Return to list Post a new post

[Hotel/Apartment]

Philippines, Brutalist architectural masterpiece cement style, The Peninsula Manila

142 0
Post time 2024-10-9 03:56 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Just arrived in Manila, driving past the Peninsula Hotel, attracted by the brutalist architectural appearance, decided to try island hopping, the experience is great, the hardware and services are online, booked through American Express FHR, including two breakfasts and $100 dining credits, the dining credits are used for afternoon tea, and because the Hong Kong flight was delayed, they also helped to delay check-out until 6 o'clock. Except for going to Toyo for dinner, I basically didn't leave the hotel, it felt like a complete staycation.

I like the appearance of the Peninsula Hotel Manila, typical brutalism, with a strong cement style. Many brutalist buildings of different shapes can be found throughout the Manila metropolitan area. Many public facilities and office buildings have also contributed various magical KFCs and 7-11 convenience stores living in old buildings. I will definitely stay and appreciate them next time.

The brutalist architectural appearance and the magnificent tropical lobby are very harmoniously combined. There are resident performances in the lobby from morning to night, full of atmosphere, and the melody of an old song is played from time to time. The hotel swimming pool feels like a lake in a concrete forest, very suitable for lying and daydreaming. The gym is far ahead of most hotels, with complete facilities, various free bench presses and squat racks, and a sauna after training.

Hotel name: The Peninsula Manila

Hotel address: Downtown Makati, Metro Manila

The Peninsula Manila has a rich breakfast selection, with local specialties basically available, Philippine garlic sausage/fried fish/dried meat, with lava omelette and garlic rice, it tastes very satisfying, and Philippine tofu pudding/Spanish bread/taro cheese bread are also arranged. I especially like the hotel lobby, I had lunch and afternoon tea, the Philippine steak rice is very good, and the dessert for afternoon tea is a bit sweet. Overall, it is not as exquisite as the Peninsula Hong Kong, but after all, the price is less than half of Hong Kong, plus coffee and tea can be refilled unlimitedly, it is still worth it.

Manila/Luzon-Philippines, Brutalist architectural masterpiece cement style, The Peninsula Manila
Manila/Luzon-Philippines, Brutalist architectural masterpiece cement style, The Peninsula Manila

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-10-16 03:20 GMT-8 Processed in 0.141012 second(s), 39 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list