Return to list Post a new post

[Hotel/Apartment]

Hotel reviews: BED Nimman, Tamarind village, El Barrio Lanna, Gord Chiangmai, Burirattana, Arte House, Anantara, Inn Oon, Naginoya

331 0
Post time 2024-5-18 05:50:38 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

I have been to Chiang Mai four times. Whether it is 100 per capita or 2,000 per capita, you can live well as long as you choose the right hotel.
This article includes but is not limited to the following hotel reviews:

By check-in Sequential comments:

1. BED Nimman

https://bed.co.th/

BED is a well-known economic hotel chain in Chiang Mai. There are 4 branches in and around the ancient city. The business is still very good after passing yQ, which shows that the business is very successful. I stayed at this hotel when I went to Chiang Mai in early 2017. What impressed me most at the time was its sumptuous buffet breakfast and the fact that it was next door to i Berry (which has closed down). Because Ningman Road is very close to the airport and takes about 10 minutes by taxi, I chose this one I was familiar with for the first two nights of my arrival so that I could borrow free bicycles.

ChiangMai-Hotel reviews: BED Nimman, Tamarind village, El Barrio Lanna, Gord Chiangmai, Burirattana, Arte House, Anantara, Inn Oon, Naginoya

Advantages:Cheap and cost-effective. There are many small restaurants, cafes and massage shops around. It is very close to One Nimman, just a few minutes' walk away. The staff in the lobby are very friendly and enthusiastic, and communication is easy. All messages on Booking can be replied immediately. The room has a simple industrial style. The area is not very large but the space utilization is very high. It feels spacious and the air conditioning is strong. The shower head is a stainless steel universal shower head and has a supercharging effect. I like it very much. The breakfast is very good. The food will change every morning. I like the meatball porridge very much. The kebab glutinous rice and banana are very delicious. The taste is not inferior to that of other stalls. The green pepper and eggplant salad is very refreshing. I can eat it happily every morning! A friend asked me, is such an amazing breakfast really free? Does it sell breakfast and accommodation? The lobby not only has an unlimited supply of coffee, tea and fruits, but also Tom Yum instant noodles and fruits. You can eat and drink at any time before returning to your room. It is very friendly to travelers. There are refrigerators on each floor to supply drinking water. , using glass bottles is more environmentally friendly. I want to be a laid-back cat that wanders around the hotel lobby~~~ One day during breakfast, we saw a tall, thin foreigner wearing glasses who was greeting all the employees in the restaurant, helping to collect the plates, and asking the guests how their breakfast was. Later, I watched The photo on his official website is the owner of his hotel.

Disadvantages:
The hotel is close to the airport, and the sound of planes taking off and landing is very loud at night. It is recommended to bring your own soundproof earplugs to ensure that you can rest at night without interference. We fell asleep after the massage every day, so it didn't affect her.

Surrounding Recommendations: Ma Shaji recommends Chengduo, which is a 2-minute walk away. Don’t miss the One Nimman Saturday and Sunday night market. There are too many coffee shops in the surrounding area to recommend.

ChiangMai-Hotel reviews: BED Nimman, Tamarind village, El Barrio Lanna, Gord Chiangmai, Burirattana, Arte House, Anantara, Inn Oon, Naginoya

One of the three shop cats

The universal growth of stainless steel Pressed shower head

The leaves are filled with glutinous rice food

Breakfast by the small swimming pool

2. Tamarind village

The most famous hotel with more than ten years of history in the middle of the ancient city, take a taxi As soon as I told the driver, I knew that there was no need for navigation. The iconic bamboo forest path has been seen in many people’s tourist photos. I have been to Chiang Mai twice. The first time I walked around and the second time I ate at the hotel. Breakfast (the hotel's breakfast is open to non-residents). This time, thanks to a friend, we stayed together for one night and finally experienced it. The advantages and disadvantages are very obvious.

Advantages:
The hotel will contact guests two days in advance to send check-in reminders. There are not many rooms. It is a courtyard converted from an ancient building. It is very quiet and retains the original traditional lanna-style courtyard and 2-story building. The huge tamarind tree in the middle of the courtyard is the symbol of the hotel. Because the building is old, there is no need to go up and down the stairs or open the door. It's all slightly inconvenient, but you can think of it as experiencing the life of ancient people. The green plants and courtyards are very well maintained. The room is very clean, the bedding is comfortable, and the pillows are equipped with high and low pillows. Using glass bottles for drinking water is environmentally friendly. It is a typical old money style that Westerners like, so 80% of the guests are elderly Western couples. The overall interior of the room feels a bit like Lijiang Anyu, but the room area is smaller.

