Return to list Post a new post

[Notes/Guide]

Traveling in Thailand: Rock climbing in Krabi, a town with a European feel

226 0
Post time 2024-6-17 21:19 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

Because I like rock climbing, I took advantage of the holiday to come to Krabi, the world's third-ranked rock climbing mecca. This European-style town brings together mountains, seas and wilderness. The streets are filled with many European backpackers; sitting on a Tutu car and riding through the streets in the sea breeze; watching a boxing match at night; drinking a sip of wine on the coast; eating a bite of pineapple rice in the bustling night market; or looking at the sunset in the distance on the beach...

Krabi-Traveling in Thailand: Rock climbing in Krabi, a town with a European feel

Looking down at Krabi from the plane, you will find that it is almost all green scenery, with only a few houses occasionally. I once doubted whether we would have a place to stay and the Internet. But When we arrived, we realized we had overthought it. Krabi has a European town feel and a holiday feel.

Krabi-Traveling in Thailand: Rock climbing in Krabi, a town with a European feel

Go to the seaside restaurant 5 minutes away from the hotel for dinner. There are many seafood restaurants and bars here, and it is very lively at night. In addition, you can see many dogs lying on the beach. The Thai people told us that Thai dogs will not bite, so there is no need to be afraid.

Fruits in Thailand are really cheap, you must try them when you come here! Rambutan, coconut🥥, durian, pineapple🍍...really cheap and delicious😋!

Even if you stay in the best hotel in Krabi, the price is not very expensive. There is a swimming pool, GYM... you can see the sea every day when you get up. There are many restaurants and bars next to the hotel. Go to the beach Only five minutes away.

Thailand plays an important role in the world boxing world. Boxing gyms can be found everywhere in this country. Every Friday, there is a boxing match in various places, big or small. It is a good choice to come here to see a real Muay Thai match and feel the atmosphere of a boxing powerhouse. You can watch Muay Thai matches in VIP seats for 300 RMB. Most of the players are young, even 8 or 9 years old. There are eight groups in the match, which lasts 2-3 hours. It is also very cheap to learn authentic Muay Thai in Thailand. Generally, there is a learning time of 5 days to 1 month, and you can also experience the course.

We booked a one-day tour online. A Thai tour guide led us. Itinerary: Emerald Pool - Natural Hot Spring - Baby Elephant Show, Bathing Baby Elephants.

Swim in the Emerald Pool. The water in the Emerald Pool is very clear, but there is a lot of moss on the edge, which is very slippery. Be careful when you go down. It is best to go in the morning when there are fewer people and the sun is small. There is no place to change clothes, so it is best to wear a swimsuit in advance.

Soak in natural hot springs. It's a pity that it's too hot. It would be much better if it was in winter.

The elephant show. You can give them a 20 baht tip after the show. You can also buy some fruit to feed the elephants. Thailand is a tipping country, but it doesn't mean you can be forced to tip. If you feel the service attitude is bad, you can refuse to tip.

Bathing the baby elephant. This is a very cute baby elephant, 8 years old. When you sit on it, it will spray water on you. P.S. I like elephants very much, and I am very opposed to riding elephants as an entertainment. When you Travel, you can choose a more humane way to treat elephants.

Krabi Night Market is located in Krabi Town. I booked a car online to go to the night market. The night market basically closes at 9:30 pm. There are a lot of food, fruits, souvenirs and other things. They are all very cheap.

A cartoon sketch artist at the night market. For only 100 beads, you can get a colorful cartoon image of yourself.

It started to rain suddenly, and the dedicated cartoonist held an umbrella and continued coloring🎨.

Almost everyone in Krabi can speak a little English and Chinese. There are also high school students who volunteer as Chinese language volunteers at the night market. So you don't have to worry about language problems. Credit cards can also be used locally. 711 and McDonald's accept this payment method.

I ordered a one-day rock climbing tour in Krabi online in advance. A local English-speaking coach from Thailand took me. (This was also the best day for me.) In the morning, I followed the coach to Railay Beach.

One coach will not lead more than 2 people. Under the guidance of the coach, we challenged five lines in the morning.

Many Europeans also climb here, mostly French. If you don't know how to climb, you can choose a half-day experience, where the coach will lead you to climb a simple route on the other side.

The last line of the challenge was not the most difficult, but it was the highest. It took me a lot of energy to reach the top and take a photo.

After the rock climbing, the instructor led us to start Jungle Trekking. He said it would take 2 hours to cross the beach, caves, reach the mountain and then rappel. On the way to Jungle Trekking, we passed by the beach. Quickly take off your clothes and take a photo.

Preparing to go into the mountains. I didn’t know in advance that this activity would be done temporarily, so I only brought climbing shoes and flip-flops. But because the mountains we were hiking in were too dark and the roads were slippery, and they were undeveloped mountains with many roads without roads, I took off my shoes for a long time and held on to the rope step by step.

Looking out from the cave, you can see the blue sea and blue sky, which has a unique flavor.

Arrive at the destination and rappel at this climbing point. This is a very famous rock climbing spot in Krabi. The coach who led me this time is the person in the picture introducing this attraction.

The scenery after descending. Looking at the mountains and the sea, I feel full of accomplishment.

A very nice rock climbing coach. His salary is very low, but he is full of love. He told me that he used to run a rock climbing school and teach children rock climbing for free.
Though he is poor like this People who still love life are always worthy of everyone's respect.

P.S. These rock climbing instructors are really good and will not ask us for any tips, but after we finished climbing, we still bought him water. He tips. Anyone who works hard should be proactively tipped appropriately.

The mountain behind is the one we just hiked. It was originally planned to take 2 hours, but we only spent 1 hour haha.

After rock climbing and jungle trekking🔚, I have a face full of vicissitudes...

Rock climbing is the most difficult sport I have ever experienced, but it is also a sport you will fall in love with. Every time you successfully climb a line, the sense of achievement you get is no less than completing a half marathon. BTW, the coach I met, Rain, was so nice. He said I was the strongest Chinese girl he had ever seen, but I looked really strong next to him.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-16 19:36 GMT-8 Processed in 0.219363 second(s), 36 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list