gradually age, the government came up with the idea of ​​a monorail.

After reaching a high point, there is an observation deck where you can enjoy the view, but actually everyone climbs the stairs just to see the trams. The rainbow-colored houses lined up on both sides make the view look a bit dreamy.

Note: The climbing monorail is free to ride, but you need to queue when there are many people.

Black and gold urban reflection shooting location.

I decided to go there after dark because I saw many people recommending this place, because it is really far away.

This shooting location is known as the "Best 4 Busan photo spots that you must leave a photo of in your life". The night view of the modern city and the black and gold photo style, but to be honest, there are many similar shooting locations in China, so if you really feel it is inconvenient to get there, or if you are traveling alone without a shooting partner, it is recommended to give up this place, because there are too many people queuing up to take pictures, and it is purely a test of hand speed (be obedient, I went alone, and the feeling of taking pictures without permission was too heartbreaking).

Let's talk about how to get there first. Take Busan Subway Line 2, Dongbaek Station Exit 1 and walk straight. After crossing the small bridge, you will see The Bay101 building. Go in along the parking lot. After walking about 30 meters, you can see an open space by the river on the right. Look up and compare the background buildings posted online. If they fit, don't hesitate, you have found the right place. Don't be scared by how many people squatting on the ground.

If you want to shoot the black and gold urban reflection, there must be water to reflect the reflection when shooting. Then the question is, if it doesn't rain, where will the water come from to drain the reflection? So it is recommended that you bring a large water cup or water bottle with you. You can go to the nearby bathroom to get water and splash out the water. After the reflection, you have to grab the camera position. There are too many people queuing, and it is difficult to take a satisfactory picture, so the waiting time is too long.

But after my failure, I still want to tell you how to improve the success rate of taking pictures.

1. If you don't have a camera, you can also shoot with your mobile phone, but you need to prepare a mini tripod to allow the mobile phone to be higher than the ground for shooting.

2. Try to wear light-colored tight clothes. For people like me who wear a black down jacket, it is easy to blend into the night.

3. The subject should cross the pond and stand as far forward as possible to ensure that the whole body reflection is fully included. For example, the picture below.

4. It is not recommended to use lighting or hand-held fireworks.

Because when I was shooting, there was a girl and her boyfriend taking pictures next to me. The girl was holding fireworks, and the boy was lighting the pictures with lights. The pictures taken in this way were not black and gold at all.

5. Be steady and accurate.

Jagalchi Market

Busan is called Busanpo. Busan means "cauldron-shaped mountain". This is named after the shape of the mountain behind the city. And po means "bay" or "harbor". So seafood is a major specialty of Busan, a large seaport.

The famous Jagalchi Market is a paradise for seafood lovers! Take the subway to Nampo-dong, smell the fishy smell and find Jagalchi Market all the way, and you don't even need to rely on a map.

Jagalchi Market is the largest seafood market in Korea due to its variety and scale. It supplies nearly 30-50% of the seafood in Korea every year. Jagalchi Market was established in the second half of the 19th century. There are two theories about the origin of its name. One is that it comes from a small stone at the river mouth (pronounced "Jaga" in Korean), and the other is that it comes from a fish called "Jagachi".

Since 1945, this place has become a distribution center for aquatic products, mainly selling offshore fish, and also a gathering place for open-air stalls of various aquatic products. In order to create a cleaner and more standardized seafood market, the Busan government built a new comprehensive building for Jagalchi Market in 2006, and about 300 open-air stalls were unified into the building. Today, this seafood market with more than 50 years of history is a large indoor market that integrates seafood wholesale, retail, processing, and catering. The roof of the building is shaped like three seagulls flying with their wings spread, becoming a new landmark building of Jagalchi Market.

The first floor of the market is the sales area, and the second floor is the sales and cooking area, with many tables and chairs. For greedy tourists, the best choice is to find their favorite seafood in the seafood market and then ask the store to cook it for them. You can take it away or sit down and eat with your friends, which is great.

Address: 37-1 Nambu-dong 4, Jung-gu, Gosanchi-si (부산광역시 중구 남포동4가 37-1)

Business hours

06:00~22:00

Closed on the first and third Tuesdays of each month, the day and the next day of the Spring Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival

Transportation: Busan Subway Line 1, Jagalchi Station, Exit 10, 2 minutes walk

BIFF Square

Across from Jagalchi Market is BIFF Square, which is named after the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) that movie fans all know. Every year, copper plates with the hand and footprints of the winners and the names of the winning works are inlaid on the ground of the square. Look carefully and you may find the handprints of your favorite stars.

In BIFF Square, there are many shopping malls, a large number of snacks in the food court, and a mysterious gathering of tarot card readers. Each of them can arouse your desire to find out more.

