Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

A three-month travel guide for young artists in Taiwan: Kaohsiung and Taichung

243 0
Post time 2024-6-6 23:48 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

I have been in Taiwan for three months. Some friends are coming to visit. I just wrote some tips to share with you. I hope it will be helpful.

[Preparation before coming]

1. Exchange Taiwan dollars

It is not recommended to exchange at a bank in mainland China. You can exchange at the airport after the plane lands. You can use UnionPay cards in many places in Taiwan, but it is recommended to apply for a Huaxia Bank card. There is no handling fee for the first withdrawal of the day, anywhere.

2. Clothing

Bring a few summer clothes, a pair of long-sleeved trousers, a pair of comfortable shoes and sandals, and a swimsuit. It may be a bit cold to go to higher places such as Alishan. As for the city, it is already summer, and the north is slightly colder than the south. However, the most worthwhile thing I brought to Taiwan is a can of Lao Gan Ma. Because I live in Kaohsiung, the food here is sweet, even the vinegar is sweet and sour, so students from Sichuan can bring some hot sauce. In addition, there are some common medicines. Medicines in Taiwan are very expensive. The Hong Kong-made Huoxiang Zhengqi Pills sell for 280 Taiwan dollars per box, which is really not cost-effective.

Taiwan-A three-month travel guide for young artists in Taiwan: Kaohsiung and Taichung
Are you ready? Let's go~

[A few reminders after coming]

1. Please bring a small plastic bag when you go out. Taiwan started to implement a "no garbage on the ground" policy several years ago. When you walk on the street, you can't find a trash can. Less than. Don’t just throw away all kinds of garbage in your hands, so it is very wise to keep a small plastic bag with you, otherwise you will have to carry all kinds of food bags home~

2. If you use Google Maps to view convenience stores In Taiwan, there are so many convenience stores that people get trypophobia because there are so many convenience stores here. Taiwan's four major supermarkets (convenience store chains) include 7&11, FamilyMart, OK, and Laifu. 7 has the absolute priority because it is so convenient! Here, you can buy things, withdraw money, print, borrow a toilet, etc. to meet your various needs in a lonely city. When you buy something in a convenience store, you will get points if you exceed a certain amount. These cute little stickers can be exchanged for a lot of cute things when you collect a certain amount of points.

3. You must get a public transportation EasyCard, which can be used on MRT buses and all kinds of public transportation. The Easy Card is very convenient in the north, but not so easy to use when going to the south (the Kaohsiung general transportation card can also be used in Kaohsiung, Taichung, etc., but if you are traveling independently, you may go to the north more, so I recommend the Easy Card ). So I don't know how to handle it in detail. However, if you are traveling independently, you must get one at the Taipei MRT station.

There are three types of intercity transportation: high-speed rail, Taiwan Railway and buses. In order of price from high to low, in terms of time, the high-speed rail is the fastest. The Taiwan Railway (i.e. train) and the bus are the same. Poor students never take the high-speed rail when going to various places. They always take the Taiwan Railway or the bus. There are several bus companies. , among which Tonglian is the most popular because it takes the shortest time and is the cheapest. Where can I buy tickets? Apart from the station, it’s 7&11 (7&11 is really easy to use~)

Taiwan-A three-month travel guide for young artists in Taiwan: Kaohsiung and Taichung
Comes with a handsome guy on the Taiwan Railway~

4. Phone Cards

There are many telecommunications companies in Taiwan, many of which are public and private, among which Chunghwa Telecom and Big Mobile account for the majority. You can buy a temporary phone card at 7&11. Phone cards are generally not used for making calls, but more for surfing the Internet. Taiwan's wifi signal coverage is wide, and the data should be sufficient.

5. Accommodation

Accommodation in Taiwan is relatively expensive, whether it is a hotel or a B&B, starting at 1,000 Taiwan dollars. So I recommend youth hostels, although youth hostels are also expensive (the cheapest I stayed in was 500 Taiwan dollars a night).

I stayed in a youth hostel in Puli, Taichung. I got lost and called them. The lovely front desk lady came to pick me up on a small motorcycle and upgraded my quadruple room to a single room for free. It was super nice~

Beautiful Puli Youth Hostel~

6. Various brochures

There are many cultural and artistic activities in Taiwan. How can you get information about them? You must get various brochures. There will be relevant travel brochures at the airport. There are brochures for various places (from north to south and from east to west). Don't forget to take them. The map introduction above is very useful.

