Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Traveling in Vietnam, 10 records of taking the elders to Hanoi and Halong Bay

179 0
Post time 2024-8-3 06:14 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

A day is made up of countless small moments, and the sum of each day forms a day. When I was traveling with my mother and sisters, I thought I was a leader, leading and expanding their worldview. However, through their simple and selfless reactions, I discovered whether I had put too much emotion into my life while growing up. , took it for granted, and inexplicably took myself to be too proud and arrogant. Looking at the various first experiences that happened to them, I was worried that they would be injured, not fed, not sleeping well, and unhappy. I seemed to be on the same page. Got a time machine, but the roles were reversed.

Hanoi-Traveling in Vietnam, 10 records of taking the elders to Hanoi and Halong Bay

The following will faithfully show how the daughters and sisters boldly took their mothers and sisters to fly into the sky together, opening up the connection between mother and the world. After breaking the line of reason countless times, through each other's eyes, they observed this city that is of great significance to us. city ​​of.

So-called mother sisters: When they were young, they were biological sisters who grew up together. Now they are someone's daughter/wife/mother. One person plays multiple roles, just like the current slash life, they They are very adaptable and manage every day. One of them has never been abroad.
The so-called daughters and sisters: I grew up in Taipei and are good travel companions who often go abroad together. They are the daughters of my mother’s sisters.

Record 1: Unique Hanoi

Hanoi-Traveling in Vietnam, 10 records of taking the elders to Hanoi and Halong Bay

Many people often mistake Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city, as the capital of Vietnam, but it is actually Hanoi. Although Hanoi is the capital, it lacks the hustle and bustle of big cities. In the urban area, you can easily enter the simple life of ordinary people. The traces of being colonized by France are also interspersed in Hanoi and the general traditional old life. The architecture forms a unique nostalgic style.

The main tourist attractions are concentrated near Hoan Kiem Lake, reaching the West Lake at most. These attractions can be easily reached by walking or simply taking a ride (rickshaw, mobile phone taxi). The cost is also very cheap, which is very suitable for those who want to take a leisurely tour. People who don’t want to use their feet.

It only takes three hours to drive to Ha Long Bay, which is famous for its World Heritage Site and the Seven Wonders of the New World. Almost all hotels in Hanoi offer package itineraries to Ha Long Bay, which can also be customized according to guests’ requirements. The cost and price are also cheaper and more convenient than arranging it yourself. This travel route is very well developed in the local hotel industry. It would be a pity not to use it.

In addition, local consumption is cheaper than in Taiwan. As long as you bring US dollars to the money exchange, you will instantly become a billionaire and become a temporarily wealthy fake rich man.
For elders (my mother) who are afraid of staying in the cabin for a long time, the flight time from Taiwan to Hanoi only takes three hours, and the snacks provided on the plane have not been eaten before arriving. It is completely suitable for the elders to experience it for the first time.

Record 2: Human Tricycle. Make local friends in just a blink of an eye

This morning's activity was to take a rickshaw ride, which was considered a half-day city tour. The main reason is that we, who are new arrivals, can quickly see what the city looks like. The hotel arranges for one person and one car.

The four uncles who served us were all quite lean and dark-skinned. Wearing wide round hats of the same color as Brother A Bing, they stepped on their feet with a relaxed attitude and wore a slightly shy smile. They appeared on time. The hotel entrance.

When mothers got on the car at first, they were very nervous, whispering that their weight was too heavy and that the uncle would not be able to bear it and could not step on it.

Half an hour after setting off, the mothers told us that the tricycle uncle had traveled to Taiwan and could speak a few basic Chinese words; so they kept chatting up the tricycle uncle in Chinese along the way, and happily took the uncles to ask for photos. It has been replaced by selfless chatting. But I think the Chinese that the uncle can speak should be limited to "Hello", "Thank you" and "You are so beautiful". I will not expose it for the time being. This is the first time for mothers to experience this interesting overseas friendship.

In addition, I really recommend everyone to use the local ride-hailing system (Grab APP) similar to Taiwan’s Uber. Whether you are traveling with elders or not, be sure to download it! Hanoi City has a huge number of cars and motorcycles, as well as chaotic and disorderly traffic. The rules (crossing the road with your life) are scary and really not something we can understand.

