Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Strategy]

Diving destinations: Free travel to Manila, Dumaguete, and Dauin, Philippines

172 0
Post time 2024-6-6 00:06:36 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

I see deer when the forest is deep, whales when the sea is blue, and you when I wake up from a dream.

A collection of exquisite islands, surrounded by tropical warm winds, and ultraviolet rays shaping healthy colors, the Philippines stands here like a small boat in the Pacific Ocean. It is not as feasting and feasting as Thailand, not as regular as Vietnam, not as prosperous and wealthy as Singapore. It shows the beauty of Southeast Asia in the most rustic way, clean, simple and pure.

Manila/Luzon-Diving destinations: Free travel to Manila, Dumaguete, and Dauin, Philippines

1. Air tickets.

I booked international flights with Ctrip, because international round-trip flights are cheaper if booked a few months in advance, and Xiamen Airlines is really cost-effective for flying to Southeast Asia. The baggage allowance is appropriate, there are snacks and meals, and the transfer in Xiamen also avoids the fatigue of long-term flights. The price is 1800+ (tax included). But it should be noted that the round trip must be to the same place, so arrange the itinerary. We booked a round-trip flight from Chengdu to Manila, or a domestic city to Cebu. I personally think that there are not many places to play in Manila, the urban construction is average, the prices are relatively high, and the travel experience is also average.

I booked the domestic flight tickets in the Philippines from Qunar, Manila-Dumaguete round-trip, 600+, and arrived in one hour. Cebu Airlines is a low-cost airline and does not have free checked baggage allowance. Either buy the luggage in advance, or bring a suitcase smaller than 20 inches and not more than 7 kilograms directly (my luggage was a little oversized at the time, but my friends who were traveling with me did not exceed it, so we each shared a little).

2. Hotels

Hotels are basically booked through Ctrip. To be honest, due to its development, the Philippines does not have a wide range of hotel options, but if the requirements are not very high, most hotels can still meet travel requirements. Here is a reminder that hotels there have the habit of collecting passports and deposits. Ctrip has booked in advance to check in at the hotel. You don’t need to pay other accommodation fees, but some will require a deposit. Just keep the deposit slip and remember to get the deposit back when you check out. Basically, regular hotels are no problem. Read more reviews from domestic travelers.

3. Language

The official language there is English. Most people know a little English. There is generally no problem communicating at the hotel front desk. It will be much more convenient to download a translation software.

4. Food

It may be because of the former Spanish colonization that the Philippines tends to eat Western fast food, with more fried food, meat, and pizza. There are generally many varieties of fruits, and tropical fruits are cheap. Apples, pears, etc. are quite expensive, so it is happier to eat bananas and mangoes there. There is also a fruit that looks a bit like jackfruit and is quite delicious. There are really few vegetables, which is really torture for people like me who have to eat vegetables for every meal. I want to vomit when I see pizza when I come back.

5. Transportation and Internet

Before every trip, I will print a copy of the flight itinerary, check-in voucher and related information for each person. First, it is convenient to check, and sometimes it is also needed when going through customs. Second, when you can't find the way, you can show the address on the check-in voucher to the driver and he will know. In addition, I recommend Google map for finding the way by yourself, because I rely on it when leaving the country. Taxis in Manila are still quite a scam. First of all, it is very troublesome to find a regular taxi. If you don't pay attention, they will ask for a high price. Check the distance first, and then negotiate a suitable price before getting in the car, or use the meter. Taxis there are not as expensive as in China anyway. In short, don't panic.

There are many phone card sellers at the airport after getting off the plane. Just buy an Internet card according to your needs. The waiter in the store will help you install and activate it, and the price is not expensive.

6. Currency

The Philippines uses pesos. 1 RMB can be exchanged for about 7 pesos. Domestic banks don't seem to have pesos, but you can exchange some US dollars first. The US dollar exchange rate is not bad. There is a money exchange point at the airport, but it is not cost-effective. First, exchange a little for the bus and deposit, and then you can see many money exchange points in the city, where the exchange rate is better.

7. Equipment

Since I came here for diving, I bought a set of snorkeling equipment on Taobao: the three treasures of snorkeling, snorkeling clothes.

I rented a diving camera (Olympus TG-3), which is a must. The things I see when diving are really beautiful and must be recorded.

Sunscreen, sunscreen clothes, sunscreen scarves, sun umbrellas, sunglasses, must-haves, must-haves, must-haves! The ultraviolet rays there in summer are so strong that people doubt their lives. Aloe vera after-sun repair and facial masks are must-haves for pig girls, and men can wear them at will.

The journey begins*Y(^_^)Y*——First stop, Manila

It was already evening when we arrived in Manila. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. We booked a hotel in the city center so that we could go to Spanish Town the next day.

The next day, Santiago Castle, Manila Cathedral, and Intramuros.

Intramuros, also known as the Walled City, is on the banks of the Pasig River and is the original site of Manila. The Spanish built this castle in 1571 to rule the Philippines. It covers an area of ​​1 square kilometers and is known as the "city within the city". The castle is surrounded by trenches and medieval walls, with a total of 7 gates. There are governor's residences and 12 churches in the city. At the end of World War II, most of the castle was destroyed, but part of it has been restored.

Visitors to the city center can experience a step back in time, as ancient horse-drawn carriages shuttle tourists through streets, passes, ports, and walled cities. It exudes Spanish elegance and retains ancient architectural features. There are the largest churches in Manila - Manila Cathedral, San Agustin Church and Museum, Casa Manila Museum, Fort Santiago, Rizal Memorial Museum (Rizal Museum) and so on.

