Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Impressions of Chiang Mai travel: cheap prices, warm climate, and cafes everywhere

155 0
Post time 2024-9-9 01:14 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Long before I went to Chiang Mai, I had heard that it had been "occupied" by digital nomads. Cheap prices, warm climate, cafes everywhere, and free fruits all make this small city a livable place. I arrived in Chiang Mai on an afternoon in late February. Seoul was raining heavily in the morning and the temperature dropped to freezing point, but Chiang Mai welcomed me with midsummer, like falling into a warm bed.

Because it was my first time in Chiang Mai, I chose to stay 10 minutes walk outside the ancient city. It turned out that this choice was correct. I didn't have to worry about the noise and it was very close to the ancient city (after all, most coffee shops and restaurants are still concentrated in the ancient city). The first meal after getting off the plane was turned into Kat's Kitchen. A bowl of sour and spicy Tom Yum Goong noodles cured the fatigue of the Journey, and my stomach was immediately opened. Four large shrimps plus a squid as big as the palm of my hand cost less than 30 yuan, which made me, who was tortured by the "Shanghai currency" prices, instantly fall in love with this place.

Chiang Mai-Impressions of Chiang Mai travel: cheap prices, warm climate, and cafes everywhere

In the series of coffee shops I visited later, I could see digital nomads everywhere, sitting in front of their computers and ordering a cup of coffee for the entire afternoon. If I had the chance, I would really like to come here and live for a month, sleep until noon every day, have a leisurely lunch, and then randomly walk into a coffee shop and work for the entire afternoon while drinking iced coffee. Just thinking about it makes me happy.

Chiang Mai-Impressions of Chiang Mai travel: cheap prices, warm climate, and cafes everywhere
There are beautiful flowers and plants everywhere

The repair dogs I met here are all in this posture, maybe it’s too hot, hahaha

Went to Shuanglong Temple and Pala Temple, I still prefer Pala Temple, surrounded by forests, healing and tranquility

I really like the atmosphere of the art village, and I also had my favorite meal there.

The people I met were more story-filled than the scenery during the Trip. We found a jazz bar on the first night, but it was crowded when we arrived. We couldn't find a seat for a while. My family and I started to feel scared and discussed whether to leave. At this time, a middle-aged man came to ask us if we needed help, saying that we could enjoy the music even if we didn't buy drinks, and then recommended several local beers to us. After we sat down, we would "cheers" from time to time. Later, we learned from the chat that he was from the Netherlands and fell in love with Chiang Mai after living there for a while, and decided to stay for a long time. Of course, more importantly, the owner of this bar became his girlfriend, and there was one more reason to stay.

Sitting next to us was an aunt from Shanghai, who was estimated to be in her fifties. She Traveled to many countries alone and didn't make a strategy. She basically went wherever she went. The only reason for her to return to Shanghai regularly was that she couldn't let go of the flowers and plants at home, which needed to be taken care of. She has been in Chiang Mai for more than 10 days and enthusiastically recommended many niche attractions to me (unfortunately my schedule is full, so I can only mark them for the next time). Later, another girl joined the chat, and we ate and talked while eating the food she packed from the restaurant, and melodious music sounded from time to time.

The next day, we happened to meet a mother and daughter from Shenzhen on the mountain. We decided to travel together that day, climb the mountain, eat, and have a good time all the way. The next day, we happened to meet them again in the market. The people I met in Chiang Mai all exuded a relaxed and happy atmosphere. I think the city of Chiang Mai has the magic to make people relax.

Chiang Mai is heaven for grocery lovers. Because of time constraints, I reluctantly gave up on a few stores, but I liked the three I visited.

🧺Enough for life

After returning, I will recommend this store to every friend. It is a small village consisting of three houses where you can buy groceries and drink coffee. If you are a cup and plate tableware lover... you will probably go crazy because it is so easy to buy. I bought some wooden tableware for easy shipping. If you want to buy glass, I suggest you carry it yourself to prevent it from breaking.

🧺Jibberish home

It is quite remote, so I called Bolt for a taxi. The local driver was confused whether this road was right, but fortunately Bolt’s location was very accurate. This store has relatively few groceries, mainly its own brand of cotton and linen clothing, with a Japanese style. The afternoon sun shines into the retro windows, and the green trees outside complement each other. A casual shot looks like it is in an oil painting.

🧺Rivers&road

If you don’t have time to go to the above two, it is recommended that the rivers outside the ancient city are very close. There are stationery, dinner plates and other miscellaneous items, and you can also buy jibberish clothes! Although there are not as many styles as in our store, it is better to buy them all in one stop

Of course, shopping in grocery stores is a healing process and enjoyment in itself, so I didn’t feel that I wasted my time going to any of them. It’s the 10th day since I left Chiang Mai, and I miss it. Finally, here are some of the local food and drinks, I hope it will be helpful for your future trip

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-18 17:23 GMT-8 Processed in 0.213405 second(s), 34 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list