Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Nine days and eight nights of travel in Thailand. Visit Similan, Tachai, Bangkok and many other cities

262 0
Post time 2024-8-1 00:55 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Since I have a boyfriend who doesn't care about the itinerary because he has never been abroad, I can say that I arranged and booked all the itineraries for this trip. Because I am a severe patient of decision-making difficulties, I smashed my computer 100 times during the preparation process.

Let me first talk about the itinerary

DAY1: Bangkok-Phuket
DAY2: Patong Beach
DAY3-4: Similan Islands
DAY5: Tachai
DAY6: Patong-Bangkok
DAY7-8: Bangkok

Preparations

Air tickets: Book as early as possible!! The later you book, the more expensive it is... The departure time is not good either.

Visa: I was afraid that there would be too many people applying for visas on arrival, so I bought it on Taobao in advance. It took three working days to get the visas. It took nearly 10 days from the time the passports were mailed to the time they were received. The total cost for two people plus the shipping fee was 500 yuan. However, in fact, not many people apply for visas on arrival...

Insurance: 10-day travel insurance, which is not expensive anyway, just in case of accidents.

Phone card: 7-day happy card. Buy it online in advance, it is convenient and affordable. Activate it after arriving in Thailand.

Airport transfer: Only on the last day in Thailand did I take public transportation from downtown Bangkok to the airport. The rest were airport transfer services booked in advance on Taobao.

Hotels: I booked them all on agoda. There are many choices and the prices are also favorable, but remember to write several people when booking. I saw someone say that there is an additional charge when you arrive at the hotel. It should be the one person written when booking, even if you book a double room.

Luggage: AirAsia has a weight limit, each person can carry one bag (this does not matter if it is a school bag or a handbag), plus a 20-inch suitcase under 7KG. I was very worried about reducing the weight of the suitcase... But it turns out that except for the weighing from Chongqing, no one cares about the weight. Of course, the suitcase is definitely not allowed to be too big, and it is not ruled out that there will be spot checks, anyway, we didn't encounter it.

Camera: Friends who are not good at using SLRs don't bring it, mobile phones are really enough. Of course, my boyfriend can take pictures, so bring it. I suggest you prepare a waterproof camera. Since I am really tired of English level 4, I decided to prepare it. I was entangled for a long time between renting and buying.

Others: I have a strong sense of prevention, and I bought a small customs lock for my school bag... It turns out that I bought it right. As for other things like sunscreen, toothbrush and toothpaste, if you are too lazy to take them, don't buy them. Anyway, there are convenience stores everywhere in Thailand. Buy them when you arrive, and the price is cheap.

DAY 1

It was already past six in the afternoon when I arrived at Phuket Airport. I felt the heat wave as soon as I went out. I almost fell to the ground. When I was picked up at the airport, it turned out to be a business car. It took about an hour from the airport to the hotel in Patong Beach. I strongly recommend this hotel: The Crib Patong Hotel. The price-performance ratio is super high!

The room is clean and the location is great. There is a convenience store across the road. It takes 5 minutes to walk straight to the bar street and 10 minutes to the beach. There is a night market on the left hand side of the door at night. It is really great! Of course, this hotel cannot be pretentious. It is suitable for people with obsessive-compulsive disorder who pursue price-performance ratio like me. If your boyfriend has booked an unbeatable sea view suite for you, please ignore the recommendation.

Bangkok-Nine days and eight nights of travel in Thailand. Visit Similan, Tachai, Bangkok and many other cities
Downstairs of the hotel is the Patong Night Market

Bangkok-Nine days and eight nights of travel in Thailand. Visit Similan, Tachai, Bangkok and many other cities
The fried noodles are delicious

There is no place to eat. So...hahahaha

Fried yogurt ice cream, the boy’s hands are fast

The seafood looks very fresh, roadside barbecue

Bar Street

The roadside is full of pole dancers

Patong Beach is really, really lively! There are so many people!

DAY 2

The next day, we took a walk and played on Patong Beach. The weather was very hot, so we made sure to apply sunscreen all over our body.