The beauty of the ride-hailing system is that you can request a ride at any time, no matter where you are in the city. The system will display the license plate number and fare in real time (you won’t get on the wrong bus and pay cash when you get off). Compared with just waving to stop a taxi on the road, it provides a lot more protection and the chance of not being ripped off; most importantly, the fare is shared by four people. The fare will really make you develop the bad habit of hailing a taxi when you go out.

Record 3: The art and vitality of ordinary people's pursuit of life

When you walk into the ancient streets, you will encounter many bicycle vendors wearing hats. They will combine the goods they sell with bicycles, hanging them here and there like action art, and shuttle through the alleys and streets. Whether they are selling fruits, hats, or water (the grandma with water jars and teapots hanging in the picture), their faces in life brought us into a strong traditional Vietnamese atmosphere.

The mother and sisters said that when my grandfather was young, he used to sell bean curd in the market in this way and raised them. There were hundreds of ways to earn a living, regardless of race or country. This is what humans have in order to continue their lives. Resilience, the most brilliant vitality.

Record 4: Thirty-six Ancient Street. Detonating blood and soul, I can’t wait to leave

The oldest area in Hanoi belongs here. The shops operating here all have a long history, and the entire street is neatly organized and only sells one kind of product. Like a whole street of pots and pans, a whole street of lace cloth, a whole street of glittering gold jewelry... These criss-crossing formations form the very famous thirty-six ancient streets; It also included a large pile of wires hanging in the air that was so tangled that I couldn't figure it out at all.

Before our trip, my mother and sisters heard some rumors about the cheap price of silver jewelry in Vietnam, so they directly put the silver jewelry on their must-buy list! It was a rare occasion for us to come to the interesting Thirty-Six Ancient Street, so we checked the map and did everything we could. After doing their homework, they selected a few routes suitable for mothers to take a look, but everything was ruined as soon as they stepped into the glittering gold jewelry street...

Going abroad for the first time, I hope to buy some small gifts for family and friends around me (including purchasing on behalf of others). This is the persistence of mothers. So we just let go of the ancient street route we had arranged, and continued to return to this ancient gold jewelry street in the next two days of the trip. We spent at least half a day each time, from the street to the end of the street... without missing any shop. Contains temporary tented roadside stalls.

Because we have had this feeling before, it is completely understandable, but we have been in and out of the same store more than 5 times (the boss treated us as VIPs...) Mothers’ first experience with overseas shopping is We underestimated their strength.

Record 5: A paradise for vegetarians and coffee lovers

My mother and sisters are both vegetarians, so we put a lot of effort into arranging three meals this time to avoid the pitiful situation of asking them to bring vegetarian instant noodles to Vietnam. There are many vegetarian restaurants in Hanoi to choose from, and the cooking and use of ingredients are all very unique. Not only mothers can't stop eating, but even carnivorous daughters find them novel and delicious.

Uu Dam Chay, this restaurant is well-known in the local area. The space design and the arrangement of utensils created on the entire floor are Zen-like and elegant. Even before the dishes are served, mothers’ eyes have been fed. In addition to the basic freshness and deliciousness of the ingredients in each dish, the creativity of the food carvers is also added. Almost every dish is praised. ; The most favorite thing among mothers is the hot pot cuisine, which uses many unique local fresh vegetables and spices to create a taste that is rare in Taiwan. This vegetarian restaurant in Hanoi is on the high side, but it’s definitely worth it for a meal that can make you happy both physically and mentally.

Drinking a cup of local coffee in a foreign place is a daily routine for my daughter and sister every time they go abroad. Vietnam is the world's second largest producer of coffee beans, and the density of coffee shops in cities is even higher than that of convenience stores in Taiwan. Some people say that "as long as there are chairs and stools, there are Vietnamese people drinking coffee."

Tranquil Books & Coffee has two stores, one downstairs from our hotel and one in a small alley nearby. This time we visited Tranquil in a small alley. It was not a must-visit coffee shop for us to do homework at first; but it is elegant and quiet, waiting for the right customers as its name suggests. (Tranquil means calm and quiet)

Walking into the narrow alley painted in goose yellow, it is sandwiched at the end of two buildings. The space is high and there is no oppression. Against the background of green potted plants, the French-style dark green carved door is beautifully exposed, tempting us. Push away. This store, which was not in the plan, unexpectedly received the highest score from our consensus. While eating desserts and enjoying a cup of Hanoi coffee with my mother and sisters, it was like the Beatles music slowly flowing out of the vinyl record player in the store. , classic and satisfying! As for the coffee beans, we took away the Vietnamese-flavored Robusta coffee beans.