Hotel Event Paper-cutting activity is under the tamarind tree

Ancient showerhead, Retro bathroom

Traditional Lanna courtyard

Disadvantages·For this price, the room area is small and the price/performance ratio is not high. The TV is very small and old. Because the building is a wooden structure, the sound insulation is slightly poor. You can hear the sound of cars passing by on the street at night. The bathroom feels like it has been renovated, but the water pipes and showerheads are still old, so there will be echoes from the water pipes when used. The showerhead is older and has radial water discharge, and the water pressure is dispersed. The hangers are older and some metal parts are It's oxidized, and some of the hotel's leaflets placed beside the bed feel like the information is from a few years ago. The welcome fruit is a few bananas, which is relatively simple. For a hotel in this price range, the breakfast is a bit simple. It is much worse than the breakfast at sister store Raya. We asked the service staff what the aromatherapy used in the room smelled like, but she couldn't tell clearly. There is no difference whether the turndown bed is turned on or not, except that the lights are adjusted and the quilt is tidied. I feel that the hotel is not worried about business. There is a group of white elderly couples who should be regular guests. Therefore, the hotel does not plan to make any improvements while ensuring the basic service quality. Some of the older appliances in the room, such as air conditioners and TVs, have not been replaced for many years. , in the competitive environment where the overall quality of newly opened hotels in Chiang Mai has been greatly improved, it is like an old senior who is waiting for retirement. Anyway, he has been in the world for more than ten years and does not need to develop new customer groups.

3. El Barrio Lanna

A new hotel in classic style, opened in 2019, because of the price It’s not high, more than 200 yuan per person. We stayed in a triple room for about 700 yuan.

Advantages:Located in a quiet street in the center of the ancient city, surrounded by schools and The local residential area avoids areas with a lot of tourists. There is little traffic nearby and it is quiet. The hotel facilities are relatively new and small in scale. The two buildings are opposite each other and there is a small swimming pool in the middle. The overall style is very classic and the solid wood doors are used. The furniture is all thick and textured, retaining the classic Lanna style. The air conditioning, TV, bathroom and other equipment in the room are very new. The best thing is that there are many sockets everywhere. It is very convenient if you bring a camera and charge it. Behind the TV cabinet There are actually 8 sockets reserved on the wall! The room is not very large, but it is no problem to spread out two large suitcases. The room is very soundproofed, the shower has high water pressure, the mattress is hard and very comfortable to sleep on, and the bedding is very new. The hotel's slippers are made of linen and are very comfortable, but remember they are reused so they cannot be taken away. The water in the room is in glass bottles, which is very environmentally friendly. When checking in, the front desk staff was very professional and communicated promptly and efficiently. The uncle who greeted us at the door of the hotel was very energetic. Although he was not fluent in English, he was very enthusiastic and intelligent. When two cars called by two guests stopped at the door at the same time, our grab taxi driver drove by. The uncle immediately He stepped forward to guide the driver on which way to turn around and come back. When we arrived, he immediately helped us pick up the boxes and enthusiastically guided us to the front desk. When we went out in the morning, we saw the uncle carefully washing the door of the hotel with a shower. We could feel that he was very Love this position and pride in the hotel. The nearby Kalm Arts Center is just a few minutes' walk away.

Disadvantages: The balconies of the hotel are very small. They can only put a small stool, which is basically a decoration. The breakfast in the hotel is lackluster. It is recommended to eat at the nearby blue Beef noodle or breakfast next to Gord which is 2 minutes walk.

The green plants in the small corridor at the entrance of the hotel are very beautiful

The room style is relatively classical

Enough sockets

4. Gord Chiangmai

Continuing to write about Gord near EL mentioned in the previous article, when I passed by by chance, I discovered that it turned out to be the B&B where I stayed 10 years ago! Then Booking checked and found that the price has not increased much in ten years! After chatting with the girl at the front desk, she said she had been working here for six years. I told her that I stayed in the guest room on the third floor ten years ago. The girl enthusiastically invited me to go upstairs to see if anything had changed.

No price increase in ten years

Advantages:
The room area is large. The overall scale of the B&B is not large, but it offers many room types. If you are a group of 4 friends, you can book a Loft room. The interior decoration style of the room is simple and somewhat similar to a BED, but the public area is designed to be very spacious. It's comfortable, with a lot of lovely period furniture, and there are a lot of green plants everywhere, and koi fish swim in the pool on the first floor. Like the EL next to it, it is located on a quiet street, surrounded by residential areas, so there is little traffic and it is quiet. It's so comfortable to have breakfast sitting in the quiet courtyard where the sun shines among the green plants. The girl at the front desk speaks very good English, is energetic and enthusiastic. The whole building is very clean. I remember that I had to take off my shoes when going upstairs, but now I can wear shoes when going upstairs.

Because we stayed at the EL next door and only came here for breakfast, we cannot provide the latest reviews in the room, but we can refer to the reviews written by guests on Booking. I don’t know about the free breakfast provided to guests, but every brunch we ordered was delicious! Highly recommended: Coconut American Style (a coconut costs around RMB 10 with a cup of American Style with coconut milk), Pork Porridge (a breakfast suitable for Chinese stomachs), and my personal favorite, the pork rice bowl, which we also ordered We ordered fried noodles, sandwiches, fruits, etc. The three of us ate for almost 6 people. It was very cheap and delicious!

Disadvantages: The sound insulation of the room is not very good, but fortunately the surrounding area is quiet so the impact is not big.