Go out early, the street is super quiet

First time riding an umbrella

Entertainment on Patong Beach There are not many projects, just a few, banana boats, motor boats and towing umbrellas, but there are many businesses. Remember to ask several companies and negotiate the price. It has been so long that I no longer remember how much I spent on it...

This day should be the day when the SLR is used the most. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! ! Because it’s the easiest!

Here I would like to recommend a restaurant, near Jiangxi Leng, in the food street. Called Spoon! ! The food is really delicious! ! And it’s not expensive! This should be the best restaurant I have eaten at in the past few days in Thailand! ! ! Much better than Dang restaurant! ! And the environment is much better! ! The price is also better than Dang! ! Maybe it’s because it suits the taste of the two of us Chongqing people!

After a day of visiting Patong Beach, it was cold in Jiangxi, so I went to take a dip in the sea. Because it was too hot...I didn't go anywhere else. In the evening we both went to see the simon show. To get there from Jiangxi Leng, we took a tuk-tuk. It’s really easy for tuk-tuks to charge too much. In fact, it’s not far from Jiangxi Leng to Simon Show, but tuk-tuks charged dozens of RMB. In China, the starting price of a taxi is only one for that distance. If you have enough time, you can navigate and walk there, which only takes 20 to 30 minutes.

At that time, I specially found a cool one (ps: pay attention to whether there are grids under the feet, some tuk-tuks have snakes under them...). There were so many speakers, so I asked the driver to play the song! Have fun all the way there! ! He actually wants to charge more...#¥E^#&#$& You must refuse him! ! ! I’ve already charged such an expensive fare and still want to charge it!

Remember, you must eat before going there... There is nothing to eat near Simon Show. Rather biased.

I bought the tickets online and exchanged them on site. The location is not very good. It is too far to the front and on the side. We who have never seen a ladyboy show thought the Simon show was pretty good. Anyway, I kept muttering the whole time: "Ah! Look at that figure!" "What the hell is this?" Some ladyboys may have only had breast augmentation, and they are too casual.

After watching the show, the ladyboys were waiting outside. There were a few pretty ones. I took a photo with the ladyboy in the middle of the picture below. He was good at posing... and he took me to the camera and said "Yeah". Taking photos, 20 baht per person. Note! It's 20 baht per ladyboy!! Generally, there will be two... not very good ones standing next to the pretty ladyboys. When you go to take a photo with him, the ladyboy next to him will also come over enthusiastically. At this time, don't forget to refuse because you think it's fun... because after the photo is taken, he will also charge you. So remember to say no to them when they come over

I remember when I said no to the ladyboy next to me, he asked me in a coquettish voice: Huh~~~ Why~~~~~ Yes, it was a man's voice, please use your imagination··

It was still early after watching the transvestite show, so the two of us walked back to the hotel from there. In fact, it’s not that far, and we also encountered a night market on the way, but it didn’t feel very good. I wandered back lazily. The temperature is more suitable at night, and it’s quite comfortable to walk. Eating while shopping, time really flies by, hahaha!

Recommended! ! This is delicious! Forgot what it was called. I bought it from a roadside stall and a local snack bar. It feels a bit like Indian flying pancakes. I bought the banana flavored one, which is delicious! Inexpensive

Not to mention the little pineapple. I also bought it from a roadside stall. really tasty! Looks so cute! ! Super sweet!

DAY 3-4 Similan 2 days

Damn, let me complain first, because after going to Tachai Island, I really feel that these two days are wasted! Then I have to say: Don't play for two days! The sea is beautiful, one day is enough! Because first, there are really a lot of people in Similan. Second, the island is really just floating and snorkeling, but the snorkeling scenery is really really really very ordinary. Of course, I compare it with the perfect seabed of the Great Barrier Reef. In comparison, I think the snorkeling in Tachai is better than the scenery in Similan. Third, Similan island hopping is really super tiring. In fact, the scenery of several islands is really similar. Fourth, staying in a cabin on the island is really nothing and super difficult to book. Fifth, how can you have the energy to snorkel if you don't eat well!

