Return to list Post a new post

[Attractions]

Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Maeklong Railway Market Walking Tour

269 0
Post time 2024-8-7 00:38 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Since I wanted to go to the Floating Market and Maeklong Railway Market, but they were far away from downtown Bangkok, I had to go with a group. KKDay had an exclusive custom-made group, so I signed up. However, it was not possible to sign up temporarily. It must be a week before departure. Registration must be completed online.

The interior of the car is very thoughtful. It is all covered with leather and is made of gold color. There are diamonds in some small places. There is a small table in front of each seat. As soon as you get on the car, everyone will have a small lunch box and mineral water. Water, the lunch box contains a pack of biscuits, a small cake, and a pack of toilet paper.

Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Damnoen Saduak Floating Market

The first attraction is Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Due to the influx of Tourists today and Saturday, the waterway is just like the land route in downtown Bangkok. There is a classic traffic jam. Here is a big boat jam with busy traffic. Some relatively small waterways are crowded together. If the boat next door happens to be from the same country, we can greet each other and exchange cameras to take pictures, and then exchange LINEs (love to joke).

Bangkok-Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Maeklong Railway Market Walking Tour

The floating market is like a floating mall. Anything you can think of can be sold on the boat. For tourists, I think food and drink are more attractive. If it is selling souvenirs or art, I think It will take a little time and take a lot of trouble to bring back.

We chose a boat with a mechanical engine and a boat with a sunshade. The Thai sun was shining brightly at the end of November, and there were some shades. A little shade would prevent us from getting sunburned and tanned during the one-hour voyage, so we went there every day. I personally spent 250 on a top-notch boat.

Our Ah Zhong, who has the best appetite, sits in the bow of the boat, which is tailor-made for him. As long as it is a boat selling food, he will almost never let it go. The boat even turned around twice to go back to chase the one he wanted. We kept eating at the boat stall, eating spring rolls, coconut water, coconut ice cream, fried spring rolls, rice noodle soup, kebabs...

I would like to remind everyone that when you come to the floating market to buy things, you can negotiate prices. For example, coconut water can be reduced from 50 yuan to 40 yuan. If you can't reach an agreement and leave, most of the vendors will be willing to compromise because you don't know when it will be available. When buying the next ship, there is probably room for negotiation.

Because we kept buying so much, the boatman who took us there looked proud and bright in front of a stall. At first he was cool and didn't talk much, but later he started singing happily.

Our boat driver doesn't like to block small roads, so we spent half the time on the large waterway. It was originally a cruise ship, but it was like racing on a floating market, which was quite enjoyable.

Maeklong Railway Market Maeklong Market

The reason why I signed up for this tour in the first place was the Maeklong Railway Market. The moment when the train comes in and out is so interesting, and it is also an internationally renowned scene. Therefore, I made it my first Trip to Thailand and made it a pilgrimage destination. .

The stalls extend along the railway, and the awnings on both sides cover almost the entire railway, making it a street without sight. From the outside, you can hardly find a railway. The products of each shop are close to the railway track, making it look like a street. There is a vegetable market with no end in sight.

We were watching the afternoon show. We arrived at the scene at about two o'clock. We arrived early enough to have enough free time to visit the market and understand the environment and product content in the market.

We stepped on the gravel of the railway track and visited the railway market. Most of the goods inside were raw materials, such as vegetables, meat, and various fruits. I think the product orientation is based on the needs of local people. I am happy to see local people Or maintain the traditional market type.

In fact, it is a dilemma. If local vendors want to earn money from the huge tourists, they can think about the needs of tourists. Just like it is difficult for me to buy vegetables or fresh meat, what is more suitable for my needs is to be able to solve it locally. The food does not involve the issue of preservation, and it is mainly products that are easy to take away.

Before the train arrives, a broadcast will be played to remind stallholders to quickly clear away the goods that will be scratched by the train and to move back to a safe distance. Then, the awnings will be lowered in an instant, and the buried railway will be completely revealed in an instant.

At about 2:20, all the vendors on both sides of the railway line dispersed, replaced by tourists who poured out to take advantage of each other. Some tourists were not afraid of death and stood on the railway track, or did not retreat to a safe distance. Fortunately, the train was moving very slowly in this section, and the whistle was blaring loudly. Unless one wanted to commit suicide, people would still have their natural instinct to escape.

After the train pulled into the station at a snail's pace, the vendors quickly put down their sheds, and the entire railway track disappeared in an instant, returning to the noisy and invisible vegetable market.

Elephant Village Elephant Village

I came to Thailand when I was a child, and I remember riding an elephant at that time. Unfortunately, I didn’t leave much of an impression, so I followed the itinerary to experience it today.

The tour guide said that in the past, only royals could ride elephants. In history, elephants were even used to fight wars. Just like in the history of Myanmar and Thailand, several wars were fought with elephants.

The cost of a ride is about 600 baht. The elephant walks very slowly and every step is very cautious. There will be no discomfort or bumps when sitting on it. There is even a section of crossing the stream, and you can spend it safely.

I asked the mahout about the age of the elephant, and he replied that it was 45 years old. I was shocked when I heard this number, and I couldn't bear it. Every step it took was weak, and it was still doing hard work at a young age.

This will be the last time I ride an elephant in my life. Animals should live freely in a primitive environment and should not live for performance. I deeply apologize to you and want to say thank you for your hard work. I will do my best to use the next few days to continue to convey this belief through articles and speeches and oppose animal entertainment.

Asiatique the Riverfront

Finally, we were placed at Asiatique The Riverfront, a night market at the Riverfront Pier. It was originally an important hub terminal. After its decline, the original old warehouse was renovated and turned into a shopping street. It is very similar to the American Village in Okinawa and can satisfy the needs of tourists. Shopping, dining, entertainment and other needs can be regarded as a very successful urban renewal case.

The entire shopping mall occupies a large area, and the shops probably only open in the evening. It is recommended that you come at sunset, and you can look at the night view of the city on the Chao Phraya River and the dazzling blur of prosperity on the other side, which looks quite leisurely.

I think the architectural design of the mall is quite unique, with different styles. Every corner you visit displays a different style. There are some cheap cultural and creative products, which are suitable for giving away as souvenirs.

I think the shops here are very easy to browse. We didn’t hesitate to buy them. When we returned, our hands were full of loot. We took the ferry back to the city and then took a taxi back to the hotel because we bought too much.

I was very happy to have signed up for KKday's one-day tour in advance, which allowed us to go to the suburbs at a relaxed pace without the fatigue of Traveling. We visited Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Maeklong Railway Market as we wished, and provided us with a trip to Bangkok. friends for reference.

Because the itinerary is very loose and I don’t visit too many scenic spots, I have plenty of free time. I won’t have the unreal feeling of just passing by, and I won’t have the irritability of being in a rush all the time. I have enough time to go to all the places. Get a feel for the place.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-19 08:53 GMT-8 Processed in 0.289437 second(s), 40 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list