Highly recommend this coconut American style

Everywhere you go, you must order the pork rice bowl

5. Burirattana

A new hotel opened in 2022, I didn’t book it this time, but I will go We visited the hotel for an "on-the-spot inspection" and made a special reservation for the Makka Spa in the hotel.

Advantages:
There is nothing to say about the design appearance, but the scale is smaller than the actual photo. The swimming pool is not actually big, but it is really beautiful when taking photos, as shown above.

The restroom in the hotel spa, for use The hand sanitizer smells great

Disadvantages:
It is close to the main road and there is a lot of traffic. The Sunday night market is on the street downstairs of the hotel. I read some comments on booking that the room will be noisy. In terms of price, the room size is on the small side. Small.

6. Arte House

A very cute little building with only two smaller ones. It was difficult to book a guest room, so we rode a bicycle to sit and drink coffee. The environment was very quiet and charming, and all the supplies in the room had the flavor of time. However, it was located in a relatively remote place outside the city, and the Maya shopping mall was bicycled to the west. It takes about 10 minutes and is surrounded by small courtyards in residential areas.

Walking into his small courtyard, this house is so cute

The disadvantage is that there are only two rooms. According to the reviews on agoda, the room is not very big. More than 400 yuan a night is considered an expensive B&B in Chiang Mai. Moreover, several reviews said that the room and bathroom are very small. Small. But even if you can't stay, it's still very comfortable to come and sit and have a cup of coffee.

7. Anantara

I went there ten years ago, when it was still called Chedi. I had never seen the world at that time. For me, the impression can be said to be amazing. I chose to go there on my birthday, and I also got a birthday cake for afternoon tea. I went back this time and felt that the environmental hardware facilities were well maintained, but the management team should have made adjustments, so there were some changes.

First of all, the room price at Chedi was about 800~900 RMB per night. After changing to Anantara, it was immediately 2K+ per night, and the room facilities have not changed. It is said that the restaurant has been renovated, but I didn’t see it. It’s just that the tableware is antique from before. The British classical style has been replaced by the now slightly internet-famous colors. After changing my name, I immediately opened Weibo. Recently, I saw that Xiyou’s public account was promoting his home’s 2-night room coupon to be faster than 4K, and many Xiaohongshuers posted about his home. I feel that this is the main customer group for marketing. It is aimed at tourists from China, but there has been no significant improvement in service. For example, ten years ago, I sent an email to Chedi to reserve afternoon tea, and I could get a timely reply and confirmation. However, this time I sent an email to the hotel in advance, but nothing happened, and there was no reply to my Weibo message. There was no reply to the private message, so I finally called and made a reservation for afternoon tea after arriving in Chiang Mai. There is a Chinese girl at the front desk.

Based on the current price-performance ratio, I would not choose to stay at my own expense. I went for afternoon tea because of the good impression I had before, but the desserts seemed to be very ordinary customized products and tableware styles. The changes are also very big. I personally recommend that the environment is nice and comfortable to sit in, but don’t have too high expectations. For detailed reviews of the rooms, please see Booking.com. I will not comment here.

8.Inn Oon

This price is the best value for money in the ancient city. I passed the door of the B&B because private houses are not It is convenient to enter the interior. The location is not far from EL and Gord. They are both relatively quiet areas. His house is a small courtyard with a single family. If there are many people, it is recommended to book the entire building. It seems that there are only 3 rooms in total, so you must book in advance. For reservations made over a month ago, for example, I didn’t get it. It has almost zero negative reviews on Booking and Agoda. The only drawback is that you can only pay in cash.

9. Changmei Home

10 I stayed there 2 years ago and 5 years ago. It was very cheap, the room was big, and the location was very good. It was on a quiet road 5 minutes' walk outside Tha Pae Gate. I have the impression that the proprietress is quite enthusiastic, but unfortunately, the two nearby restaurants that I liked when I stayed here and ate there have closed down.
There are free bicycles, but according to recent booking reviews, the room facilities are not very good. The experience may be different depending on the room booked. And at this price, the sound insulation of the room will be relatively poor. There are 3 free-range cats in the B&B. I still remember that I asked the cat’s name before, Bao Bao. I wonder if the current working cat is a descendant of Bao. There are many small restaurants around where locals eat, so you can explore them on your own.

The above are the reviews and recommendations of 9 accommodations in Chiang Mai at various price points. In addition, there are more high-scoring B&Bs or hotels. Welcome to recommend them in the reply if you have stayed well. A little experience sharing is to read guest reviews on booking or Agoda. I will read the negative reviews first. If several negative reviews mention health or service I generally wouldn't choose a hotel with this problem. There are a lot of motorcycles or cars roaring on the streets of Chiang Mai from morning to night. If the room is close to a street with heavy traffic, even some expensive hotels may not have good sound insulation. Bars in areas with dense tourists will also be noisy at night. It may not be a problem for Thais to have music playing until late at night, so choosing a quiet street in a secluded neighborhood is important for people who are sensitive to the environment when sleeping at night.

My favorite hotel in this trip, Raya Heritage, deserves a separate review.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-3 20:46 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.174741 second(s), 30 queries .