Manila/Luzon-Diving destinations: Free travel to Manila, Dumaguete, and Dauin, Philippines

In the evening, you can consider going to Manila Bay to watch the sunset and eat. The restaurant recommended is Harbor View Restaurant. If you still have time in the evening, you can go to SM Mall of Asia.

The Mall of Asia is similar to the malls in China. You can just walk around and eat and drink. I chose a restaurant with some Filipino characteristics. The taste is different, but I am really annoyed to eat this for the next few days. Hot pot base and Lao Gan Ma are still my favorites.

The beach is not far from the mall. You can watch the sunset on the overpass. Just watch the sunset. The pile of garbage on the beach is quite a sight.

The second stop is Dumaguete

I flew to Dumaguete at 7 o'clock in the morning on the 18th. I was deeply impressed that when the plane was about to land, you could see many small islands below, embedded in the blue sea, which was simply the work of nature. Finally, gliding low over a sea was a long taxiway. This is really impossible to see in the mainland. The airport in Duma is very small, and the construction is similar to my bus station.

Then we wandered around Dumaguete City and checked in at the internet-famous restaurant moon cafe. The food was really good. It was next to the harbor and the beach. We went to take pictures of landmark buildings. It was too sunny, so we went to the local supermarket and market to buy some snacks and fruits. There were really no snacks there except dried mango. I remember buying some durian candy and didn’t finish it when I brought it back home. . After that, we went back to the hotel to rest and went out again at night.

In the evening, we went to a place with good reviews on Ctrip to have dinner. The seafood was cheap, the environment was relaxed, and there was a band performance. After dinner, we returned to the pier. There were already many people, the moon was high in the sky, and the sea was sparkling. There were vendors selling souvenirs, and I picked two refrigerator magnets, which were quite nice.

On the morning of the 19th, I also went to Silliman University for a tour.

There are many small shops selling this kind of floral skirt in the local market. It is light, breathable, sun-proof and does not fade. It is only 200p. Let's do the math. Buy it and you will make a profit.

The third stop - OSLOB whale shark watching

After lunch on the 19th, I took a boat from Dumaguete to the opposite Cebu Island to watch whale sharks. The port is Sibulan. After arriving, I played and snorkeled in the hotel waters. The time to watch whale sharks is usually in the morning, so I have to arrive a day in advance. There are really too few hotels there. I booked this Eden resort three months in advance, and found that it was full of Chinese people when I moved in. Eden is indeed relatively good. There is a private swimming pool. Going down is the snorkeling area. The food is also good. You can book it through Ctrip.

On the morning of the 20th, we set off to charter a car to Oslob Town to see whale sharks. The hotel will have many tutu drivers contact you one night in advance to make an appointment to take you to oslob the next day. The round trip price should be between 300-400p and it will take half an hour. Pay attention to waterproofing your mobile phone, bring a towel, and change into your wetsuit in advance. You will probably get wet on the boat. This is snorkeling to watch whale sharks. The waves are big. Friends who are not good at water must pay more attention. If you are not feeling well, just call the boat. The lifeguard pulls you up. It's a pity here that Xiaohei didn't know how to use my camera, so I didn't take a picture of the whale shark in the water.

After watching the whale sharks, everyone was exhausted, but after resting for a while, we grabbed our gear and went snorkeling in the sea below the hotel. We couldn’t waste such a beautiful scenery.

The fourth stop - Diving to see turtles at APO Island in Dauin

On the afternoon of the 20th, we took a boat back to Dumaguete at the pier, and then took a car to Dauin. This section of the journey is quite long. It was already evening, and it was still great to enjoy the wind and the sunset in the car. The scenery along the way was different, which was a kind of enjoyment.

After arriving at the hotel and checking in, we started to arrange to go to the island the next day. The hotel is not far from the pier. Tell the tutu car driver that you want to go to Apo Island and he will know which pier to take you to. The hotel is not big, with a few rooms, well-maintained flowers and trees, and a large beach. The hotel is a bit remote, but the food is not expensive, breakfast, lunch and dinner are all good, and you can order two drinks in the evening, which is very comfortable.

We went to Apo Island early in the morning on the 21st, which was also the climax of the trip. I had never been deep diving before, but I was okay at swimming, so I thought I must try it since I was here. There were four of us who wanted to dive, so we negotiated with the coach on the island to dive for 10,000p for four people for one hour. At that time, except for a few foreigners who were taking diving certificates, we were the only ones who wanted to dive. The coach talked enthusiastically and patiently for an hour, changed clothes, carried oxygen tanks and practiced in the water for half an hour before we officially started diving. It can be said that he was very responsible. The whole process was very smooth. The deepest dive was about 7-9 meters. The water quality was very good, there were a lot of colorful corals, many kinds of fish, and many sea turtles. It was really eye-opening. We were all exhausted after the dive, and we were almost dragged ashore by the coach, but we were really happy.

After returning from Apo Island, I was already tanned. After resting, I went to the hotel beach to watch the sunset for the last time. It was a perfect end to the trip.

The fifth stop - chasing light

The scorching sun at the equator
loves to project extremely strong ultraviolet light, hitting the branches of coconut trees, carving patterns on the ground.
I can't catch it
it's a mottled stone pillar, an unfinished book, or a poem I've forgotten the source of.

I still live in the mountains, in a hurry,
but I won't forget
I was in a place
chasing light.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-3 20:54 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.143191 second(s), 28 queries .