Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Strategy]

Let me show you the real wet Songkran Festival in Thailand

138 0
Post time 2024-6-22 22:37:01 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

These days, Thailand's Water Splashing Festival is being celebrated in various places!

Bangkok-Let me show you the real wet Songkran Festival in Thailand

The Songkran Festival is the most important festival in Thailand, marking the beginning of the new year, symbolizing the care, love and close connection with family, society and religion. Songkran Festival is also a water splashing festival, which represents the removal of all evil, misfortune and sin, and the beginning of the new year with all beauty and purity. Songkran Festival is as lively and festive as the Chinese Spring Festival. At this time, Thais usually celebrate by splashing water on each other, and the "Water Splashing Festival" also comes from this.

During the Songkran Festival, families gather together to show respect to the elders in the family. The young ask the elders to sprinkle water on their palms for blessings. Afterwards, by accumulating virtue, contributing food to monks, piling sand pagodas, and sprinkling water on each other to congratulate, they feel the harmony of society, care for the public, and protect the environment, which helps to clean homes, temples and buildings.

The significance of splashing water during the festival lies in its cleaning and purification process - removing all evil, misfortune and sin, and starting the new year with all beauty and purity. Water represents purity and the cleansing process during this festival.

Although Thailand has relaxed international travel restrictions, unfortunately, this year's Songkran Festival is dry! The Thai government allows non-water splashing Songkran celebrations under the "SHA+" health and safety standards, and the event focuses on inheriting Thailand's excellent traditions and cultural customs. So, let's first feel the real appearance of Thailand's Songkran Festival through the following live pictures, and experience this most grand and lively festival in Thailand through a virtual tour!

This year, the Thai government held a non-water splashing Songkran celebration under health and safety standards, focusing on the inheritance of Thailand's excellent traditions and cultural customs.

<Bangkok area> "Magical Songkran Festival 2024"

From April 9 to 17, the Tourism Authority of Thailand set up scenes and created the Songkran festival atmosphere in 10 famous temples in Bangkok to attract people and tourists to participate. The "Icon Songkran Music Festival 2024" was also held at ICONSIAM in Bangkok, including the Buddha bathing ceremony and the water sprinkling ceremony for the elders

<Chiang Mai Province area> "Chiang Mai Water Splashing Festival 2024"

From April 13 to 15, the exciting activities include: 9 temples Buddha bathing ceremony, northern Thai product food exhibition, various music performances, Lanna cultural teaching activities

<Ayutthaya> "2024 Songkran Traditional Music Festival"

It will be held at the landmark Wat Phra Ram in Ayutthaya from April 11 to 21, including Buddha bathing, sand pagodas, Ayutthaya's unique handicrafts exhibition, and the display of woven fish making skills that symbolize good health; Thailand's ancient art Khon Opera and Denan Wan Opera will also be on stage; from April 13 to 15, famous Thai singers and bands will have wonderful performances.

<Songkhla> "2024 Songkran Traditional Music Festival"

It will be held in the Songkhla Old Town from April 11 to 21. The ancient Portuguese-style buildings in the old city will light up with colorful lights; there will also be local food collections, traditional ceremonies such as Buddha bathing, and the southern characteristic world intangible cultural heritage Nora dance performances will be arranged. The mermaid mascot "Nongmila" will promote the most photographed tourist attraction in Songkhla Province-the golden mermaid on Samila Beach.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved.
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list

2024-7-3 20:08 GMT-7 , Processed in 0.150559 second(s), 32 queries .