At the beginning of 2020, Busan was finally selected as an international tourist city. The government will make full use of its geographical advantage near the sea and invest 150 billion won in Busan in the next five years with the blueprint of "Perfect Busan, the future of Korean tourism". From the perspective of tourism, 58.5 billion won will be invested in 19 specific projects, including "building an innovative smart tourism infrastructure" such as building a Busan-type tourism platform TaaS, "building a convenient tourism environment" such as developing a Busan tourism card and improving public transportation inconveniences, "building a Busan-type tourism ecosystem" such as operating a Busan tourism data analysis center and cultivating tourism and MICE-enhancing companies, and "improving a global friendly tourism culture" such as friendly activities for all citizens towards foreigners. In addition, there are plans to create "Beach Life & the City" such as marine leisure experience content and hiking routes for tourism. In this way, Busan, which is already colorful, will become more attractive to the world.

Recommended ways to eat Busan food

1. Seafood

Busan is famous for its seafood. To eat sashimi, you have to go to the Busan Fish and Shellfish Market (Jagalchi Market) or Japanese restaurants. There are also seafood restaurants lined up at the Haeundae, Taejongdae and Gwangalli beaches.

Seafood restaurant near Yeongdo Taejongdae Park

2. Fish cake

Busan is the origin of fish cake, and the Samjin Aimok Fish Cake Shop mentioned above is a rare old-fashioned authentic fish cake shop.

Sanjin Aimo Ke

3. Grilled steak

The method of grilling steak is to marinate it with salt and sesame oil and then grill it on the iron plate. This grilling method originated in Haeundae. The famous restaurants include Wangyue House on Wangyue Hill and Fuguang Garden.

4. Seafood and Scallion Pancake

Seafood and Scallion Pancake, made by adding flour, seafood and scallions, is a famous snack in Dongnae Hot Springs; seafood cooking along the Hallyeo Waterway and sushi in Tongyeong are also famous.

5. Korean BBQ

The common Korean barbecue spot is famous for its grilled pork belly. The roast beef is treated like a palace and the price is also expensive. Any one of them will taste good.

6. Busan wheat noodles

Busan wheat noodles are not the same as cold noodles. Although it is as cold as cold noodles, the taste is still a little different from cold noodles.

Unlike cold noodles with spicy sauce, wheat cold noodles are made by cooling wheat noodles with water and eating them cold. There are two ways to eat wheat noodles, one is cold wheat noodles topped with cold pork stock and the other is cold wheat noodles with spicy sauce.

7. Beer fried chicken

Even on a day without the first snow, you can still eat beer-fried chicken. For lunch, it depends on which fried chicken restaurant has the most people, just open the door and go in.

8. Army Hot Pot

The delicious army hot pot is the most popular Korean hot pot on rainy, snowy or cold days. After eating the meat and vegetables, you can soak the rice in the soup or cook instant noodles. It's hot~

The busiest Chinatown in Busan

If you are tired of Korean food and miss the food from your hometown, there is a Chinatown opposite Busan Station. There are many Chinese restaurants on the street, and the taste is said to be authentic.

Busan Chinatown is decorated entirely in Chinese style. The most iconic building is the "Shanghai Gate" jointly erected by Busan and Shanghai. There are many Chinese restaurants and shops selling Chinese small commodities, artworks, etc. on both sides of the street.

When Chinese New Year is around the corner, the streets are decorated with lights and colorful flags everywhere, and are filled with a strong festive atmosphere. People coming and going carefully select and buy holiday items, making it very lively.

There is a decoration like this at the intersection of the street, which creates a great atmosphere when the lights are turned on.

It is quite interesting to walk along the streets during the day. There are portraits of Dong Zhuo, Zhuge Liang, Sun Quan and others painted on the walls, telling the most famous stories such as the Three Visits to the Thatched Cottage, Borrowing Arrows from the Straw Boat and the Battle of Red Cliff.

The scene of the sworn brotherhood is also painted on a large wall. Perhaps Chinese historical stories are particularly interesting in the eyes of Koreans.

The statues placed on the left and right of the intersection are said to be "Farewell My Concubine", but the king looks a bit funny. The two statues are regarded as door gods and stand on both sides, which is a bit sad.

Things to note when visiting Busan

1. Climbing is a must when visiting Busan, so it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.

2. There are ways to play in all seasons, so there is no need to worry about seasonal activities. If you want to go to the beach to sunbathe, it is recommended to go in summer.

3. Always carry an umbrella and rain gear with your backpack.

4. Bring a conversion plug.

5. Most places accept credit cards or Alipay payments, so it is important to exchange some Korean won and keep them with you.

6. It is better to bring more clothes or wear thicker clothes when going to the beach.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-3 20:31 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.221792 second(s), 31 queries .