Return to list Post a new post

[Food]

Top 6 cafes on the streets of Tokyo, Japan, the cakes are surprisingly delicious

162 0
Post time 2024-8-17 15:33 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

I also went to Tokyo last week on vacation. I went there to eat wherever I wanted. Just like Uncle Goro in "The Solitary Gourmet", I found many treasure shops and cheap food on the streets of Tokyo, which is more cost-effective than Shanghai.

As the first city in Asia to embrace coffee, it has a very rich variety of coffee. Moreover, the first overseas stores of Starbucks and Blue Bottle were also chosen in Tokyo, which shows Tokyo's status in the international coffee industry. When strolling around Tokyo, I basically "closed my eyes and chose" any coffee shop I saw. Some coffee shops even have "surprises" in their Western pastries.

No.1 Hoshino Coffee Shop

Tokyo-Top 6 cafes on the streets of Tokyo, Japan, the cakes are surprisingly delicious
Tokyo-Top 6 cafes on the streets of Tokyo, Japan, the cakes are surprisingly delicious

It is considered very retro among chain coffee brands. Antique leather sofas and tungsten lamps are the decoration features, and there is also a smoking room inside. It is said that Hoshino is popular for its exquisite dishes such as kiln-baked soufflé muffins, hand-brewed coffee, and gratin. During the breakfast time when I went there, I could buy a set meal (mini muffins + hand-brewed coffee) for 450 yen before 11 o'clock. I chose one of three coffee beans, and I chose "Orihime".

No.2 Beck’s coffee Shop

This cafe is run by JR East Foods, a subsidiary of JR East, so it can be seen in major JR stations. It is characterized by good quality and low prices and a wide variety of products. I went there during breakfast time. The 580 yen set meal is considered to be quite expensive. It has toasted toast, nut yogurt and a small vegetable salad. It is very healthy. With a cup of hot coffee, I feel full of energy.

No.3 Little Mermaid

It is actually a bakery, but it also serves coffee. Especially during breakfast time before 11 o'clock, you can get a cup of coffee for 400 yen with a piece of bread. I randomly chose a piece of bread, which was probably just baked that morning, and it was very delicious, but the coffee was just average.

No.4 Doutor coffee

When it was founded in 1962, it was originally a coffee roasting company. In 1980, it opened its first coffee shop and later became a national coffee chain brand in Japan. In 2018, it opened a store on Wujiang Road in Shanghai, and now it has become another popular bakery. The store I went to was near Gaoyuan Temple Station, on the 2nd floor. The entrance was not very eye-catching, and it was probably mainly for local business.

To order, you have to press the button on the table, and the waiter will come over, which is a bit like the coffee shop in Shanghai 20 years ago. There are sockets next to the table, which is convenient for office workers to work in the coffee shop. The coffee beans during breakfast can also be selected like Hoshino. The author chose a more expensive set meal, which costs 660 yen and includes a cup of coffee, half a toast, and a small portion of three cheese egg and milk roasted vegetables. When eating the egg and milk roasted vegetables, the author felt like eating high-end Western food, and the plate was quickly cleaned.

No.5 Uejima Coffee Shop

It has nothing to do with the Taiwanese brand "U.S.Coffee" seen in China. U.S.Coffee is a chain coffee shop of the UCC coffee brand, and it is one of the top five chain brands in Japan. The author went there during breakfast time, and there was a rare fruit bowl (fruits in Japan are generally very expensive). Although it is more expensive than the general breakfast set, for 780 yen (about 36 yuan), you can eat bananas, yellow peaches, blueberries and cherries with some nuts, plus a cup of coffee with brown sugar, which is still a good value for money.

No.6 Poem Coffee House

This is a non-chain coffee shop that I tried. From the chef to the waiter, all of them are women. They only accept cash or Japanese PayPal electronic payment. After opening at 10 o'clock, there is a constant stream of customers, many of whom are foreigners living nearby. I went there twice, and the first time I chose three kinds of cheese toast with coffee, the taste was amazing.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 11:02 GMT-8 Processed in 0.133981 second(s), 36 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list