Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Travel to Jeju Island with Korean drama filming scenes and experience romantic moments

149 0
Post time 2024-10-10 03:43 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Jeju Island has beautiful scenery and is the filming location for many Korean dramas. During this Trip to Jeju, I visited the filming locations of Korean dramas such as "On the Way to the Airport", "My Time with Blues", "Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo", "The Saint", and "Island". For me, who loves Korean dramas, it is really fun to visit the scenes in these dramas in person!

"On the Way to the Airport"

When planning the itinerary for Jeju Island, I found a scenic spot called "Wuchua Port Airport Road" on Google Maps. The photo looks quite ordinary. After checking online, I found that this is the filming location of "On the Way to the Airport". I didn't catch up with this 2016 drama at the time, but it has been on my pocket list because of my friend's recommendation. I took this opportunity to finish watching this drama before leaving. After finishing it, I had a completely different feeling about this scenic spot. It turns out that you have to watch the drama before you can feel the filming location!

Busan/Jeju-Travel to Jeju Island with Korean drama filming scenes and experience romantic moments
Busan/Jeju-Travel to Jeju Island with Korean drama filming scenes and experience romantic moments

Seo Do-woo's home on Jeju Island (from the perspective of the house). After actually going there, I found that this is a great place to take photos of Seongsan Ilchulbong! When the drama just aired, many fans came to this house to take photos, and they were able to take photos close to the state of the filming. I visited it seven years later, and it has become a convenience store. It feels so different!

"My Time to Sing Blues"

"My Time to Sing Blues" is my third favorite Korean drama in 2022. Someone on the Internet sorted out 20 filming locations of the drama, but some were not filmed on Jeju Island, some were not convenient, and the main scene, the Ancient City Five-Day Market (고성오일시장), was not open on a business day, so I only visited 2 locations.

★ Eun-hee/Young-ok’s House
제주 제주시 조천읍 조천리 3096-11

Because the house is a private space, we can only take pictures outside.

★ The place where Xuanya's car broke down.
제주 서귀포시 대정읍 상모리 1683-4

This shooting location was at the "Southernmost Coast Road (최남단 해안로)" on Jeju Island. After I went there, it was not quite what I imagined. I thought it was a wider place.

★ The place where Hanxiu and Eunxi reunited
제주 서귀포시 성산읍 동류암로 41

This "Haokashi Shokudo (맛나식당)" is a famous local food restaurant. I went there for the delicious hairtail fish, but later I found out that this place is also a filming location.

"Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo"

In episodes 13 and 14 of "Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo", the main characters went on a business trip to Jeju Island to investigate a case. Someone on the Internet sorted out 9 filming locations, but only 3 were visited this time. Others, such as the popular beach check-in spots for Lawyer Jung on his honeymoon trip - Window Slit Rock (조천 창꼼바위) by the Jocheon Sea and the seaside where Young-woo and Jun-ho watched whales - Sindo Port (신도포구) in Daejeong, I would like to visit them later if I have the chance.

★ Hwangji Temple

The filming location of Hwangjisa Temple is actually Gwaneumsa Temple (관음사). The scenes in the drama were added with some post-production, so they don’t actually feel that majestic.

★ Happy Noodle Soup

The Happy Noodles Restaurant that was closed in the drama was actually "Cheonri Restaurant (천리식당)", and most of the dishes were whitetail fish dishes.

★ The place where Soo-yeon and Min-woo walked back to their house after buying some wine

This attraction is Seogwipo's Saemyeongyo Bridge (새연교), which became more famous because of this drama.

"Saints of the Underworld"

Although the story of "Saints of the Underworld" is set in Suriname, South America, it was actually filmed in the Dominican Republic and Jeju Island.

★ Entrance to Jeon Yo-hwan's mansion

The entrance of this mansion was originally the entrance of the Paradise Hotel. After the hotel closed down, only part of it was renovated and turned into the Honeymoon House Cafe.

"Island"

The entrance of Honeymoon House Cafe is the filming location of "The Saint", and the closed Paradise Hotel room inside is where the heroine of "Island" Miho stayed on Jeju Island. But because I didn't take a photo from a similar angle, I didn't post it.

★ Stone Grandpa who appeared at the beginning of the first episode when grandma told the story of Tamra Kingdom

Many scenes of this drama were filmed in the "Jeju Stone Culture Park". This row of stone grandfathers (돌하르방) is right in the center of the park, and Tourists will definitely pass by it. However, these are not real ones. Only the independent one in the cultural park is the real one.

★ The fifth chapter: Mei Lake, go to find the place where Ban passed before breaking the barrier

The cultural park covers a large area, and not many people walked on the forest trails. I don’t know if it was because I watched “Island”, but I felt a little scared walking alone in the woods.

★ The stone tower that often appears in the class

The Five Hundred Generals Symbol Tower is behind the Five Hundred Generals Statue. I couldn't find the entrance, so I could only take a photo from the parking lot. After I came back and checked the information, I found out that I could enter from the back of the Five Hundred Generals Gallery. I will go there again when I have the chance!

The last bonus scene is not a Korean drama filming location, but the location where Kong Liu shot a pictorial for the clothing brand epigram in 2017.

This spot is very close to the Yuelingli Cactus Trail and can be found using Google coordinates (33°22’35.4″N 126°12’54.7″E).

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-10-16 00:51 GMT-8 Processed in 0.161938 second(s), 39 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list