Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Baguio City Tour North of Manila, Summer Resort in the Cordillera Mountains

209 0
Post time 2024-5-19 03:31 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Manila/Luzon-Baguio City Tour North of Manila, Summer Resort in the Cordillera Mountains

"Baguio City is located north of Manila and in Benguet Province. It is a mountain city on the Cordillera Mountains. It is known as the summer capital and is a world-renowned summer resort. In The generally hot Philippine Islands have such a good place to escape the heat because this city is located in a high mountain, with an altitude of 1,500 meters. The normal temperature is often around 20 degrees, which is cool and pleasant. Due to the climate characteristics, Baguio is also the only place in the Philippines where pine trees grow. , also known as the City of Pines.

The city is full of old-style Spanish-style buildings built along the mountain. The colorful buildings are in harmony with the flowers in the city, and this mountain city has been named for its beauty. " "Baguio" is originally a dialect, which means scenery. Later, the overseas Chinese in Fujian named it Baguio with the Hokkien homophony, which is exactly in line with the beautiful meaning contained in the Chinese character "Yao"; in the earliest times, Baguio was only a small number of primitive residents. of barren mountains. During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Chinese people gradually immigrated here. After a long period of Chinese-Filipino integration and Spanish colonization, Baguio not only presented beautiful scenery, but also presented a rich and diverse culture; later, U.S. Governor Luke E. .Wright commissioned designer Daniel H. Burnham to build Baguio into a comfortable leisure city. It was originally intended to serve American soldiers and local civilians, but now it is open to the world. With such a historical background, It is not an exaggeration to say that Baguio is made for vacations. ”

The above two paragraphs are the first press release I wrote for the school in the first two weeks when I started working at Anglican High School. The general idea is that the school administrators went to Baguio to recharge before the start of school and come back. In the future, he will be able to contribute more to overseas Chinese education. This kind of news is usually reserved for presidents and celebrities.

So before I went to Baguio, I completed a fictional travel guide to Baguio, so that I could understand Li Shangyin’s mood. There happened to be Heroes' Day on Friday before the start of school, which formed a perfect three-day holiday. A dozen of us who were serving as substitutes in Manila were not familiar with the place, so we organized the only trip together.

For us at that time, the map of the Philippines was still unexplored and dark, with only Boracay Island being a small point of light, but a three-day holiday was simply not enough. I didn’t know that I could go to Tagaytay, Pinatubo or Subic. The only things I knew were the Banaue Rice Terraces that I found on the Internet, and Baguio, which I had written about before. All the local teachers recommended us to go to Baguio; when we first arrived, who knew that there was only one bus to Banaue, a 13-hour journey, and we couldn’t buy a ticket.

The Anglican Church started later than other schools, and since I had nothing to do during working hours, I was responsible for purchasing tickets for this trip. Taking advantage of the morning when the school arranged for us to go to Quezon City for a health check-up, we asked the driver Marlon to drive extra Book your tickets at the bus station. I went to several bus stops, but either I didn’t have a car or a ticket. The bus routes in Manila were controlled by several companies. There was only one company’s bus running on the route to Banaue. Since Heroes Day is a national holiday, The locals had booked all the tickets long ago, leaving only the middle seats, which are temporary seats with a small bench pulled out from beside the original chair and unable to lean back. Except for me, few of my classmates had experience taking long-distance buses. Lin Shen, who went to buy tickets together, couldn't stand it at first, so he had to give up and go to Baguio instead.

But Baguio is also a popular tourist attraction for Filipinos. When we met at the bus station on Friday night, all the buses bound for Baguio were full. We changed bus stops one after another and finally bought After getting the tickets to leave the next morning, everyone went back to school dejectedly, bought Jollibee angrily and took it back to the dormitory to eat. It was one of the few nights when the dormitory was used as a youth hostel, and everyone slept in the room.

The next morning, I got on the bus. After six hours of getting on the bus and sleeping with my head tilted, and then getting off the bus to pay to pee, I finally arrived in Baguio, and spent the next six or three days in a state of confusion with no idea what fun there was. , and after several hours of sleeping with one's head tilted and paying to pee, he returned to Manila to welcome the start of school; Baguio is a mountain town, not a mountain town like Jiufen, it is completely a city, with Manila having a higher altitude and lower temperature, and Our expectations of mountains and rivers are far apart. Locals like to go to Baguio just to escape the summer heat. For us, that fun is almost the same as staying in the room and blowing the air conditioner. Later, my roommates Jianzong and Xiaotian, who served in Pede, went to Banaue and passed by In Baguio, I only stayed for one meal and waited for the transfer.

From this point of view, the distrust of other people’s travel guides is on the same level as current news. As for that press release, I witnessed how a lie was realized; there was absolutely no question of right or wrong in it, it was simply the inability of people to understand each other. We are all such sincere liars, and we can only Occasionally be absolutely honest with yourself, so it's best to always be alone. You have to try your luck to find yourself these days.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 11:24 GMT-8 Processed in 0.162853 second(s), 32 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list