In addition, there are brochures for various activities in many places. Eslite and Ximen Red House will set up special counters to distribute free brochures. Don't forget to get them~

Green Island is You must go~it’s so beautiful

7. Little reminders [Postcards] Many friends who come to Taiwan will send postcards back. Remember that the post office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and you can buy stamps at 7 Chai. For the address, just write the province and city directly and drop it into the red airline mailbox.

Hello,Taiwan

[Seal] In Taiwan, many tourist attractions have seals. The variety is very nice. You can prepare a cute little book for easy stamping~
Kaohsiung Railway Station

[Cycling] There are many car rental shops in Taiwan, but if you don’t have Taiwan A driver's license does not allow you to rent a motorcycle or a car, and many of my classmates have had accidents when renting a car while traveling, so it is not recommended for everyone to rent a car. If you really love cycling, you can bring your own bicycle here. My classmate brought his bicycle here by air, and it took 15 days to circle the island, covering about 100 kilometers a day.

The cute Kirby is a girl, but she still managed to get around the island very impressively

If you have any questions, please contact us. We will reply within 24 hours. Yes.

【Self-help】

I'm not sure what to do with the Chinese government, I'm not sure what to do with the Chinese government, I'm not sure what to do with the Chinese government, I'm not sure what to do with the Chinese government.

If you have any questions, please contact us, we will reply within 24 hours, we will reply within 24 hours, we will reply within 24 hours, we will reply within 24 hours

If you have any questions, please contact us. We will reply within 24 hours.

If you have any questions, please contact us ... There is no such thing as a fire or a car accident (as the name suggests), no fire or water supply, no fire extinguisher, no fire safety, no fire safety The problem is that the computer is not working properly.

If you have any questions, please contact the computer immediately. If you have any questions, please contact the computer immediately. If someone says "I'm not a fan of Chinese cuisine" then they're not that good, they're not good at all, they're not good at all, they're not good at all, they're not good at all, they're not good at all, they're not good at all, There is no such thing as a fire, no fire, no fire at all.

There is no fire, no fire, no fire at all, no fire at all~

This city is so down-to-earth that I can’t say it’s good. . .  

(I am a bit tired today. I will continue to write travel guides for various places tomorrow. I have been to Kaohsiung, Meinong, Tainan, Taichung, Lukang, Taipei, Kenting and Hualien so far. I will update them slowly.)

【Kaohsiung】

Because I am studying in Kaohsiung, I have stayed here the longest and am more familiar with it. I will start from here.

Food, clothing, housing and transportation are the most basic. There is nothing much to write about clothing. I will write a little about food, which is integrated into the transportation. For accommodation, please refer to the backpackers' inns above, where you can find what you want.

Kaohsiung is located in the southwest of Taiwan, close to the sea. It started with industry and shipping. It used to be an industrial city, but in the past ten years, its overall environment (from air to humanities) has changed a lot. Kaohsiung has beautiful natural scenery, surrounded by mountains and the sea, and its pace of life is not fast. It is a lovely and fresh city.

Although this place belongs to the Democratic Progressive Party, I dare say that the human touch in southern Taiwan is definitely much stronger than in the north. In Kaohsiung or Tainan, passers-by often ask you kindly, "Hi, which province are you from? Do you like Taiwan? Where have you been to?" However, in Taipei, the human touch is much weaker, which is just the typical appearance of a big city.

Without further ado, here is a picture of Kaohsiung city. I often think its slogan is so cute~

My favorite rebuttal Second Art District

Attended a concert at National Sun Yat-sen University~

2. night market

Taiwan’s night market culture has such a long history that it could be written into a book. In Taiwan, every city has a night market, and each night market is different. Moreover, regional differences make the taste of night markets different between the north and the south.

Now let’s talk about Kaohsiung Night Market. There are three famous Kaohsiung night markets: Liuhe Night Market/Ruifeng Night Market/Golden Diamond Kaixuan Night Market. Liuhe Night Market is a place that mainland tourists will definitely take you to when visiting Kaohsiung. It is now called "occupied" by Taiwanese friends, but it still has some delicious food. I personally prefer Ruifeng Night Market. It’s just a hundred meters away from the MRT Arena Station. This night market is a more authentic Taiwanese night market with many locals. I haven’t been to Golden Diamond Triumph yet.

However, after coming to Taiwan for a month, you will lose interest in night markets because the food is almost the same. The important thing is that for a Northwester who loves spicy food and sour food, there is really nothing good to eat.

