Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Strategy]

9-day trip to Kyoto, Hakone and Tokyo, Japan, detailed itinerary guide

301 0
Post time 2024-6-4 01:23:43 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

As a tourist destination, Japan is a country that is so perfect that it is outrageous. If it is not beautiful, cute, clean and tidy, it will kill you. Any snack is delicious. The convenient facilities and orderly order are extremely suitable for people with obsessive-compulsive disorder like me. This is a country that makes people want to stay for a long time. I decided to stay until the cherry blossoms are in full bloom and go again.

Itinerary:

Day 1: Spring and Autumn 9C8589 Shanghai Pudong Airport to Osaka (08:25 (Beijing time) - 11:45 (Tokyo time)), Osaka - Kyoto - Fushimi Inari Taisha
Day 2: Kyoto Yasaka Shrine - Sanjusangendo - Yumekan Kimono Dress Up - Kiyomizu Temple
Day 3: Nara Kofuku-ji Temple - Yoshiki-en Garden - Todai-ji Temple - Kasuga Taisha Shrine - Gion
Day 4: Kyoto Heian Jingu Shrine - Kinkaku-ji Temple - Ryoan-ji Temple - Nijo Castle - Shoren-ji Temple
Day 5: Kyoto Ginkaku-ji Temple - Philosopher's Path - Nanzen-ji Temple - Arashiyama Tourist Train - Tenryu-ji Temple - Sagano Bamboo Grove - Okochi Sanso - Jojakko-ji Temple - Nonomiya Shrine
Day 6: Hakone Lake Ashi - Pirate Sightseeing Boat - Hakone Tozan Bus - Hakone Gora Park - Hakone Tozan Train - Hakone Yumoto
Day 7: Tokyo Imperial Palace - Ikebukuro - Shinjuku - Shibuya
Day 8: Tokyo Sensoji Temple - Kamakura - Enoshima - Tokyo Tower - Ginza - Akihabara
Day 9 Spring Autumn 9C8988 Tokyo to Shanghai Pudong Airport (13:20 (Tokyo time) - 15:45 (Beijing time))

Due to various reasons, there are many unreasonable arrangements in the itinerary, and some attractions are boring after visiting, so if God gives me another chance, I will adjust my itinerary as follows:

Day 1 Spring Autumn 9C8589 Shanghai Pudong Airport to Osaka (08:25 (Beijing time) - 11:45 (Tokyo time)), Osaka - Kyoto - Fushimi Inari Taisha
Day 2 Kyoto Sanjusangendo - Yumekan Kimono Dress-up - Kiyomizu Temple - Gion - Nanzenji Temple - Philosopher's Path - Ginkakuji Temple
Day 3 Kyoto Kinkakuji Temple - Ryoanji Temple - Nijo Castle - Shoren-in Temple
Day 4 Kyoto Arashiyama sightseeing train - Tenryuji Temple - Sagano Bamboo Forest - Okochi Sanso - Jojakkoji Temple
Day 5 Nara Isuien - Yoshikien - Todaiji Temple - Kasuga Taisha
Day 6 Hakone Ashi Lake - Pirate Sightseeing Boat - Hakone Mountain Bus - Owakudani
Day 7 Tokyo Imperial Palace - Mitaka Forest Museum - Shibuya - Ginza
Day 8 Tokyo Kamakura - Enoshima
Day 9 Spring and Autumn 9C8988 Tokyo to Shanghai Pudong Airport (13:20 (Tokyo time) - 15:45 (Beijing time))

Travel preparation

Visa

Japanese visas must be processed through qualified travel agencies and cannot be processed by yourself. This is actually a good thing. Having a professional agency to handle it on your behalf can save a lot of effort.

The travel agency I chose was introduced by a friend, so I didn't make any more comparisons: Shanghai Niutuo Travel Store, after submitting the relevant information, it was handled very smoothly.

It should be noted that the travel agency is only responsible for visa processing in the Shanghai consular district, including Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Jiangxi and Anhui. If it does not belong to the Shanghai consular district, a temporary residence permit in these five areas is required.

Visa applicants are divided into two types: premium customers and ordinary customers, and the required information is different. Premium customers must meet any of the following conditions:

1) Original tax bills for the last six months, which can prove that the annual income is not less than 100,000;
2) Social security printouts for the last year + social security website + password + user name, where the monthly payment base is not less than 8333;
3) Records of free travel to developed countries such as Europe, America and Australia within five years;
4) Records of free travel to Japan more than 3 times within five years, or records of free travel to Japan more than 2 times within three years, or records of going to Japan with a Japanese study visa within ten years;
5) Original salary flow details of more than 100,000 yuan per year + proof of employment with more than 100,000 yuan per year;
6) National registered lawyers, accountants, doctors, online registration and practice for more than two years + proof of employment with more than 100,000 yuan per year;
7) Celebrities, senior civil servants.

If any of the conditions are not met, it is an ordinary customer. Premium customers need to provide the following materials:

1) Original passport
2) 2 2-inch ID photos with white background
3) ID card + household registration book copy
4) Other identity proof: retirees provide a copy of retirement certificate, students provide a copy of student ID, married people provide a copy of marriage certificate, and minors provide a copy of birth certificate
5) Application form for going to Japan + consent for personal information processing (download from the website, the application form needs to be printed on both sides)
6) Proof of relevant conditions for premium customers
7) Itinerary or notes (full air tickets and hotel information, if not, just provide a piece of paper with entry time, port and first night stay city)

Ordinary customers The following materials need to be added to the above seven materials:
1) Business license
2) Materials related to companions or reasons for one person's travel
3) Proof of assets (real estate certificate, car ownership certificate, income certificate (front and back of debit card and six-month flow, which can show 30,000 deposits and annual income of more than 100,000) of yourself or your immediate family members). Any one of the asset proofs can be provided, but the more you provide, the higher the chance of passing the visa)
4) After the visa is successfully processed, provide a guarantee of 50,000 yuan per person, which can be frozen through a tripartite agreement. Please consult the travel agency for details

Itinerary

Kyoto: The main destination of my trip is Kyoto, but Kyoto has no airport, so I have to fly to Osaka first and then take the train. If your trip is mainly for sightseeing, it is recommended to go straight to Kyoto after arriving in Osaka, because Osaka is not fun, unless shopping is an important part of your trip, but if you still have to go to Tokyo, then do all the shopping in Tokyo and don't waste precious time in Osaka.