Record 6: Language. It’s not about being literal but speaking boldly. Slowly. Slowly.

In Hanoi, wherever tourists go, you can basically use English to communicate in simple daily life, except for a few traditional roadside shops, but at least there will be pictures, and you can tell stories through pictures. When traveling, we have always been the exclusive translators for mothers. Occasionally, they are too anxious and take the initiative to attack the locals...

For example: When asking a question in Chinese to a waiter who is speaking in English, and finding that the other person smiles and expresses that he does not understand, the mothers enlarge their expressions and exaggerate into speaking Chinese at a much slower pace than they just spoke, very seriously. Slowly, they continued to speak Chinese, not realizing at all that the languages ​​they were using were completely different; the other party successfully understood the earnest expressions and movements on several occasions (the probability of being fooled was high), and looked at They smiled knowingly at each other, and the mothers were proud of their courage to express themselves. As for how the communication was successful, I think it is not that important.

Record 7: High-standard nanny car, mothers and sisters smile like celebrities

Halong Bay is known as a must-see natural scenery and is also the highlight of our trip. We directly package the entire itinerary to the hotel. We only need to bring a simple change of clothes and snacks for the night, and other large luggage can be stored directly at the hotel. It was nearly a three-hour journey. Before departure, the mothers were worried about motion sickness, discomfort, hunger, going to the toilet and other big and small problems. However, all worries were solved as soon as the car responsible for picking us up arrived.

The hotel sent a luxury six-passenger bus similar to that used by celebrities and entertainers. It was taller than ordinary cars and the seats were like single chairs, one for each person. It was spacious and not crowded. It was comfortable and immediately settled the mothers, and they started to have a carefree ride. chatting, eating snacks, and taking photos. When we take our elders out to play, even if we make careful arrangements in advance and talk about it in all their glory, it can't compare to the happiness they get from seeing it with their own eyes. For transfers from Hanoi to Halong Bay, you can request a car type from your hotel. The additional fees will vary according to each hotel.

Record 8: Halong Bay on a cruise ship. Beautiful like a painting, and we are in the painting

Stepping onto a cruise ship is like stepping into a moving mansion with panoramic ocean views. A large array of people carrying small red drums beat and sang to welcome us as we entered. A group of staff in formal attire, including the chef wearing a pure white hat who was in charge of the meals on board, the stewards who helped you with all the big and small things, and The mobile staff responsible for warming up the place and the home-like service made the entire crew smile shyly from ear to ear.

It was our first time to stay overnight on a cruise ship. We chose the connecting room type (there is a secret door in the middle of the two rooms, which can be connected as long as they are not locked). In order to make it easier to take care of our mother and sisters, and to give them peace of mind (call us) , this is the best choice and is also recommended to friends with elders.

For the cost of overnighting a cruise in Ha Long Bay, we were able to get very high-quality services without worrying about it. So in addition to choosing a higher-end cruise ship, we also requested that the room have a balcony, so that we can enjoy the world heritage in various comfortable postures.

Sitting on the balcony of the room in the early morning, looking at the Halong Bay that has just woken up, she enchants willing travelers with her misty colors.

During the time on the cruise, the staff will arrange some activities, which you can participate in casually, such as: open swimming time in Halong Bay, fried spring roll instruction and freshly fried spring rolls, buy one get one free happy hour at the bar, or you can just lie down.

Halong Bay under the full moon and Halong Bay during the magical hour are the grace of nature. Every angle is breathtakingly beautiful.

The mothers were sometimes intoxicated on the deck chairs, or snuggled together on the bed in the room, watching the layers of huge rocks passing by. It’s amazing how well-behaved I am. I secretly asked my mother, do you like this arrangement? I got a very positive answer; maybe it’s because the natural landscape of Halong Bay is too quiet and peaceful. Looking at my mother’s smiling face, it felt like a warm current was injected into my heart. , I actually want to cry a little bit...