Okay, I'm done complaining, let's talk about my feelings in Similan these two days, after all, I have also encountered magical things. I booked a 2-day tour of Similan online in advance, checked the guide online, and found that Seastar's service is better. I wanted to book a liveaboard, but it was all booked and I didn't book it. Finally, I booked a cabin at Seastar. After confirming the itinerary and registering for hotel pick-up, I had no choice but to wait in the hotel lobby for the car to pick me up, but it was really early.

I woke up too early and fell asleep in front of the hotel waiting for the driver

Before booking the trip, I saw many people online saying that there were rats in the cabin, which was very scary. Finally, I found that there were indeed rats when I checked in, but the room we stayed in was very well sealed, except for a hole in the toilet floor drain. I put a bottle of water to block the hole at night, and it was fine all night. I only heard rats squeaking, which should be on the roof.

For tents, forget it unless you really want to experience tent accommodation. When I went there, I saw that the branches above the tent area were really full of bats, and each one was very big. I can't remember how I jumped on the Similan Island. I just remember getting on the boat, going to an island, snorkeling, getting on the boat, eating, going to the next island, and snorkeling.

Because I was a little seasick, I took two seasickness pills on the first day. Seastar will give them when you gather. It wasn't until the evening that I felt the side effect of the seasickness pills: sleepiness. I am a night owl! Really sleepy! I had made an appointment with other cabins to go out at night to see the small animals on the island, hermit crabs, etc., but I really couldn't even get up! ! So sleepy! My eyelids are so heavy! So hard! I can't open them! So I fell asleep that night.

On the right is the cabin. In fact, the environment is really good. It has a separate toilet and regular hot water supply at night. The room is quite spacious and there is an outside balcony, but the trees are too lush. It blocks the view and cannot see the sea.

Similan

This is the second day, I forgot the island number. The scenery is still beautiful. The sea is beautiful and the water is very clean

A foreign family took a boat out to sea.  

Here I have to start complaining again. Because there was a little incident on the boat. This foreign family went out to sea with us on the first day. In addition to their family of ten or so people, the rest of the people on the boat were Chinese, probably about a dozen. At the beginning, everyone was quite harmonious. They were a big family, men, women, old and young, and they happily asked others to help take pictures.

All of us were on the second floor of the boat, and all the carry-on luggage (large luggage was stored at Seastar) was also placed on the second floor. When snorkeling, things were thrown directly on the boat, and no one was looking after them. There were only tourists and crew members on the boat anyway, and no one could escape on the sea. Regarding this issue, because I am a person with obsessive-compulsive disorder and worry a lot, I prepared a small lock for this backpack before departure. Facts have proved that my worries are not unnecessary.

I don’t know why, but no one went to the third floor... So the two people immediately started to show off.

This person has already become a dog.

There are two sides of Similan Island, remember to go through the middle forest, there will be new scenery on the other side

The color of the sea here is lighter

The water here is very transparent and you can see sea turtles swimming in the water.  

On the second day in Similan, I saw turtles. Of course, I couldn't take this photo. Turtles swim very deep, how could we get so close to them... I only remember floating in the sea that day because I was really exhausted. Suddenly, the crew waved us over, and I vaguely heard him shouting: "Turtle, turtle!!" So I was lucky to see the turtle swimming very fast. The crew took my camera and dived into the water and took a lot of photos for me.

Summary of these two days: tired. It's also because I am in the late stage of cancer and the schedule is too full. It's really tiring to play like this. Every time we snorkeled, both of us had this idea: "Damn, the money has been paid, just go snorkeling! If you don't snorkel, you'll lose money!" So we were both exhausted.

DAY 5 Tacha Island

After two days of exhausting journey in Similan, Tachai is here again. This trip is the Lazy Cat Special Line. In fact, the service is not bad. The whole trip is a small speedboat, which is not as big as the previous Similan Starfish boat. The speedboat was very crowded, but the guide was very nice and kept distributing food and water to everyone. The biscuits were quite delicious.

After two days of drifting, I was tired of riding the boat. The journey to Tachai was farther than Similan. I still took seasickness pills. When we arrived at Tachai, we went into the water again, mainly because the guide said that we might see small sharks.