Kyoto is one of the oldest cities in Japan. It is the ancient capital of Japan and a representative of Japanese style. The city is full of ancient temples that blend into the mountains and forests. Kyoto's tours are mainly based on ancient temples. There is no need to worry about getting bored visiting too many ancient temples, because each temple is very different and has its own charm.

The best time to visit Kyoto is March and April, when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, or September and October, when the city is full of maple leaves, but it does not mean that other times are not good. The rest of the seasons are still beautiful.

Kyoto's attractions are distributed in different areas, so you can arrange the tour route according to different areas. If time permits, you can visit every temple in Kyoto, but I only have four days, so I carefully selected a dozen representative ones from hundreds of temples for tours in advance. Of course, you can also re-select according to your preferences.

Day 1: Fushimi Inari Taisha. Because I arrived in Kyoto in the afternoon, I still had half a day to spare, and Fushimi Inari Taisha is located in the south of Kyoto, not in the same direction as other attractions, and it takes a long time to visit, so I took advantage of this half day to arrange this attraction separately;
Day 2: Sanjusangendo-Kiyomizu Temple-Gion-Nanzenji Temple-The Philosopher's Path-Ginkakuji Temple. These attractions are mainly located in the south and north of Higashiyama, Kyoto.
Day 3: Kinkakuji Temple-Tenryuuji Temple-Nijo Castle-Shorenin Temple. The first two attractions are mainly located in the northwest of Kyoto, Nijo Castle is located in Nakagyo Ward, and although Shorenin Temple is also located in Higashiyama, it is suitable for night tours, and the time on the previous day is too tight, so it is arranged on the third day.
Day 4: Arashiyama Sightseeing Train-Tenryuuji Temple-Sagano Bamboo Forest-Okochi Sanso-Jojakkoji Temple. All the attractions on this day are located in the Arashiyama area.
Day 5: Isuien-Todaiji Temple-Kasuga Taisha Shrine. All the attractions on this day are located in Nara.
Hakone: Hakone is a representative of Japan's rural scenery, including mountain views headed by Mount Fuji, hot springs, hotels, Lake Ashi surrounded by mountains, and the torii rising in the lake, which are all iconic scenes of Japan. Although Kawaguchi is the best place to overlook Mount Fuji, Hakone is the hometown of Japanese hot springs, and it is located exactly at the midpoint between Kyoto and Tokyo, so Hakone was chosen as the next stop in Kyoto between Kawaguchi and Hakone. Hakone is not big, and if you are not on vacation, one day is enough.

Tokyo: If you have been to Kyoto, don't waste time on sightseeing in Tokyo, even the famous Sensoji Temple is dim compared to any temple in Kyoto. So the most important thing to go to Tokyo is to see the modern urban scenery of Tokyo, and buy, buy, buy.

Hotel

Kyoto Apartment: I went there during the May Day holiday, which is a national holiday in Japan. So when I started to book a Kyoto hotel a month in advance, I found that both booking and airbnb were fully booked. So my original wish to enjoy a Japanese-style homestay was dashed. In the end, I managed to grab a small apartment on airbnb. This is a bloody lesson. If you want to book a Japanese-style homestay, please book it as soon as possible.

Finally, the apartment I booked on airbnb is called Walkable to All Sites 204. The transportation is very convenient. It is near Gojo, Kawagencho, next to the Kamo River, and it is within walking distance to Kiyomizu Temple. This is an ordinary single apartment with a kitchen and bathroom. At night, I sleep on the tatami in the living room. Although simple, it is clean and tidy, and the facilities are complete. One night is equivalent to about RMB 516, which is very cheap. The amazing thing is that the landlord never showed up from beginning to end. He just sent me an email to tell me the specific address, transportation route and where to keep the keys. I was left to fend for myself. When I left, I just cleaned the room and put the keys back. This is very suitable for people like me who hate dealing with strangers. If you don't have too high requirements for accommodation and have a limited budget, I recommend it.

Tokyo-9-day trip to Kyoto, Hakone and Tokyo, Japan, detailed itinerary guide

Hakone Hotel: The hotel in Hakone is called Hakone Hotel, which is located on the shore of Lake Ashi. Accommodation in Hakone is relatively expensive, and the hotel costs 893 RMB per night. Let's talk about the shortcomings of the hotel first. First of all, it is far from Odawara Station, and you need to take the hotel's free shuttle bus. The shuttle bus must be booked in advance by email or phone. There are only three buses a day, which stop at the west exit of Odawara Station (JR Odawara Train Station). The shuttle bus is a bus, mixed in the parking lot, and it is difficult to find. It is best to get the driver's phone number in advance and contact on the spot. From Odawara Station to Lake Ashi, you need to take a mountain road, which has beautiful scenery, but there are many bends up and down the mountain, so you need to be careful of motion sickness. Another disadvantage is that although the hotel's hot spring can be enjoyed privately for free as long as you make an appointment in advance, it is not the kind of traditional Japanese outdoor hot spring, but an artificial bath on the roof. So if you want to experience traditional Japanese hot springs, it is recommended to book a hotel in Yumoto.

But the hotel only needs one advantage to make you ignore all the above disadvantages. The following picture was taken from the hotel balcony, and the advantages are clear at a glance.

Tokyo hotels: Tokyo hotels are more expensive than Hakone hotels. The hotel we chose after careful selection is called Andon Ryokan, which is relatively cheap at 1,233 RMB per night. The hotel is only a 5-minute walk from Minowa subway station and less than 10 minutes by car from Sensoji Temple. The hotel is decorated in an artistic style, and each room is equipped with tatami (woven straw) floors and traditional Japanese mattresses, but toilets and bathroom facilities are shared.