Due to the intensive cruise ship arrivals, local residents started selling groceries on small boats to earn a living. Halong Bay is a masterpiece of nature's uncanny workmanship, and its beauty is breathtaking; but in a certain section of the sea where the cruise ship sailed, an unimaginable amount of garbage was floating on the sea. This is the damage caused by humans. At the moment, we feel guilty and reluctant. Intruders who disturb all this peace, or tourists who drive economic recovery?

Record 9: Stealing time in order to recover the broken thread of sanity

Follow the daily routine of your elders (early to bed and early to rise), seize the golden opportunity and steal time to reward yourself. We usually run away at the end of a day's trip while they are in the hotel room preparing to freshen up and go to bed. It only lasts a few precious hours.

First, treat your taste buds by eating meat and drinking wine to balance the lack of animal protein during the day. Mainly choose roadside stalls not far from the hotel or nearby cafes (not too far away from moms, because they are still on standby).

The most famous thing about this restaurant is the dry rice noodles. It was so delicious that even though we were so tired that we almost fell asleep, we still visited it twice in the middle of the night. We didn’t want to let it go until the shopkeeper started to close shirtless!

The bright orange Pho 10 is extremely popular on the Internet, and even at midnight, the venue was still packed with people. When I serve this bowl at night, what I see in my eyes (the table is full of rich seasoning ingredients), and the original flavor I taste in my mouth, and the tangy Vietnamese aroma, will be the taste I miss the most after returning to Taiwan!

This Viet Cong cafe is a chain store. From the decoration to the clothes of the waiters, it has a strong nostalgic communist military style. It is famous in Vietnam. The store at night is leisurely and refreshing, with a few young girls chatting, a young literary man typing on the keyboard and burying his face in the screen, a foreign blond sitting by the window wearing a tank top, and drinking coconuts from his hands. Milk coffee, the Taiwanese sisters who feel all this.

Record 10: Excellent Hotel Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy

When you are in a foreign place, the importance of a place to stay is like eating Vietnamese rice noodles (Pho), and the essence of the soup is indispensable. A good hotel can take you to heaven. This saying is really true, because when you bring your elders, you must not let your own style slip. When we were in Taiwan, we spent a long time selecting...

1. Located in the old city.

Turning a corner, there is a traditional vegetable market outside, and there are several cafes in the alley. Although it is not in the downtown area, it is convenient for transportation, the overall environment is quiet, and the hotel has new facilities. It is a very suitable place for us to stay. We love the room with a balcony. Whether it is early morning or night, the light and shadow coming in through the floor-to-ceiling windows make people feel that the world is super beautiful.

2. The hotel responded to the letter sincerely and promptly.

We directly chose the one-stop package (Hanoi-Halong Bay) provided by the hotel, which included airport-hotel transfer, Hanoi accommodation, hotel-Halong Bay transfer, Halong Bay accommodation, 45-minute hotel massage/one hotel lunch, water puppet theater tickets/old town sightseeing, etc. As long as we checked in with our luggage and focused on caring for (dealing with) the elders, everything else was taken care of!

3. Free buffet breakfast and a la carte menu every day.

There are many types and they are different every day. You can eat hot rice noodles, fried rice, coffee, etc. The elders are early birds. They can eat directly after getting up and taking the elevator. No matter who they are, they will feel happy.

This time is also a good time for us to have a breakfast morning report with the mothers. Although the itinerary is arranged by us, acting together is a community of life. The resonance of the mothers is also very important. Simply explain the itinerary of the day so that the mothers have a bottom line (to avoid the subsequent attack after the horse). In front of the delicious food, they usually agree happily, without any nagging, nodding like crazy.

4. The service attitude of the staff is professional and enthusiastic.

From check-in to check-out, every staff member I met was very friendly and polite! Because mothers are vegan (onions and garlic are taboos), we always confirm and confirm the meals again and again, even I feel embarrassed, but the service staff did not frown at all, and were even more cautious than us!

5. Massage.

The hotel has its own SPA. Although it is free, the overall service is not neglected at all. For courses, you can also choose according to your own preferences (if you exceed the limit, you will make up the difference). We made an appointment with the hotel and had a massage on the most tiring day of the trip. It was so comfortable that it made people fall asleep. Whether going out or returning to the hotel, the counter staff will personally greet and greet at the door. The basic professional service makes people feel warm.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-9 03:54 GMT-8 Processed in 0.163325 second(s), 33 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list