The sea in Dachai is also beautiful

There are many animals on the island, Crabs, lizards, birds, etc.

I think the sea of ​​Dachashi is more beautiful than Similan. There are fewer people

That stone head is really, really hot.

I wore a pair of men's children's swimming trunks bought in Patong and played on the island for 3 days. Don't ask me why. Speaking of swimming trunks, let me tell you about it. Ladies, if you don't want to be sunburned, buy a set of long-sleeved trousers in advance, otherwise you may get sunburned.

In fact, it is still possible. It was my first time to take an underwater selfie...and, when snorkeling and taking photos, don't laugh...will...enter...water...

The snorkeling area in Dachai is shallower than that in Similan, so I think it is better. It's a pity that the coral is really not beautiful...not colorful

Although it is very close, but I reach out, and grab, no, to

Oh, this Zhang, I feel deeply. I just felt that my clothes were wet, so I rolled them up for about ten minutes? That's right, the area around your waist is so tanned that it won't come back in a few months...

DAY 6 Patong-Bangkok

Tired from 3 days of rafting, I spent a day in Patong to acclimate. It felt so good to be back on land! I went to Dang restaurant, which was ordinary and crowded. The restaurant next door was being cleaned and there were so many cockroaches on the turned up slabs that I wanted to throw up.

The price is average, the taste is average. After three days of hard work, of course we have to go for a massage. We also walked around for a long time. There are massage shops everywhere in Patong. The prices vary, but they are not expensive!

The one we went to last seemed to be 200 baht? I forgot. Anyway, it was very cheap and the massage lasted for a long time. There were all kinds of big loops. We who had never had a massage thought everything was new. I could hear the joints clicking and how stiff my body was.

My face was full of happiness, hahahahahaha, is it itchy?

Please feel my muscles...

This whole day was spent resting. My flight to Bangkok was in the evening, and I booked a pick-up service on Taobao in advance. A private car came to pick me up on time, a bit like driving an Uber. It was already very late when I arrived in Bangkok, and I waited for more than ten minutes before the pick-up car arrived. I would like to mention here that the hotel I booked in Bangkok was near Nana Station. It turned out that there was a red-light district over there. Before I went there, I vowed that I must go into those stores to see what the table tennis performances were like! But when I really arrived, I was still scared.

The street where I live has street vendors everywhere. Really street vendors! We even saw someone calling a prostitute and using sex drugs.

DAY 8 One-day trip to Bangkok

I feel like there's not much to do in Bangkok. I went to the Grand Palace, but it was crowded. It's just a tourist attraction. The tickets are not cheap, but it's still worth going.

Return to normal human beings.

Did you see the dense crowds of people in the distance...

In addition to the Grand Palace, we also went to the Old Parliament Building... But we never expected it! There must be some important guests in there that day. If you are not allowed in... it will be a waste of time. When I went there, I happened to encounter someone important coming out. The road was closed, and pedestrians were not allowed to stand on the roadside. They had to stand a little inside. So we... became a crowd of onlookers.

The white horse clears the way!

Awesome...

It’s a pity that I couldn’t go in to visit

We didn't go to the Parliament Building, but to the Erawan Shrine. Unexpectedly, the famous Erawan Shrine is right in the city center, near the BTS. It is said that the Erawan Shrine was blown up by terrorists not long before we went there. Fortunately, the public security was good when we went there, and the Erawan Shrine was restored. I heard that the Erawan Shrine is very majestic, so the two of us went to worship it, but we didn't take pictures. If we really get what we want, we will go back to fulfill our wish. Because the Erawan Shrine is right in Siam Square, after worshiping it, we started shopping. The things I recorded in my homework are all the shopping and consumption on this day.

Old bus, very cute

This shopping mall is in good repair

I went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of local specialties. It was a routine thing to do, I had to buy something to bring back to my family. The supermarket provided empty boxes for everyone to pack! It was a great savings not to have to go to the airport and spend money on packing. I carried a large box of things back to the hotel, and the porter was almost exhausted on the way.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-9 01:19 GMT-8 Processed in 0.240448 second(s), 38 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list