Transportation

I booked Spring Airlines for round-trip tickets from Shanghai to Japan because it was cheap. The outbound flight from Shanghai to Osaka cost 990 RMB, and the return flight from Tokyo to Shanghai cost 809 RMB, a total of 1799. Although Spring Airlines, as a low-cost airline, always provides you with a worse flight experience, and the return flight was delayed for five hours! But it is cheap. Spring Airlines allows you to choose good seats for an additional fee when checking in. For 70 RMB, you can arrange seats in the safety channel. This is really necessary because the seats on Spring Airlines are too crowded, and ordinary seats can't even stretch your legs straight. But I made a mistake on the return trip because I ran out of yen, and I couldn't choose a seat whether I paid in RMB or by credit card, so remember to prepare yen in advance.

Domestic transportation in Japan is a big problem, and it is also the place where I spent the most effort before the trip, but after doing some homework, I found that it is not as complicated as everyone expected. It is nothing more than trains, subways, buses, and various cards and coupons.
The most important thing is to install the navigation tool Google Map on your phone in advance. No matter where you go, Google Map will clearly show you the route.

The following mainly talks about the transportation in Osaka, Kyoto, Hakone, and Tokyo that I passed through during this trip - Osaka to Kyoto by train, Kyoto by bus, Kyoto to Hakone by train, Hakone area by bus, Hakone to Tokyo by train, Tokyo city by subway. It's that simple. As for the differences between JR, subway, private railway, etc., there is no need to be too clear.

Next, I will introduce the various transportation methods and card coupons I used in detail:

Osaka-Kyoto: Take the JR direct train Kansai Airport Express "HARUKA" to Kyoto at Kansai Airport. What I purchased was the "ICOCA & HARUKA" package. ICOCA is an IC card that can be used for JR (Japan's high-speed rail), subways, private railways, buses and other means of transportation in the Kansai area, as well as for shopping. It includes a 500 yen deposit and 2,000 yen in stored value. HARUKA is a discounted high-speed rail ticket that directly connects Kansai Airport to Tennoji, Shin-Osaka, and Kyoto.

1) Price: This package is only available to foreign tourists. The round-trip ticket price between Osaka and Kyoto is 4060 yen, and the one-way ticket is 3030 yen, which is almost 50% off the original price. So if you want to go from Osaka to Kyoto, this package is the best choice without any other considerations.

2) Date: When purchasing a one-way ticket, you can specify the date of use; the round-trip ticket is valid from the date of activation, and the return trip is valid within 14 days.

3) How to buy: Go to the Kansai Airport JR green window counter on the 2nd floor of Osaka Airport, show your passport and return ticket, and the staff will give you an application form to fill out.

Complete the form and hand it to the staff, then pay in cash. Note that credit cards cannot be used. You can also make an appointment online in advance.

Print out the electronic ticket after making a reservation, but because tickets are generally available, there is no need to make a reservation in advance, you can just buy it on site.

How to use: After buying the ticket, enter the station at entrance B on the opposite side, and insert the ticket into the ticket gate when entering the station. Then find the platform where "HARUKA" is located and wait for the train to arrive. Note that HARURA can only take unreserved seats, that is, there are no designated seats, so you can sit wherever you want.

ICOCA card: KARUKA is invalid after use, but ICOCA card is a stored-value IC card that can be used to take JR (Japan's high-speed rail), subway, private railway, bus and other transportation in the Kansai area, as well as for shopping. When the money inside is used up, you can recharge it at the station's automatic ticket vending machine or convenience store, with a minimum of one thousand, and the rechargeable amounts are: 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 5,000, and 10,000. However, a card can only hold up to 20,000 yen. When leaving Kyoto, you can return the ICOCA card at the station window and get back the 500 yen deposit. A handling fee of 220 yen will be deducted from the balance in the card when the card is returned, but one secret is that you can use the balance in the card in advance. Not a single point is left, leaving them with nothing to deduct.

Kyoto to Fushimi Inari: There is no bus from Kyoto to Fushimi Inari. You can only take the JR Nara Line at Kyoto Station for two stops and get off at Inari Station. You can use the ICOCA card.

Kyoto City: The transportation in Kyoto City is the simplest. After you go out and get on the bus every day, you give the driver 500 yen and buy a one-day pass. You can ride various buses unlimitedly that day. Just swipe the card when you get off. . Of course, if you only take the bus once a day, then swipe ICOCA, or just buy a one-way ticket for 230 yuan. Buying a ticket is also very simple. Prepare coins before taking the bus. You can also exchange coins on the bus. The exchange machine and coin box are set up together. If you put in a 1,000 yen yen, a pile worth 1,000 yen will be spit out. coins, and then insert the coins that should be paid.

Bus stops in Japan are marked with bus arrival times, and buses will arrive strictly on time. Buses are all boarded through the rear door and disembarked through the front door. After the bus stops, the body will tilt about 20 degrees toward the waiting area. Getting on and off the bus is very labor-saving, especially for people with inconveniences. The body will return to level after the door is closed. Location. The bus will not start until all passengers are seated and standing firmly. Before getting off the car, you need to press the get off button in the car. The button is located anywhere in the car and can be reached no matter where you sit.

Kyoto - Nara: It is most convenient to take the Kintetsu Nara Line from Kyoto to Nara. Both JR and Kintetsu can go from Kyoto to Nara, but JR Nara Station is not as close to the scenic spots as Kintetsu Nara Station. We purchased the Nara Ikaruga One-Day Pass at the subway ticket vending machine or subway information office (information desk) in Kyoto Station. If you can’t find it, you can ask a staff member who speaks Chinese. The Ikaruga one-day pass includes all Kyoto subway lines + JR trains + Nara Kotsu bus, and the price is 1,600 yen.