Cute night market guy~

3. Fo Guang Shan

Because the scenic spot is too famous, I will directly throw it into Baidu Encyclopedia: Fo Guang Shan is located in Dashu District, Kaohsiung City. It is a famous Buddhist resort in China and abroad, and is known as the "Buddhist Capital of Southern Taiwan". It was founded by Master Hsing Yun and his disciples. Founded in 1967, its temple architecture is magnificent, and a Buddhist university was established to promote Buddhism. Fo Guang Shan is the largest Buddhist temple in Taiwan. The founder, Master Hsing Yun, built Fo Guang Shan brick by brick to promote the way of "Humanistic Buddhism", and it has become the most popular and prestigious Buddhist holy place in Taiwan.

The atmosphere of Buddhism and Taoism in Taiwan is very strong. There are various temples and temples on the streets, which are deeply rooted in the hearts of the people~ Fo Guang Shan is worth a visit, with magnificent architecture and far-reaching reputation~

If you have any questions about the product, please contact us.\

4. E-DA World

I am an exchange student at I-Shou University, and across from E-DA World Shopping Plaza, I am quite familiar with this place. Let me introduce it to you without further ado: E-DA World is the largest outlet mall in Taiwan (or Asia). It is really huge. It took me a month or two to figure out what is in each area. But I only know the more famous ones like LV and COACH, and I don’t know many brands. Here, all kinds of high-end and classy world-famous brands are on sale all year round, so shoppers must come here to shop.

How to get there: Get off at Zuoying MRT Station, take bus 8501 at bus stop 3 and get off at E-DA World (terminal station).

The night view of E-da World after the rain

5. Zuoying

Zuoying is a district in Kaohsiung. It used to be the main gathering place for military dependents' villages in Kaohsiung.

Let's first popularize what military dependents' villages are. The introduction comes from Baidu Encyclopedia: Military dependents' villages in Taiwan usually refer to the houses built by the Nationalist government from 1949 to the 1960s to accommodate the Kuomintang troops and their dependents who were forced to migrate from various provinces in mainland China to Taiwan after the defeat in the Kuomintang-Communist Civil War. Sixty years later, this place has withered, but the talents and influence it has nurtured have unexpectedly become the highlight of Taiwan's soft power. In addition, the dormitories of US military officers, non-commissioned officers and their families stationed in Taiwan are also called "military dependents' villages."

In Zuoying, the cultural manifestation of military dependents' villages is not very obvious, but the cultural depth and human touch are also very strong. The Confucius Temple, Lotus Pond and Hello Market are all very interesting attractions. Maybe they are not famous enough, not so high-end, but they are very lifelike and very Taiwanese.

Zuoying Hello Market~ (actually a vegetable market)

Confucius Temple

Lianchitan  

6. The most common form of communication is the Internet

(1) The most common form of communication is the Internet

In this case, the Internet is not a digital world, but a digital world, and the Internet is not a digital world. I'm afraid that someone will not be able to see me. I'll just have to go to the doctor and ask him if he can help me.~

This is a mistake: the doctor who sent me a message about my mistake was called 911.

If you have any questions, please contact us.  

(2) The price of a car is 10000 pesos.

In the case of a car, the price of a van is 1000 pesos. (20 minutes). The price of a van is 1000 pesos. (20 minutes).

The price of a swiss franc is 100%

Note: The first thing you need to do is to read the first paragraph of the 152nd chapter

(3) The last thing you need to do is read the last paragraph

The last thing you need to do is read the last paragraph of the 152nd chapter

The last thing you need to do is read the last paragraph of the 152nd chapter If you have any questions, please contact us. We will reply within 24 hours. If you have any questions, please contact us. We will reply within 24 hours.

Next I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what to do next (I'm not sure what to do next).

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what to do next (I'm not sure what to do). The only problem is that the driver is not in the driver's seat.

The driver is not in the driver's seat, the driver is ...

I'm not sure if the weather is right for me.

Contact number: 07-5576000

Local government office: 11am-12pm

【People's Republic of China】

People's Republic of China has a number of airports, including the airport, the airport, and the airport. No airport transfers. There is no such thing as a boring business, no matter how many jobs you have, no matter how many jobs you have. Or maybe a boring business, no matter how many jobs you have. Or maybe a boring business, no matter how many jobs you have. Or maybe a boring business, no matter how many jobs you have. Or maybe a boring business, no matter how many jobs you have. There is no such thing as a "simple" solution (or a simple solution). The problem is that the software is not working properly, but the software is not working properly. The software is not working properly, but the software is not working properly.

There is no such thing as a "simple" solution, but the software is not working properly. Yes. I'm afraid that someone will not be able to use the Internet, but I'm afraid that someone will not be able to use the internet....I'm afraid that someone will not be able to use the internet. I'm afraid that someone will not be able to use the internet, but I'm afraid that someone will not be able to use the internet.

