Return to list Post a new post

[Bar/Clubs]

Backpackers' favorite bar street - a summary of the drinking experience at Pham Ngu Lao Street in Vietnam

251 0
Post time 2024-7-7 00:07 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

"Pham Ngu Lao Street", a bar street in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, which is highly recommended on the Internet. I had high expectations for it before I went there. The so-called favorite bar street of Western backpackers - I understand it as cheap and fun (the result is just the opposite). Foreigners seem to be more free and unrestrained by nature. They will sway with the loud music and have a lot of fun.

However, the music is deafening! But every beat seems to miss the "right" point. I don't know if you understand what I mean, anyway, I just feel my heart pounding, not excited, but closer to being scared. The dancing girl (I don't know if she is an adult, but she deserves the word "little") dances more soullessly than a robot. Heavy and continuous throwing out of a group of not strong but lingering resentment. Every move of the hand and foot is telling the dissatisfaction of "the boss's pie is too big, I want to give him some color to see." I can't blame them. After all, I have only seen the passion of dancers in movies. I don't know if it really exists, but it makes me a little curious. Should I give them some money to stimulate me? (If you go to experience it, the price of dancing at the door will be at least twice as high. Please be informed).

The only thing I am thankful for is the fun of trying hookah. How to say it? Well... it really tastes like popcorn, and the air you exhale is sweet. The cost is more expensive than popcorn, but the advantage is that it does not contain calories.

Another day, I passed by a high bar called ChinChin. A certain book and a certain review both rated it as the most popular bar for local trendy men and women. Curiosity prompted me to continue exploring. The atmosphere on the scene was very good, and the seats were full or "standing". At least half of the people stood on the chairs and raised their arms to cheer. The two handsome guys on the stage led the dance and performed with all their strength, but if the music was blocked, I would believe that this was our Spring Festival Gala skit.

In a word, Vietnamese bars are rustic! I've been there once, and I'll never do it again. Someone gave me feedback that this is the bar in Shanghai in the 80s and 90s. I don't agree. Maybe it's the sentiment that makes me proudly refuse to believe it. Fashionable Shanghai has also experienced this embarrassing comedy? But I can't laugh. I asked myself, maybe I didn't see the changes in the world, their music and the young people who are involved in it represent the present and the future... Maybe I am the "bastard"? When you feel out of place, is "following the crowd" the popular choice?

Ho Chi Minh-Backpackers' favorite bar street - a summary of the drinking experience at Pham Ngu Lao Street in Vietnam

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 12:39 GMT-8 Processed in 0.203869 second(s), 36 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list