From Kyoto to Arashiyama: One of the most important transportation in Arashiyama is the sightseeing train from Kameoka to Arashiyama. First, buy the train ticket at the JR green window at Kansai Airport Station or choose to buy it at Kameoka Station on the same day. The best ticket number is the even-numbered seat in carriage 5, because carriage 5 is an open-top carriage, and the even-numbered seats are close to the cliffs and rivers, with the best scenery. But generally, carriage 5 still needs to be purchased in advance, and it is difficult to get the best seat if you go there.

After getting on the train at Kyoto Station, the JR Sagano Line is fixed at platforms 32-33, then get off at Mabori, walk to Kameoka Station, and then take the sightseeing train to the terminal. For the return trip, take the JR directly from Arashiyama Station to Kyoto Station.

The one-way ticket is 620 yen. Please note that the sightseeing train stops operating every Wednesday.

From Kyoto to Hakone: From Kyoto to Hakone, you need to take the JR Tokaido Shinkansen to Odawara Station, which costs 4,540 yen. You need to go to a special Shinkansen window in Kyoto to buy it. You will be asked to fill out a form before buying it, and there are guides who can speak many languages, so you don’t need to worry too much.

Hakone: Hakone has the most complicated transportation. There are buses, pirate ships on Lake Ashi, mountain trains, and aerial cable cars. Except for airplanes, there are everything. But Hakone also has a two-day ticket. After getting off at Odawara, take the elevator upstairs to the service center to buy the Hakone Free Pass, which costs 4,000 yen/adult, including all transportation in Hakone.

From Hakone to Tokyo: After arriving at Odawara, transfer to JR's Tokaido Shinkansen, either Kodama or Hikari, to the final stop, Tokyo.

You can also take a long-distance bus from Kyoto to Tokyo, which takes about seven or eight hours. There are daytime and nighttime services, which are much cheaper than the Shinkansen, but people who have taken it say it is very uncomfortable.

Tokyo: The subway in Tokyo is mainly operated by three subway companies, Tokyo Metro, Toei Subway, and JR Subway. Most of the three subway entrances are separate, and there are also some stations where the subway entrances are shared by two or three companies. The routes are the same but most of them are different. They all provide their own one-day PASS, and there are also one-day PASSes for Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway combined, and one-day PASSes shared by the three subway companies. But all this is too troublesome! You only need a SUCIA card, just like the ICOCA card in the Kansai area, which is a stored-value card that can be used wherever you go. SUCIA cards can be purchased at ticket machines or station ticket counters in denominations of 1,000 yen, 2,000 yen, 3,000 yen, 4,000 yen, 5,000 yen, and 10,000 yen. There is a 500 yen deposit, which will be refunded when the card is returned.

Tokyo to Kamakura: Take JR from Shinjuku directly to Kamakura Station [or Kita-Kamakura is also OK]

Kamakura to Enoshima: The best route from Kamakura to Enoshima is to take JR to Ofuna, then transfer to Shonan Monorail to Enoshima Station, because Shonan Monorail is a must experience and can't be missed. Shonan Monorail runs between Ofuna Station and Enoshima Station. It is a suspended monorail with the track above the car body and the car suspended in the air, which is very interesting.

After arriving at Enoshima Station, walk a short distance out of the station and transfer to the Enoshima Electric Railway. The century-old Enoshima Electric Railway runs between Fujisawa, Enoshima, and Kamakura, connecting various scenic spots on the Shonan Coast. This electric railway is world-famous and it is also the one that appeared in "Slam Dunk". For the return trip, you can take Enoshima directly to Kamakura without having to take the large ship.

Tokyo to Ibaraki Airport: My return flight was with Spring Airlines, so I had to take it at Ibaraki Airport. However, there was only one way to get from Tokyo to Ibaraki Airport, which was the airport bus, and reservations needed to be made on this website.

After the reservation is completed, take the reservation form to the Yaesu South Exit of Tokyo Station. The bus waiting area is right outside the door. The queue under the No. 3 sign is waiting to go to Ibaraki Airport. Before the bus leaves, a Chinese lady will appear and come to maintain order when she sees people who seem to be waiting for the bus. Remember to bring your flight itinerary. There will be a discount for buying bus tickets, 500 yen.

Language

As a Chinese, you don’t need to worry about language problems in Japan at all, because there are basically Chinese characters on the signs, and most of them can be guessed. If you really can’t figure it out, it’s not a big problem to find a staff member to communicate in simple English, or type out Chinese characters on paper or on your phone, and the other party can understand what you want to ask.

The biggest problem is ordering. If the restaurant you enter has only Japanese menus, and there are only texts on the menu without pictures, you can wait to grope in the dark.

Communication

Since Japan uses CDMA2000 and WCDMA 3G network standards, if your mobile phone is of these two standards, you can activate international roaming and bring it to Japan for use (PS: If not, you can also rent a mobile phone). If you don't want to activate roaming, you can also buy a phone card. You can buy one of the three types: Sakura Card, Daruma Card, and Japan B-Mobile Card.

Of course, if there are many people, the most convenient way is to rent a mobile wifi. I booked a mobile wifi through Niutuo Travel Network, where I applied for a visa. I can choose which airport to pick up and return the machine, and pay a deposit of 500 when picking up the machine.

Shopping

In Japan, you must manage your wallet well. In any street, scenic spot or shopping mall, you will not be able to suppress your desire to shop, whether it is souvenirs, luxury goods, cosmetics or food.

In Japan, you mainly buy various souvenirs and specialty foods. Each scenic spot has a variety of beautiful souvenirs, such as painted horses and amulets (amulets), which are excellent choices for keeping and giving as gifts. And remember one thing, if you see a souvenir you like, you must act decisively, and never dream of buying it elsewhere. The souvenirs of each scenic spot are different, unlike the souvenirs of all scenic spots in China, which are mass-produced in Yiwu Small Commodity Market.