People who eat bland food should definitely order it

The answer is: no one

If you have any questions about the product, please contact us. We will reply within 24 hours. If you have any questions about the product, please contact us. We will reply within 24 hours.

If you have any questions about the product, please contact the seller or manager. They will reply within 24 hours. If you have any questions about the product, please contact the seller or manager. There is no such thing as a fire in the air. The air conditioning is not working properly, the air conditioning is not working properly, and the air conditioning is not working properly. The air conditioning is not working properly, the air conditioning is not working properly. The air conditioning is not working properly, and the air conditioning is not working properly.

Read more If you have a computer with a laptop, you can use the keyboard to play with the mouse. If you have a keyboard with a mouse, you can use the keyboard to play with the mouse.

The first name of a person

People, people, and animals are in danger of extinction....they are not afraid of the virus, but they are insane.

This article is for sale: Amazon Prime Video & Amazon Prime Video

In this case, the Amazon Prime Video player is not available in all countries, but in most cases the Amazon Prime Video player is not available in all countries, and in most cases the Amazon Prime Video player is not available in all countries.

In this case, the Amazon Prime Video player is not available in all countries. If you have a problem with your phone, you can't find anything wrong with you. You can find more information about the phone in the search bar. However, if you have a problem with the phone, you can find more information about the phone in the search bar.

Beautiful Sun Moon Lake

Please rent a bicycle at Sun Moon Lake~

The third stop: Taichung

Well, I have to say that Taichung is a relatively boring city. I just used it as a transit station to Lukang. Although there are Gaomei Wetland, Tunghai University and the world's largest botanical park, I didn't go to any of them. It's not that I'm not interested, but I didn't have enough time.

Even so, it still left a very good impression in my heart. Because I met a very good youth hostel owner here. The main reason why I say this youth hostel is good is that this youth hostel owner is so! Handsome! He is 190+ tall, with a kind smile, and will give you a hand-drawn map to tell you where to have fun and how to take the bus. He has a short flat head and a neat mustache, and wears a small apron.

The youth hostel he opened is downstairs from the cold noodle shop opened by his second sister, and across the street is the Western restaurant opened by his eldest sister, so I spent almost all of my two days in Taichung on the street where this youth hostel is located. I occasionally went out for a walk and came back to eat at a certain time. Because it is very convenient to eat and stay here~ I really can't find the information of this youth hostel, so I won't post it.

The rooftop of Taichung Youth Hostel

The back of the hostel owner and the cold noodle shop

Taichung Night View

The third stop: Lukang

At that time, I asked the hostel owner which one to choose between Gaomei Wetland and Lukang. Although I could stay in his hostel for one more day if I chose Lukang, and I had to leave on the same day, he still suggested that I go to Lukang without hesitation. The three places with the most historical heritage in Taiwan are Tainan, Lukang, and Mengjia (located in the south, central, and northern parts of Taiwan respectively). They were the capitals and coastal ports close to the mainland when Zheng Chenggong came to Taiwan during the Qing Dynasty, and have a very deep cultural and historical heritage. In addition, Lukang also produces antlers and cypress.

It is very convenient to go to Lukang from Taichung. Near the Taichung Railway Station, a Zhonglu passenger bus has been opened that runs from Taichung to Lukang every hour, with a 90-NTD bus. When I got on the bus, I didn't have enough money, only more than 70 yuan. The driver said, it's okay, just pay, 70 is fine.

So I came to Lukang happily. It is a historic town. Although it is somewhat commercialized, walking in the quiet Lukang at night, the town under the moonlight is very beautiful. There is an ancient Mazu Temple, a modern art studio, and it is said that there is also a glass factory (but unfortunately I didn't go there).

I stayed in Lukang for two days and one night. It was very pleasant. The youth hostel I stayed in was the most literary and considerate youth hostel I have ever stayed in Taiwan. The sister of the youth hostel prepared free breakfast for the guests and put it on the table in the morning. There were free drinks and beer in the refrigerator. There were Yu Hua and Schopenhauer on the bookshelf, and the handwriting on them was from the same person. I also met a Singaporean friend there. She was very nice. She said she wanted to go to a more primitive place in the mainland. I suggested that she go to Guizhou. Although she could speak Chinese, she could not write Chinese characters, so she carefully memorized the pinyin of the two words Guizhou on the iPad. Later, we kept in touch. I always said, come and play when you are free, and she said, definitely!

The town was very quiet after the rain

I had squid soup with rice three times in a row in Lugang. . . too delicious!

The warm youth hostel in Lukang

I left a small note to my sister at the youth hostel late at night

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 11:38 GMT-8 Processed in 0.222481 second(s), 32 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list