Return to list Post a new post

[Attractions]

Singapore night scene and nightlife bars, Clarke Quay surrounding attractions

126 0
Post time 2024-8-10 22:41 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

In hot Singapore, nightlife is the focus of local people's life! Singapore's nightlife is really developed, and almost every district has unique nightclubs and bars. Clarke Quay is a must-visit nightlife attraction for tourists. It spent 1.8 billion to transform the former warehouses and old buildings into innovative open-air bars. The old buildings on the river bank at night are illuminated by lights, creating a comfortable atmosphere and infinite vitality.

Singapore-Singapore night scene and nightlife bars, Clarke Quay surrounding attractions

Every time I come to Singapore, the place I go to most often besides the Marina Bay Sands hotel area is Clarke Quay! Clarke Quay at night is the best place to enjoy the night view of Singapore besides the Marina Bay area. When you actually visit Clarke Quay, you will find that it is a colorful waterfront of the Singapore River filled with bars. It cost 1.8 billion to transform the former warehouses and old buildings into innovative open-air bars. You can experience the bar nightlife that is unique to Singapore's office workers after get off work, as well as romantic cruises and many delicious restaurants. It is quite different from other bar areas in Singapore!

[Transportation] How to get to Clarke Quay?

Location: 3 River Valley Road Transportation: Exit C of MRT "Clarke Quay Station", turn left and walk straight along the riverside promenade, turn right and pass Read Bridge

After watching the beautiful sunset at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore that day, we walked along the Singapore River to Clarke Quay. We walked along the Merlion Park side. This section of the riverbank is not very distinctive. There are many relatively medium-priced pubs and restaurants along the way, ranging from Japanese, Indian, Middle Eastern, Thai to Chinese restaurants. It was about 7 o'clock in the evening, and there were almost no people in the restaurant. When we walked near Clarke Quay, we gradually felt the lively and joyful atmosphere of the night.

Singapore-Singapore night scene and nightlife bars, Clarke Quay surrounding attractions

Because there is no direct subway for this section of the road, the Singapore River at night is not as hot and unbearable as during the day. However, after walking all day, my feet can hardly hold up at night, and my legs are so stiff. Fortunately, the riverbank along Clarke Quay is really relaxing. Everyone sits on the embankment and chats, watching the changes in the lights on the other side. Clarke Quay at night is really beautiful, with gorgeous lights reflected on the Singapore River. Everyone is relaxing and happy. The atmosphere is quite pleasant, and it is especially easy to enter Holiday mode.

Unless the taxi in Singapore is a designated point for department stores, it is not easy to hail a taxi willing to stop on the road. If you want to take public transportation, it is recommended to take the subway directly to "Clarke Quay Station" Exit C and start walking along the Singapore River to avoid being tired.

[Clarke Quay Attractions] G-MAX

I had just relaxed at the waterfront of Clarke Quay when I heard a shrill scream of "Ah~~~~!" from the opposite riverbank. At that moment, the high-altitude bouncy ball was swinging freely in the sky. In the eyes of someone like me who is afraid of heights, the feeling of horror and fear completely seeped out of my bones. I would never ride on it even if I were killed!

The super exciting amusement facility that impressed me the most at Clarke Quay is also called "G-max". The five huge steel pillars are really conspicuous, and from time to time you can see the sphere swinging and bouncing in the sky, it is really hard not to notice this place. The three pillars on the left are yo-yos that bounce up and down, and feel more like a fast-moving angry god, while the two pillars on the right swing left and right like a pirate ship. Visually, the one on the right seems to be more terrifying, but I personally am more afraid of sitting on the one on the left.

Later, when I went to Auckland, New Zealand, I saw the same "G-Max Reverse Bungy" flying directly beside the city streets. It was super cool! But I would never go up there even if I killed myself.

Later, I walked to the ticket office and found out that a ride on the "G-MAX" for less than ten minutes would cost "45 SGD", which is more than NT$1,000, and the price keeps rising! Oh my God! It's too expensive! And the amazing thing is that this facility is directly next to the open-air bar next to it. It's quite magical to see a group of foreigners staring at the sports program and completely ignoring the screams behind them.