In addition, I personally feel that you don't need to look for the food recommended in the guide in Japan, because there is really no food that is not delicious. The Japanese are so particular about food that it is outrageous. Even the bento sushi bought casually at FamilyMart, Lawson, and 7-11 are delicious, not to mention the various bento in the station. Once you see them, you can't walk.

The must-buy in Japan is Uji Matcha dessert in Kyoto. There are good matcha shops in Gion, which are the best choices for souvenirs.

Remember to buy Heimu Kakiha Sushi in Nara. The store is next to JR Nara Station, next to the road you must pass. My friend and I bought a large box as a midnight snack when we left Nara, but accidentally left it outside.

The must-buy food in Tokyo also includes Shiroi Koibito, Tokyo Banana, French Fries Brothers, Royce Raw Chocolate, Matcha flavor, Sakura flavor Nestle Kit Kat, etc. Generally, you can buy it at the duty-free shop at Tokyo's Haneda Airport, so you don't need to buy it in advance and carry it with you. But there is only a small duty-free shop at Tokyo Ibaraki Airport, where you can only buy Royce Raw Chocolate, nothing else.

In fact, you don't have to be too obsessed with these souvenirs that Chinese people are flocking to, because there are so many Japanese delicacies that you can explore on your own.

For other things, you can mainly buy three types of stores: Matsumoto Kiyoshi for drugstores, Isetan for cosmetics and luxury goods, and Yodobashi for electrical appliances. These stores basically have chain stores in major commercial centers in Japan, and there will be shopping guides who understand Chinese, and you can handle tax refunds on the spot, which is very convenient, but remember to bring your passport.

Kimono transformation

Of course, you have to try kimono transformation when you go to Japan. There are four main kimono transformation stores in Kyoto: Nishijin Ori Kimono Hall, Okamoto, Dyeing Artisan, Yumekan, etc. The price of kimono transformation ranges from 3,000 yen to 6,000 yen. The more expensive the price, the better the quality of the kimono. Because wearing a kimono is a huge project, especially for girls who want to do their hair, kimono stores need to make appointments in advance, otherwise it may not be your turn to go on site.

We booked the Dream House, which was very satisfactory in terms of both service and equipment. The address is 128, Manjuji-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto City, 10:00-20:00 (latest entry time: 18:00, latest return time: before 19:30 on the same day or before 17:00 the next day). Kimono rental starts at 2,500 yen, and hair accessories start at 1,500 yen.

One thing to note about kimono transformation is that you must wear underwear. . . . No joke.

In addition, if you want to know more about Kyoto kimono transformation, please follow the WeChat public account: Sakura Dream Tour of Japan. In addition to the detailed guide of kimono transformation, there are also various personal experiences of eating, drinking and having fun in Japan.

Other precautions

1) Many shrines and temples in Japan require you to take off your shoes and enter barefoot, so remember to wear a pair of good socks, otherwise you will be embarrassed.
2) There are almost no trash cans on the streets of Japan, and they can only be found in stations, public toilets and other places, so remember to bring some trash bags with you.
3) It is forbidden to make phone calls on buses and subways in Japan. First, it is to avoid disturbing others. Second, Japanese cars are equipped with pacemakers. To avoid the influence of mobile phone signals on pacemakers, it is also necessary to avoid using phones.

Specific itinerary

Day 1 Shanghai-Osaka-Kyoto-Fushimi Inari Taisha, 8:25 Spring and Autumn 9C8589 Shanghai Pudong Airport to Osaka, a total of 2 hours and 20 minutes. The time difference between Japan and China is one hour. Japan entry card and luggage card will be issued on the plane. Both forms need to be filled out before entering the country. The filling method is as follows:

After arriving in Osaka, I picked up the "ICOCA & HARUKA" package I had booked online in advance at the airport, and took the JR to Kyoto using HARAKU.

After arriving in Kyoto, I still had a long day, so I left my luggage at the luggage storage at Kyoto Station. There are two types of luggage storage at Kyoto Station. One is a coin-operated locker that requires 100-yen coins. The fee varies depending on the size of the locker, about 300-700 yen/day. The other is a manual storage, located on the first floor underground near the main entrance. Manual storage is cheaper than coin storage.

After storing the luggage, I continued to use the ICOCA card in Kyoto Station to take the JR Nara Line to Inari Station. After exiting Inari Station, walk a few steps to the left and you will see Fushimi Inari Taisha.

Fushimi Inari does not require a ticket. It is located at the foot of Inariyama in the south of Kyoto. It enshrines Inari, the god of agriculture who blesses business prosperity and abundant harvests, and there are various stone statues of foxes. In addition to the shrine, the most famous thing about Fushimi Inari is the 4-kilometer-long Thousand Torii Gate, which is one of the most representative attractions in Japan and has also appeared in the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha". It takes about two hours to walk slowly from the bottom to the top and then from the other side. Many people will be scared by the crowds in the Torii Gate, but in fact, as long as you climb up the mountain, there will be fewer and fewer tourists. There was a long section where I was almost the only one.

Fushimi Inari is definitely one of the most worthwhile attractions in Kyoto, and you should set aside at least half a day to enjoy it carefully.

After visiting Fushimi Inari, I took the JR back to Kyoto Station, and then took a bus to the apartment I booked to rest.

Day 2 Kyoto Yasaka Shrine - Sanjusangendo - Yume-kan Kimono Dress-up - Kiyomizu Temple

Yasaka Shrine: On the second day, I met up with a group of friends who arrived in Kyoto earlier. The meeting place was right in front of Yasaka Shrine. Yasaka Shrine is located in Gion and is the headquarters of about 3,000 Yasaka Shrines across Japan. But as a tourist attraction, it has no special features. If you have limited time, you can skip it.

Sanjusangendo Hall: Tickets cost 600 yen. This is our second stop. There are a large number of Japanese national treasures and cultural relics, including 1,001 Thousand-armed and Thousand-eyed Guanyin statues and 28 standing statues. The main hall dedicated to the Guanyin statue is one of the longest wooden buildings in Japan. Please note that photography is prohibited in Sanjusangendo Hall. As for this attraction, my friend said, you have to kneel to enter.

