Return to list Post a new post

[Hotel/Apartment]

Singer Teresa Teng died in Room 1502 of Royal Mae Ping InterContinental Chiang Mai

171 0
Post time 2024-9-16 22:48 | View all Read mode

Register now to join Ufos Travel and make travel friends around the world

Login to follow friends and send messages. No Account? Register

There is a kind of nostalgia, called walking the road you walked, seeing the scenery you saw, and staying in the hotel you stayed in.
During the whole Trip to Chiang Mai, I would stay in two hotels repeatedly, one is the Chiang Mai Four Seasons related to my brother, and the other is the Royal Mae Ping, a hotel that Teresa Teng loved very much, and she eventually died in room 1502.

When I first went to Chiang Mai, I couldn't afford to stay in the Royal Mae Ping, but I still went to room 1502 to present a bouquet of flowers. Later, when I went to Chiang Mai again, although there were MO and THE CHEDI in Chiang Mai, I still liked to stay in Mae Ping. Later, Mae Ping closed down. I was very distressed. I expected Mae Ping to be reborn and break out of the cocoon to become a butterfly, but I was more worried that she would be like Chiang Mai MO, which would be gone after closing down. This time I went to Chiang Mai again and saw Mae Ping again, and my hanging heart finally fell. Although it is no longer the Royal Mae Ping, the name change to Mae Ping InterContinental actually means a dual upgrade of brand and hardware. It is very gratifying to see that the hotel I like has become better.

No matter how much Mae Ping is upgraded and renovated, Room 1502 will not change at all. Everything will be the same as it was on May 8, 1995. I am very grateful to Mae Ping for still keeping a period of time for Teresa Teng. It also gives us a place to remember Teresa Teng. If you want to visit 1502, you don't have to stay in Mae Ping. Just buy an afternoon tea at Mae Ping HONG'S Chinese Restaurant. The hotel was formerly the Royal Mae Ping Hotel, which opened in 1988 and was once the tallest building in Chiang Mai. InterContinental will take over and reopen in 2023. Except for Room 1502, which remains the same, the others have been renovated. The hotel is in a good location, right in the heart of the old city of Chiang Mai, very close to the Chiang Mai city wall.

The main body of InterContinental Mae Ping consists of two parts. A wooden building with the charm of the Lanna Dynasty is the Check In lobby area, and the skyscraper standing behind is mainly the guest rooms. The two buildings are connected by a corridor. When you check in and send a welcome drink, you will strike a gong before drinking it. We stayed in a special room type that is not available on OTA this time. The room has a swimming pool (hot spring) and a terrace. This room type should only be available on the 3rd floor, which is quite scarce. The color tones of the guest rooms are calm and retro green and white.

The HONG'S Chinese restaurant on the 16th floor specializes in Sichuan and Cantonese cuisine. InterContinental Mae Ping is very Chinese-friendly. Not only does it have Chinese food, but many signs also have Chinese, and there are also Chinese-speaking employees. Breakfast is in the all-day restaurant, with a high proportion of freshly made by chefs, and many local flavors of northern Thailand, which are particularly rich. In terms of catering, InterContinental has upgraded a lot compared to the Mae Ping where I originally lived after taking over.

Chiang Mai-Singer Teresa Teng died in Room 1502 of Royal Mae Ping InterContinental Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai-Singer Teresa Teng died in Room 1502 of Royal Mae Ping InterContinental Chiang Mai

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Complaints/Suggestions Contact

[email protected]

Unauthorized reproduction, copying and mirroring are prohibited.
Any violation, held legally accountable
  • Android APP
  • IOS APP
Copyright ©copy 2021-2024 Ufos Travel All rights reserved All Rights Reserved. 2024-9-19 13:54 GMT-8 Processed in 0.188212 second(s), 36 queries .
Turn off the lights Publish One Post
WhatsApp
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list