Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

A girl's travel map of Bangkok, exploring the literary corners of Bangkok

221 0
Post time 2024-8-1 00:54 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

The last time I went to Bangkok was 6 years ago, and it was also my first time going abroad. This time, I just wanted to Travel around Bangkok, so I planned a route that would satisfy my sleep and leisurely stroll, and at the same time, I could explore as many artistic corners of Bangkok as possible. This line is called the "Sukhumvit line", from Mo Chit to Bering. The three areas I want to explore are all on this green line, namely Ari Station for art, Siam Station for a variety of things, and Asok Station for satisfying taste buds. *Mo Chit Station is the stop for Chatuchak weekend market and the stop for the airport direct bus.

Bangkok-A girl's travel map of Bangkok, exploring the literary corners of Bangkok

Next stop: Ari

Since many foreigners live in Ari District, some cafés, Western-style restaurants, and boutique art shops have grown up here; and when walking here, it is rarely very quiet and there are not too many motorcycles. The noise of cars.

Walking
⓵ Bangkok Espresso Bar Est.2012

Bangkok-A girl's travel map of Bangkok, exploring the literary corners of Bangkok

Ari has many cafes and restaurants with beautiful interior and exterior decorations , you will see many girls taking photos when passing by.

But I just wanted to drink a cup of specialty coffee, so I compared multiple reviews on Google. The first picture I saw of Bangkok Espresso Bar reminded me of Melbourne’s café style, and I immediately locked it.

I was not disappointed. The first sip of this Ice Latte told me that I was in the right place. I could smell the roasted aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans. I was so happy that I could drink specialty coffee for only 45 baht a cup!

At that time, I met a local boy who lived nearby when I was eating. When he talked about this cafe, he bluntly said that this cafe is the cheapest and the best.

➤Address
1199 Phahonyothin Rd, Khwaeng Samsen Nai, Khet Phaya Thai, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400

⓶ Gloc Boutique

This is a small but beautiful literary boutique that sells some independent designer items, such as clothes, bags, jewelry, and shoes. Products...

In terms of price, it is still relatively expensive under the price of goods in Thailand, but compared with the price trend of domestic art stores in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, this one is still affordable.

➤Address
1/8AriSoi 2 Phahon Yothin 7 Alley, Bangkok, Thailand 10400

⓷ Ari Recommendations for other walking spots:

The Ari Soi alley and the neighboring streets are very convenient for shopping. There is also an art museum, but it was closed when I was there and I didn’t go. Gloc Boutique is next to several local food stalls and they are delicious~ For example, there is a store selling grilled chicken legs and wings on the street, which is awesome!

Recommended here, search the name on Google to navigate.

Flower in Hand By P.
A floral studio with a sister shop café next door.

➤Museum of Everything Jinglebell
A vintage second-hand collection store.

➤Numthong Gallery at Aree
The art gallery recommended by the Hostel map is closed on Sundays and Mondays. I happened to be staying on those two days: )

⓸ Museum of Contemporary Art

If you want to explore art museums in Bangkok, there is no reason to miss MOCA. If you live in Ari District, this is the most convenient place to go. Since there is no direct light rail, you have to take the bus yourself. My experience with cars tells me that it’s better to take a Grab taxi there. It’s a total of 10 kilometers from Ari Station and taking a taxi is very cheap.

The whole building has 5 floors. The exhibits and exhibition halls are designed in a modern style. When I went there, there was a super cute bad-tempered little rabbit on the first floor. This rabbit is from Bangkok. I have seen the iconic works of street artist Alex Face in many places in Bangkok~

☺︎Price THB 250/person, free bottle of water

➤Address
499 Kamphaeng Phet 6 Rd , Chatuchak, เขตจ ตุจักร Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900

⓹ Chatuchak Weekend Market

If you are in Bangkok on the weekend, everyone will go to the Chatuchak weekend market, but it is too big, too big, and there are indeed treasures to buy, including retro second-hand/artistic handicrafts, but you must be prepared to run away with energy. Prepare.

You can put the MOMA itinerary and the Chatuchak weekend market together because the two locations are very close to each other.

➤Address
Kamphaeng Phet 2 Rd, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900

The Yard Hostel

This is a garden-style courtyard hotel. There is a Japanese-style bar at the entrance. You enter the courtyard through a small wooden door. You step on the bluestone and walk 20 meters straight to the front desk. Breakfast is also eaten in the courtyard. The cool breeze blown by the big and powerful fan is not Hot, but too many mosquitoes.

The room has a very warm detail. Each bed has a small window, and you can see the green plants outside the window. This is a treatment that is rarely found in multi-person hotels. cute.

Breakfast is a simple Western style, with fruit yogurt, sandwiches + jam and butter, a light meal is enough.

☺︎Price 450THB/night

➤Address

51 Phahon Yothin 5, Khwaeng Samsen Nai, Khet Phaya Thai, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400

Next stop: Siam Centre

The Siam Center business district has everything. Basically, everyone who goes to Bangkok cannot avoid it. If you have shopping needs for cosmetics/clothing and other international/local brands, you can go here to buy them all in one stop.