Yume-kan: After visiting Sanjusangendo, it was time for us to change into kimonos. We booked Yume-kan and spent almost an hour choosing kimonos and changing into them. Then we took the bus to Kiyomizu-dera Temple wearing wooden clogs (actually plastic).

Kiyomizu-dera Temple: Tickets are 300 yen. Kiyomizu-dera Temple is a temple with a history of more than a thousand years. It was built in 778, earlier than Kyoto. It is located on the hillside of Otowa Mountain in the eastern part of Kyoto. To get to Kiyomizu-dera Temple, you need to pass through the famous Ninenzaka or Sannenzaka, with ancient shops on both sides, but there are too many tourists. The most famous Kiyomizu stage in the temple is one of the best places to overlook the scenery of Kyoto. It is also a beautiful scenery in itself, but it was under maintenance when we went there, and it was a pity that it was completely surrounded. There is a waterfall in the temple with three streams, representing longevity, academic success and smooth love. When praying, you can only choose one to drink and can only drink one sip, but there are many people queuing. There is also a Jishu Shrine above the main hall, which is the most famous shrine for praying for love in Japan.

After visiting Kiyomizu Temple, we returned to Yumenagaya to return the clothes, and the full-day trip ended.

Day 3 Nara Kofuku-ji Temple - Yoshikien Garden - Todaiji Temple - Kasuga Taisha Shrine - Gion

On the third day, we planned to visit Nara. We finally found a Chinese staff member at Kyoto Station to take us to buy a one-day ticket for Ikaruga, and then boarded the Kintetsu Nara. It should be emphasized here that Nara Kintetsu Station is closer to the scenic area than Nara JR Station, so please take the Kintetsu. Next to the Kintetsu Station is the Nara Pedestrian Street. After walking to the main road, walk to the right and enter Nara Park. The Nara deer that you are most looking forward to will appear in the woods on both sides of the road. You can buy deer biscuits to feed them, 150 yen a pack. The deer in front look bored when they see people because there are many people feeding them. You can go to the depths of the park to feed them. The deer there look like they are kneeling and licking because there are few people feeding them. When they see people, they start to bow and ask for food.

Kofukuji Temple: The first stop is Kofukuji Temple, a five-story pagoda that was first built in 730 AD. However, you cannot enter the temple, so you can only take pictures outside.

Yoshiki Garden: Actually, I was going to Isuien Garden, which is one of the most famous Japanese gardens in Japan. But because the ticket to Isuien Garden is very expensive, I gave up. But by chance, I found Yoshiki Garden next to Isuien Garden, which is free for foreigners to enter. You can enter as long as you show your passport, so I went in to take a look. I didn't expect to be amazed at a casual glance. This is a quiet place with ponds, moss, pavilions, teahouses, and camellias. The blooming flowers are amazing.

Todaiji Temple: Tickets are 500 yen. Todaiji Temple is the world's largest wooden building. Inside the temple is a large Buddha statue over 15 meters high - Vairocana Buddha. There is a pillar on the right side of the temple. There is a hole in the middle of the pillar. If you go through it, you will have good luck. However, the size of the hole is limited, so only children can go through it. But there are also adults who are not afraid of death who try. The entire Todaiji Temple is nothing special except that it is big.

Kasuga Taisha Shrine: Tickets are 500 yen. Outside the shrine is a 5-kilometer-long approach, covered with moss and flanked by towering cedar and birch trees. Outside the shrine are thousands of stone lanterns of all sizes, as well as deer hiding in the woods. Tickets are required to enter the shrine, and you must take off your shoes to enter. You are not allowed to take photos. It takes about 20 minutes to walk around the shrine.

After visiting Kasuga Taisha Shrine, we took the bus back to the station and took the Kintetsu back to Kyoto.

Day 4 Kyoto Heian Shrine - Kinkakuji - Ryoanji - Nijo Castle - Qingrenji

Originally, I made an agreement with my friend to visit Kinkakuji Temple and Tenryuji Temple, but because the agreed meeting time was late, I went to Heian Shrine alone before meeting.

Heian Shrine: Ticket price is 600 yuan. It was built in 1895. Heian Shrine enshrines the first and last emperor of Kyoto. Behind the main hall is a large sacred garden, which is mainly a courtyard centered on four ponds and has no special features.

Kinkakuji Temple: Tickets are 400 yen. Kinkakuji Temple is famous for the novel of the same name by Yukio Mishima. The monk in "The Wise One" also practiced here. The current building was restored after it burned down in 1950. The temple itself is not big. It is a three-story pavilion decorated with gold foil. Next to it is the mirror lake. The magnificent Kinkakuji Temple reflected in the mirror lake is a representative of Kyoto. You must go to Kinkakuji Temple when it just opens or is about to close, otherwise it will be crowded and it will be difficult to take a good photo.

Ryoanji Temple: Tickets are 500 yen. Ryoanji Temple is not far from Kinkakuji Temple and can be reached on foot. This garden is mainly for dry landscape, with white sand in the garden, and 15 stones of different sizes lying quietly on the white sand. Tourists have filled the viewing steps.

Nijo Castle: Tickets are 600 yen. After saying goodbye to my friends, I went to Nijo Castle alone. Nijo Castle was built in 1603 and was the residence of the first Tokugawa Shogun, Tokugawa Ieyasu, so the overall building is extremely grand. The building is divided into five parts, each of which consists of several rooms. You need to take off your shoes to visit. Outside the building is the famous Ninomaru Palace Garden, which is also not to be missed.

Shoren-in Temple: Tickets are 500 yen. Shoren-in Temple itself is not special, but its nighttime worship is a real treat. Every visitor who comes to worship at night will receive a lantern, and then walk into the quiet courtyard, sit under the corridor and watch the changing blue lights in the courtyard. There are also torii, bamboo forests, and maple trees in the back mountain, which are wonderful under the night light.