Colorful Clarke Quay and Singapore River Cruise

Sitting on the banks of the Singapore River where Clarke Quay is located, cruise ships pass by one after another. The area around Read Bridge (Malacca Bridge) where Jumbo Seafood and Clarke Quay The Central shopping mall are located is the most lively area, connected to the bar area that looks like a space umbrella. Even if it rains heavily, you can continue to party under the awning.

If you are interested in touring the Singapore River, you can also take a Singapore nostalgic wooden boat at eight piers along the Singapore River, including the Lide Bridge. In the 40-minute process, you can feel this traditional Singapore boat from the British colonial period taking you past the famous Singapore River attractions such as the Raffles Statue, the Merlion, the Esplanade, and the Golden Sands. If you want to experience the light show of the Golden Sands Hotel on the water, the two cruises at 19:30 and 20:30 are the most suitable, but the ticket will be 13 SGD more expensive than the regular ticket!

Singapore River Cruise Information

Eight major docks along the way: Lide Bridge, Boat Quay, Fulton, Merlion, Marina South Bay, Porto Galleria, Waterfront Arts Center, Clarke Quay Business hours: 09:00~23:00 Online discount tickets.

Recommended Bars in Clarke Quay

But the focus of Clarke Quay is not the above, okay? The most important thing is the row of themed bars along the Singapore River! Bars! Bars! Among them, the most attractive bars are "Sahara Bar", "Attica Nightclub" and "The Clinic".

Sahara Bar: A restaurant that serves Persian cuisine. It is also the only lounge bar in Clarke Quay that also has shisha. However, Singapore has banned shisha since July 31, 2016. There will be no chance to smoke shisha in Singapore in the future.

Attica Nightclub: If you like dancing, Attica is one of the best places in Singapore. The music, wine and atmosphere are perfect.

The Clinic: A hospital-themed bar. Imagine a group of freaks sitting in wheelchairs in the open air, drinking with IV drips... The operating table and the morgue are the bar counters. In fact, it is just for the novelty.

[Clarke Quay Food] Jumbo Seafood Restaurant

More tourists come to Clarke Quay just to eat at Jumbo Seafood, which is one of the top must-eat restaurants in Singapore. There are two branches of Jumbo Seafood along the coast of Clarke Quay. You can taste Piaoer’s favorite Singaporean delicacies "Chilli Crab" and "Cereal Prawns". Gourmets may wish to come and taste it for themselves!

[Clarke Quay Food] Song Fa Bak Kut Teh

Address: 11 New Bridge Road, 01-01, Singapore
Transportation: Exit Clarke Quay MRT Station and cross the road
Business hours: 09:00~21:00, closed on Mondays

Another restaurant in Singapore that Piaoer has been dreaming about is Song Fa Bak Kut Teh, a well-known Singapore Bak Kut Teh chain restaurant recommended by the Michelin Guide Singapore 2016. The head office is located at Clarke Quay, and it is a highly recommended affordable delicacy!

Suggestions for a Half-Day Tour of Attractions Around Clarke Quay

Clarke Quay is more suitable for experiencing at night. In the afternoon and evening, you can arrange to visit the Merlion Park, The Fullerton Hotel, Singapore Flyer in the direction of Marina Bay, and even take a half-day tour with the rainbow building "Old Hill Street Police Station" that has been very popular on Instagram recently and the surrounding British colonial buildings. The following is Piaoer's itinerary:

[Noon] "Bugis Station" Bugis Bugis Shopping Plaza shopping and air conditioning → Lunch at Joy Garden Coffee Shop → [Afternoon] Old Hill Street Police Station, City Hall Station British Colonial Building Tour → [Dinner] Lau Pa Sat Food Center → Merlion Park by the Singapore River → [Evening]

"Clarke Quay Station Clarke Quay Night View Bar

After a tour of Singapore, Piaoer really enjoyed the nightlife here. After all, it was too hot during the day. Although it was not very cool at night, everyone still liked to drink while sweating outdoors. In Singapore, you will find that the nightlife is really developed. Almost every nightclub and bar in every district is full of people. Piaoer thinks that the characteristic is the comfortable atmosphere and infinite vitality of the old buildings on the riverside under the lights at night. However, I personally prefer the "Chijmes" with the Gothic church bar and the small but fashionable "Ann Siang Hill Bar District". However, the wine in Singapore is really expensive and does not taste particularly good, and it is really hot outside.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 11:35 GMT-8 Processed in 0.206597 second(s), 37 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list