Take a walk
⓵ BACC Bangkok Culture and Arts Center

Maybe I didn’t When I meet my favorite exhibition, I personally think that there are more art shops here than the art museum. The art museum is on the 5th floor, and there are various art shops below. Although the selection of products is pretty good, the prices are a bit expensive. , is a good place for petty bourgeois literary and artistic young people to hang out.

Many people recommend the various independent design collection stores in Siam Center, but to be honest, there are not many designs with Thai characteristics, and most of them are international choices. There is no advantage in terms of price compared to other countries in terms of quality products; in my opinion, BACC wins this comparison. You can really find treasures if you shop around.

➤Address
939 Rama I Rd, Khwaeng Wang Mai, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330

⓶ YELO House

Step out from BACC Turn left and walk to the end to reach Yelo House. I know this multi-functional art gallery thanks to The Yard Hostel map guide. Many people call it the Yellow House. There is a café on the first floor. Going inside, there is another café facing the graffiti river.

Half of the second floor is a photography exhibition/gallery hall, with exhibitions updated from time to time; the other half has a copy room, studio, and lounge.

Handmade markets are occasionally held in the indoor corridor here. Overall, it is a small but beautiful art space.

Exit YELO Cafe to the riverside path, turn left and walk straight for a few minutes to the Jim Thompson Museum

➤Address
20/2 Rama I Rd, Khwaeng Wang Mai, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330

⓷ The Jam Factory

Ah, this lakeside creative park is really hard to describe. First of all, the transportation here is not very convenient. It is best to take the light rail to the vicinity and then take a taxi. Secondly, there are only two or three creative stores here, and the selections are all available in the collection stores in Siam Discovery, and there are more. There is also a very expensive restaurant with a very literary name, but Bangkok is not short of such beautiful and literary restaurants nowadays.

The only bright spot is that Jam Factory has a small art gallery called DEN Gallery. The space is small, but the exhibitions are quite cute. You can check it out before going Search its recent exhibition on Google and decide whether to go.

➤Address
41/1-5 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Khwaeng Khlong San, Khet Khlong San, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10600

⓸ Siam Square Soi Street

There is a block opposite Siam Discovery, where there are many small shops. Shopping has not changed much since I came here 6 years ago. Here you can buy independent designer clothes, eat delicious Thai food, drugstores, dessert shops... There is a dazzling array of things to see, and it is a very local neighborhood. , it’s worth taking a walk to hunt for Taobao.

Recommended: (Just search the name on Google Map)

ARZ Space
A small Midea's boutique stores include second-hand vintage clothes, handmade products by local designers, and some international brand accessories.

Inner Thai
A restaurant that has been open for decades I ate at a local Thai restaurant twice in a row. The price was moderate and the taste was great, but the portions were not large.

Chao Hostel

Chao Hostel is a good value for money accommodation near the central business district of Bangkok. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to Siam Center. There is also a delicious night market opposite. Overall, Chao Hostel is very comfortable. Its decoration style draws on the traditional Thai riverside wooden houses, especially the hollow wooden cage lamps you will see when you enter the hotel. There are scattered wooden boats in the hotel space.

The multi-person room here has a bathroom, but the sound insulation is not good, but the best thing is the bed setting. The lower bunk is a storage room, the upper bunk is a bed, and there are bed curtains. There is also a sofa in the room for everyone to chat together.

☺︎Price 400THB/night

➤Address
8th floor,Siam@Siam building, 865 Rama I Rd, Wang Mai, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330

Next stop: Asok

Aha, what about this area? During the day, you can explore boutique cafes, and at night, the snack street/nightlife is super rich; there are Little Korea Street, Little India Street, a legal red light district, and a themed shopping mall with everything in the surrounding area.

⓵ Terminal21 Asok

photo via ©terminal21asok

I was brought here to eat by the locals ~ This is a travel terminal themed shopping mall. You will see many "country" themed doors at the elevator entrance, 5th floor It is a Food Court, and everything is good~ There are brand stores on other floors. Some high street brands, drug stores, and skin care and makeup brands can be purchased here.

➤Address
88 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110

⓶ Recommendations for other walking places in Asok // Google Map to search for directions by name.

➤Artis Coffee Bangkok
Bangkok’s top 10 specialty coffees

➤Ceresia Coffee Roasters
Specialty coffee opened in 2013

➤Sukhumvit Plaza area
Some Korean restaurants, boutique Small shops/cafés gather here~

☽ 3Howw hostel

There is nothing outstanding about this hotel, but it is both a youth hostel and a Muay Thai gym, and it is very cheap in this area. Although it is small, it has everything. The biggest highlight is the super comfortable single bed that can be locked. Bedside table; but for me, meeting some interesting people here is very satisfying.

☺︎Price 350THB/night

➤Address
32/9 ถนน สุขุมวิท 21 Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110

I hope everyone can find a good place to cool down in Bangkok, which is filled with heat and narrow streets.

45.webp

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-19 08:33 GMT-8 Processed in 0.264658 second(s), 39 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list