Day 5 Kyoto Ginkakuji - Philosopher's Path - Nanzenji - Arashiyama Sightseeing Train - Tenryuji - Sagano Bamboo Forest - Okochi Sanso - Jojakkoji - Nonomiya Shrine

The itinerary for the last day was crazy. Originally, it was only planned to go to Arashiyama for a day trip, and Ginkakuji and Nanzenji were not included in the tour arrangement. But the night before, I suddenly wanted to go and see it, so I got up early and rushed to Ginkakuji.

Ginkakuji: Tickets are 500 yen. It was a villa ordered to be built by the supreme ruler Ashikaga Yoshimasa in the late 15th century, imitating the Kinkakuji built by his grandfather. After Ashikaga Yoshimasa died, according to his will, the villa was converted into a temple, which is an extremely exquisite temple.

Philosopher's Path: Philosopher's Path is a streamside path connecting Ginkakuji Temple and many other temples. It is about 2 kilometers long and is a famous cherry blossom viewing spot in Kyoto. The name comes from the fact that Kitaro Saiten, a philosophy professor at Kyoto University, used to walk and meditate here. Although there were no cherry blossoms when I went there, I was still moved by its tranquility.

Nanzenji Temple: Nanzenji Temple is one of the largest temples in Kyoto. It mainly includes the ancient mountain gate, the abbot's courtyard, the Leaping Tiger Garden, etc. In addition, there are many other branch temples. Due to limited time, I did not visit all of them.

Sightseeing train: After visiting Nanzenji Temple, go to Kyoto Station and take the JR Sagano Line. Again, the JR Sagano Line is fixed at platforms 32-33. Take JR to Mahori, and then walk for ten minutes to Kamegang Station. There is no need to worry about finding the way, because most of the people who get off there are going to Kamegang, so just follow the large group. After arriving at Guigang, you can take the sightseeing train. I made a mistake here. After arriving at Guigang Station, I discovered that the ticket I purchased earlier had a boarding time, and I had missed the time. Fortunately, I could still get on the bus, but I couldn't sit according to my seat. I stood all the way in the open-air car No. 5. Fortunately, someone got off the train and I could still sit. The train itself is beautiful, but the scenery is just average.

Tenryuji Temple: Tickets are 600 yen. Take the sightseeing train to the terminal station, and then walk to the various scenic spots in Arashiyama, which takes about 10 minutes. The scenic spots in Arashiyama are basically in one area. My first stop was Tenryuji Temple, which is very large, with temples, water, mountains, fish, and dry landscapes.

Sagano Bamboo Grove: Go out from the right door of Tenryuji Temple and you will reach the Sagano Bamboo Grove, a secluded place with bamboo paths.

Okochi Sanso: 1,000 yen. This is probably the most expensive attraction on this trip. Okochi Sanso is a large garden built by Okochi Fujiro, a famous actor in the early Showa period of Japan. After entering the garden, you can first enjoy a free cup of matcha and snacks, and then start to slowly climb along the mountain path in the lovely scenery. From the top, you can overlook the entire Kyoto.

Jojakkoji Temple: Tickets are 400 yen. As its name suggests, the temple is very quiet and famous for its maple leaves and pagodas.

Nonomiya Shrine: It appeared in the classic literary work "The Tale of Genji". It is a small shrine with a beautiful moss garden. The ema and amulets have a strong Genji style. It is a famous place for seeking marriage.

After visiting Nonomiya Shrine, we returned to Kyoto.

Day 5: Kyoto-Hakone

We left Kyoto and headed for Hakone by Shinkansen early in the morning. After getting off at Odawara Station, we finally found the hotel's free shuttle bus and headed to the hotel on the shore of Lake Ashi.

Pirate Ship on Lake Ashi: After storing our luggage at the hotel, we started to go out for sightseeing. The first stop was to take a pirate ship on the shore of Lake Ashi. The pirate ship cruises at three ports on the shore of Lake Ashi: Togendai Port, Hakone-machi Port, and Moto-Hakone Port. From Lake Ashi, you can overlook the magnificent natural scenery of Hakone surrounded by mountains.

Gora Park: Take the pirate ship to Taoyuantai Port, and then take the cable car to Owakudani, the most famous attraction in Hakone. Unfortunately, I encountered volcanic activity in the Hakone area, and the Owakudani scenic area was completely closed, which was heartbreaking. I had to take a bus to Gora Park instead. Gora Park is a French-style park with flowers blooming all year round. When I went there, it was full of wisteria and azaleas.

Hakone Tozan Train: After leaving Gora Park, take the Hakone Tozan Train to Hakone Yumoto, and then take the bus back to Moto-Hakone Port. The scenery along the way is actually nothing special, but the mountain train is very fascinating.

Day 6 Hakone-Tokyo

Mount Fuji: I woke up early this morning and opened the window facing Lake Ashi. I saw Mount Fuji surrounded by mountains from afar. I screamed immediately. I couldn't see anything the day before because it was cloudy. After packing up, I went out and walked along Lake Ashi from Moto-Hakone Port to Hakone Town. The scenery along the way was beautiful, and I could see Mount Fuji between the lake and the mountains from different angles.

Imperial Palace: After checking out of the hotel, take the hotel shuttle bus to Odawara Station and transfer to the Shinkansen to Tokyo. The first stop in Tokyo is the Imperial Palace, because it is right next to Tokyo Station. Walking around the city along the moat, the walls of Edo Castle are still visible. Reservations are required to visit the Imperial Palace Inner Garden, and applications are valid within one week. When applying, you must fill in the tour route, tour date, visit representative and companion information. You will receive a notification email after the application is completed. The tour time is about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The Inner Palace is open for visits on January 1 and the Emperor's birthday (December 23).

After checking in at the hotel, I set off to Tokyo's commercial center to help people buy all kinds of drugstores, cosmetics, electrical appliances and daily necessities. I originally planned to go to Shibuya and Ginza, but I couldn't buy them all, so I visited all the commercial centers in Tokyo in two days: Shibuya, Ginza, Akihabara, Shinjuku, and Ikebukuro.

Shibuya: One of the most prosperous areas in Tokyo, the huge crossroads in front of Shibuya Station is very famous. It is the intersection with the largest traffic in the world. Every time the green light comes on, the surging crowd will cross the road from all sides at the same time, coupled with the numerous huge advertisements and screens in the surrounding commercial areas, showing a busy urban feeling. The famous bronze statue of Hachiko is just outside JR Shibuya Station.

Ginza: Ginza is one of the three famous streets in the world, gathering flagship stores and high-end fashion stores of world-renowned luxury brands. If you want to buy luxury goods, come to Ginza, you will see Chinese women carrying Chanel, Prada, Armani, and LV in their hands all over the street.

Akihabara: Akihabara is a commercial center in Japan that mainly sells home appliances and computers. It is also a must-visit place for anime fans. There are a large number of video game centers and anime malls, and various cosplay girls can be seen everywhere on the streets.

Shinjuku: Shinjuku was a famous red-light district in the Edo period. Today, Shinjuku is one of the three major centers in Tokyo. In addition, the famous Kabukicho is also located in Shinjuku.

Ikebukuro: Ikebukuro is a shopping destination in Tokyo. Whether it is cosmetics, drugstores, luxury goods or electrical appliances, everything is available. Ikebukuro is also a stop that anime fans cannot miss. The headquarters of Animate, an anime and game franchise store, is in Ikebukuro, and BOOK OFF, Tokyo's largest second-hand audio, game, comic, and book specialty store, is also here.

Day 7 Tokyo-Kamakura-Enoshima

Sensoji Temple: The arrangement for this day is mainly Sensoji Temple and Kamakura. Sensoji Temple is the oldest ancient temple in Tokyo. The mountain gate with two huge lanterns is the entrance to Sensoji Temple-Kaminarimon, which is one of the symbols of Asakusa and even the whole of Japan. You can see the main hall of Sensoji Temple by crossing the long shopping street. There is a 53-meter-high five-story pagoda in the southwest corner of the temple. In the northeast corner is the Asakusa Shrine, which was built in the Heian period. It is a must-see attraction in Tokyo, but if you have already visited the beautiful ancient temples in Kyoto, Sensoji Temple will not be worth your attention.

Enkaku-ji Temple: After leaving Senso-ji Temple, I went straight to Kamakura. There was only one reason for going to Kamakura - my idol Yasujiro Ozu. Many of Ozu's movies took place in Kamakura, and his home was also in Kamakura. After his death, he was buried in Kamakura Engaku-ji Temple. So when I arrived in Kamakura, I went straight to Engaku-ji Temple. Engaku-ji Temple itself is an ordinary temple. There is a cemetery in the temple. In the cemetery, there is the tomb of Yasujiro Ozu, in addition to the tombs of movie celebrities such as Tanaka Kinuyo and Kinoshita Keisuke. Interested tourists can go and look for them.

Enoshima: Enoshima is a coastal island connected to the mainland. It has appeared in many Japanese film and television works. The most famous one is "Slam Dunk High School". Enoshima Electric Railway is the train that the Shohoku basketball team takes to Ryonan High School for a practice match. When you take the Enoshima Electric Railway to Kamakura High School Mae Station, you will see Sakuragi with a shoulder bag waiting for the green tram to pass by at the intersection in the opening of "Slam Dunk". After passing by, Akagi Haruko will be waving at the opposite side. Don't worry about not finding it, because many anime fans come here for pilgrimage almost every day. A few dozen meters above the intersection is Kanagawa Shonan High School, which is the prototype of Ryonan High School in the cartoon.

Tokyo Tower: After returning to Tokyo, I went to Tokyo Tower for a pilgrimage. This red and white iron tower was built based on the Eiffel Tower in Paris and is one of the symbols of Tokyo. There is an observation deck on the tower, where you can have a panoramic view of the entire Tokyo metropolis. When the weather is fine, you can see Mount Fuji in the distance.

Originally, I had planned to visit the Mitaka Forest Art Museum, which is the animation museum of Studio Ghibli created by Hayao Miyazaki. Tickets for the museum are completely reserved, and you need to buy a reservation ticket for a specified date and time in advance. Usually, tickets for the next month are sold on the 10th of each month. You can find a purchasing agent on Taobao in advance, or buy them at the local Lawson convenience store in Japan. I had asked a Japanese friend to buy the ticket, but I accidentally lost it. I couldn't buy a ticket for the day when I went to Lawson, so I had to give up. It was an unfinished dream.

Day 8 Tokyo-Shanghai

This day is the day to leave Japan. First, I came to the Yaesu South Exit of Tokyo Station. Under the No. 3 sign outside the door is the place to wait for the Ibaraki Airport bus.

Spring Airlines has strict regulations on luggage. You can only bring one piece of luggage on the plane. The total amount of checked and carry-on luggage cannot exceed 15 kilograms. The excess will be charged at 75 yuan/kilogram, which is very expensive. Of course, you can buy luggage vouchers on the official website in advance, but here is a shameless way to save money. When checking in, hide the excess luggage aside, and ask a friend to help look after it or leave it in a locker. Only take 15 kg of luggage to check in. After checking in, take the luggage out and go through security to board the plane. Although Spring Airlines will tie a paper tape on the checked luggage and not on the unchecked luggage, no one actually checks it.

Ibaraki Airport is very small. There is only a very small duty-free shop in the Spring Airlines terminal. You can't buy anything good except Royce's raw chocolate. So if you want to buy souvenirs, you still have to buy them in advance.

In addition, Spring Airlines is habitually delayed. Our flight was delayed for five hours, but fortunately, the overseas travel insurance I bought included a delay insurance, so the insurance company compensated a few hundred yuan in the end. So insurance is very important, and you must not save money on insurance.
That's it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-3 20:40 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.218016 second(s), 31 queries .